JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Two issues with latest version of JW Library

For several weeks already I am having two issues with the last version of JW Library for Android both on my phone and tablet.

1. A lot of publications always have the update icon and every time you open them they will ask if you wish to update now or later. But you update them, and they keep showing the same icon. Even if you uninstall the app and install it again from scratch, those publications (magazines, videos, ...) appear with the update icon.

2. Every time I download or update a publication it will reach like 90 percent of the download, then the app will freeze. I need to kill the app, run it again and this time it will download correctly. But it will freeze again if you try to download another publication.

The first problem is a minor annoyance, but the second one can be quite bothersome. Besides, if the program freezes during the update you will lose that publication until you download it again. So I have learned not to update a Watchtower article or MWB when I am at the KH just before studying it. :)

19 minutes ago, carlos said:

So I have learned not to update a Watchtower article or MWB when I am at the KH just before studying it. 

Listen to Jehovah....:facepalmpo2:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

32 minutes ago, carlos said:

then the app will freeze. I need to kill the app, run it again and this time it will download correctly. But it will freeze again if you try to download another publication.

You aren't running android pie are you?  I though it just was the custom rom for my Samsung T350 - pie.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

I have tested your issues on my Samsung9plus ...running android

No issues reported at all.

The test is flowed though because my android was upside down .... :lol2: (benefits of living Down Under LOL )

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 hour ago, pnutts said:

You aren't running android pie are you?  I though it just was the custom rom for my Samsung T350 - pie.

Hmm, Pie is not to blame, at least not alone. i was having those issues both in a phone with Android 8 and a tablet with an older version (4 something). A couple days ago I updated my phone to Android 9 and that seems to have fixed the freezing when I download a publication, but the issue with the publications marked for update has not disappeared.

41 minutes ago, TonyWenz said:

Are you having any issues running media (mp4) straight from the Toolbox' tray on the home screen

I'm not sure which kind of issues you mean, Tony. I can play media from the Toolbox without a problem. But many of the videos and songs are marked as pending update although I already have the most recent version.

I could not play any media directly from the Toolbox. Nor could I download it. It was a stalemate for me. I just continually received this message...

Ty22c1a406980eb047a6352994e9aa444a.jpg

Just Older

Well Carlos..it seems that Apple Store is welcoming you ..... LOL :whistling:
Did you get one for your wife yet?

Just Older

2 minutes ago, TonyWenz said:

Did you get one for your wife yet?

At the end of the month ... she is still bit resisting for the lack of home button

4 minutes ago, TonyWenz said:

I could not play any media directly from the Toolbox. Nor could I download it. It was a stalemate for me. I just continually received this message...

Works for me perfectly ... perhaps only certain devices are problematic...?

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Just now, TonyWenz said:

So you are Samsung and your wife is Apple... Now that's what I call problematic!

Just Older emoji856.png

Sorry to admit but I use both Android and apple ...my wife only apple... (she does not like android operating systems)

2 hours ago, carlos said:

For several weeks already I am having two issues with the last version of JW Library for Android both on my phone and tablet

I have the same two issues on my android phone, I'm sure a resolution is imminent. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

9 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I have the same two issues on my android phone, I'm sure a resolution is imminent. 

You're on the threshold of receiving an update to fix your problem ....LOL :facepalmpo2:

My departure from the forum is imminent, as I realised I have run out of washing powder, and I am on the threshold of receiving a phone call from my wife to check if the washing is done...  .

If I fail at my task the judgment message will be passed immediately ... better go now LOL :lol1:

2 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Sorry to admit but I use both Android and apple ...my wife only apple... (she does not like android operating systems)

Of course your wife only likes apple - way too expensive for what you get.  Just like when you used to go out on a date.

She would order the most expensive thing on the menu while you ordered one french fry. 

She sniffed at her plate, mess around on it then left it. Forbade you to get a bowser box. :cry:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Sorry to admit but I use both Android and apple ...

The indecisive one...
Reminds me of a verse in Rev...

... that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were cold or else hot.  So because you are lukewarm and neither hot nor cold, I am going to....

Just Older

17 minutes ago, TonyWenz said:

The indecisive one...
Reminds me of a verse in Rev...

... that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were cold or else hot.  So because you are lukewarm and neither hot nor cold, I am going to....

Just Older emoji856.png

Scripturally I should not go with an apple ...? It all started to crumble in Eden from the fruit... LOL :whistling:

I think we have manged to loose Carlos original post... LOL (sorry Carlos ...:givehug:)

I, and lots of brothers in my hall, have the No1 issue for some time now. For me it even doesn't start to download, just go back to were it was after I press "download" on the message about the update. So I just keep pressing "later"

The issue No 2 never occurred to me. As you say it is now corrected must have been a specific problem of your device

As for the side conversation (:)) I have a Samsung Note 9 phone and for now don't use a tablet. My wife has an iPad 2018, which, in my opinion, is the best tablet cost-wise at the moment

For the price it costs, there is no android tablet that comes near (and I'm not iOS fun, never got  an iphone, etc...). with the coming iOS 13 update it will be even better

If you're on a budget there is nothing better than the Amazon fire HD 8 for $80 - I also have this tablet (altough I just use it when I go to the stand) and it doesn't have the android errors :)

Edited by jayrtom

10 hours ago, Tortuga said:

It's good to know it's not just my devices. Then I'm sure it wll be fixed in a future update.

10 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

You're on the threshold of receiving an update to fix your problem ....LOL :facepalmpo2:

We are on the cusp of receiving a solution. :lol2: