JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

26 Real Animals That Shouldn’t Exist, But Do Anyway

Enjoy this list of the weird and wonderful creation - 26 real animals that shouldn’t exist but do anyway.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/real-animals-that-should-not-exist

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

The pelican seems like it could fit this list

Image result for pelican

The way it is built it does not seem like it should even be able to fly. They are gangling, disproportional and clumsy looking. In fact, they are considered to not be graceful, especially when they take off and land.

However, they can actually do something that no other bird can do in flight ... they can glide barely above the water seemingly picking up the thermals from the water without flapping their wings for great distances.

While it is true that other birds can glide on thermals, only the pelican can do it right at water level.

We discovered that information when we studied the pelican for one of our Family Worship nights - we decided to study them since we see them when we go fishing in the ocean.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, nanceebgd46 said:

Ross,

The poor animal? only has two toes on each foot.:bringiton:

Can't really tell from that picture.  Doesn't stop it from running across the desert at 15mph.:D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

What do you think about the Liger, Tigon, etc...

The Lion and Tiger are different species or the same after-all? (Defining species boundaries by the fact that 2 different species can't have an offspring)

Could it be, by this that Jehovah only created directly one CAT, be it a Lion, Tiger, Leopard, or other one??

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/02/wildlife-watch-liger-tigon-big-cat-hybrid/

image.png.f13539e807606b56e12ed10e4609d816.png

11 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Why not? I guess it’s because this gorgeous little bird weaves such intricate homes.

I wondered if that was the reason too.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.