JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Does above 40 the age means the initial years of old age.?

I am 42.

I am noticing this things below....

Food getting digested slowly.

Can't even eat non veg. (digestion problems start)

I get tired soon.

White mustaches little, little.

Also my confidence has come down by 1-2%.

Anxiety, palpitations, still there.

Hope they don't worsen by my increase in age.

Interest in life little less.

(much of my points can be due to my baseless anxiety)

Sent from my Infinix X572 using Tapatalk

Cheer up brother, it only gets worse. Barring the end of this system you will someday look back at 40+ and think "Those were the days...".

Spoken by someone that has doubled 40+.  :D

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

54 minutes ago, dilip kumar said:

I get tired soon.

Sent from my Infinix X572 using Tapatalk

I have been feeling like this since I turned 30🙄I just blamed it on having kids,well the lack of energy and grey hair!

9 minutes ago, Dane Rí Rua said:

I turned 30🙄I just blamed it on having kids,well the lack of energy and grey hair!

Wait till they become Teen Age Us' Then you pull out your hair. It is called Male Pattern Baldness. :lol1:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

I didn't start having the conditions you describe until I reached 60 years of age. Maybe it's true what they say, 60 is the new 40. Or in your case, maybe it's the other way around, 40 is the new 60!  😯

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

I've noticed that since I reached 35, my energy went down quite a bit. I seem to be taking more naps.
Also my metabolism has plummeted around 30 as well. When I was in my 20's I worked at Burger King and partook of our product quite a lot, but I look at pics of me at that age, and am astounded, like "LOOK AT HOW THIN I WAS!!!" Now, the only way I'll see even 140lbs, much less the 125 I was, is by watching my sugar and simple carbs like a hawk. I can't even look at a candy bar without putting on some weight haha.

I also went to get my bloodwork done and my cholesterol was high, so I guess it's official that I'm no longer a young-un XD
Other than those things, tho, it hasn't been so bad, yet. Hopefully, if I continue to eat healthy and do regular exercise, the 40's won't be so bad.

At forty my life restarted. Now I had a toddler and 2 teenagers to raise as a single parent, but I felt so much better that I had since my marriage at 21. 

I look back at pics in my forties and I still look ok. Middle age is great! You are a bit more in control of things (as much as you can be in this system), though it’s true those niggly health issues will start to show now. Just do your best with a healthy diet, some exercise, regular checkups and embrace this time. 

The fifties hopefully won’t happen in this system 😁

And Dilip, you brothers look distinguished with a sprinkling of grey. I need to maintain my hair colour. Not the same look for us ladies. 

14 hours ago, Katty said:

When I was in my 20's I worked at Burger King and partook of our product quite a lot, but I look at pics of me at that age, and am astounded, like "LOOK AT HOW THIN I WAS!!!" Now, the only way I'll see even 140lbs, much less the 125 I was, is by watching my sugar and simple carbs like a hawk. I can't even look at a candy bar without putting on some weight haha.

You still look good love. 😍

It’s all downhill after 25. :lol1::lol2:  But I’d rather be “over the hill” than under the hill. :)

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

At forty my life restarted. Now I had a toddler and 2 teenagers to raise as a single parent, but I felt so much better that I had since my marriage at 21. 

I look back at pics in my forties and I still look ok. Middle age is great! You are a bit more in control of things (as much as you can be in this system), though it’s true those niggly health issues will start to show now. Just do your best with a healthy diet, some exercise, regular checkups and embrace this time. 

The fifties hopefully won’t happen in this system

And Dilip, you brothers look distinguished with a sprinkling of grey. I need to maintain my hair colour. Not the same look for us ladies. 

I love ladies with a streak of white or completely white or grey. I cannot wrap my head around the Technicolor dyes some elderly ladies engage in.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

5 hours ago, pnutts said:

Don't forget the crows feet! 👀

Many people get wrinkles around their eyes after age 35. In Canada & the US we call the wrinkles - crows feet.

Then then are some women ( maybe some men too ) who look 30 when they are 50ish.

3 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Technicolor dyes

You mean the blond hair with dark roots and dark eyebrows?  I call them blond inside.:blink:

Can't make up their mind if they want to be blond or brunette.  :lol1:

You mean the blond hair with dark roots and dark eyebrows?  I call them blond inside.:blink:
Can't make up their mind if they want to be blond or brunette.  :lol1:

That too, I guess, but sometimes you see them with blue or purple hair. Or even pink.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 3/1/2019 at 9:47 AM, dilip kumar said:

Does above 40 the age means the initial years of old age.?

I am 42.

I am noticing this things below....

I get tired soon.

(much of my points can be due to my baseless anxiety)

Almost 50 and all this is looking all too familiar.  😣