JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Prepared For Persecution

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1846 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

Can't believe I'm writing this post, but in light of events in Russia, and an expectation of things to come, I think it's prudent to prepare ourselves mentally for what may come.

Well said, brother Walker and thank you. I forget what the scripture is but it says something like - If you have good words to say that are upbuilding or words of encouragement, don't hold back from saying them.-   So , don't hold back. The time is now for preparation for later is the time of test and endurance. 

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

Thank you Brother Walker, your time was very well spent! This was so appreciated!

During this time, it would be good to review Watch Nov 2018, Trust in Jehovah and Live! Some pointers:

We must never stop praying to Jehovah, no matter what trials befall us.

We need to listen to what Jehovah tells us through his Word and organization.

We should patiently wait on Jehovah, fully trusting that he will relieve our pains in his own time. If we continue to talk intimately with Jehovah and listen to him with a waiting attitude, we will gain a calm heart, which will help us endure.

We need to take the time now to prepare ourselves. Do you have a favorite Kingdom Song that gives you courage or boost your spirits or faith? Remember those brothers who were in concentration camps who sang to keep their faith up? What about a scripture or two? What scriptures can you recall from memory to strengthen you? What about reviewing examples of faithful ones in the Bible? We can learn a lot.

We are in a war. Jehovah is putting us in battle formation in preparation for the New World! Let's take advantage of the tools he gives us to prepare for survival.

On 2/22/2019 at 12:53 PM, Vinnie said:

Well said, brother Walker and thank you. I forget what the scripture is but it says something like - If you have good words to say that are upbuilding or words of encouragement, don't hold back from saying them.-   So , don't hold back. The time is now for preparation for later is the time of test and endurance. 

you reminded me of that beautiful scripture!

Acts 13:15  After the public reading of the Law and the Prophets, the presiding officers of the synagogue sent word to them, saying: “Men, brothers, if you have any word of encouragement for the people, tell it.”

Matt certainly did that.. I just emailed myself and a few with the text.

Fear is its own enemy.. As he said prepare now to be loyal.. but being conscious of some of the tactics and the perception of them that can play on your mind is a big help. So please he posted this.

On 2/22/2019 at 9:56 AM, Thomas Walker said:

Eyes on the Prize." This one seems obvious, but remember that 'Enduring to the End' has a double meaning for us; because what's ending in our case isn't a war, or a government, or a prison term. it's so much bigger than that. Because once it's over, nobody in the world will ever be persecuted again. There won't be anyone left to try their hand at Totalitarianism or Fascism or Slavery. Not ever again.

Thanks very much brother Thomas Walker, greatest thanks to Jehovah for drawing you to him that with also been privileged to benefit from your words of encouragement advice and faith strengthening. 

I would like to copy all your encouragement and share with other brothers not on this forum,citing you as the source. I will only do that after you have given me the go ahead. 

2 hours ago, Tetteh said:

I would like to copy all your encouragement and share with other brothers not on this forum,citing you as the source. I will only do that after you have given me the go ahead. 

Thanks for the kind words, Brother. And of course you can share this with anyone you feel could use it. That's rather the point of the Forum; and the Brotherhood in general.