JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Brother Christensen's Conviction Appealed to ECHR.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1555 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Even if they rule in his favor, can they do anything to make Russia release him?  Seems to me that Russia does whatever it wants no matter what the ECHR rules.  It's good to have a favorable ruling in the books though in case this gathers speed in the international community. I just sent a letter to Brother Christensen, I hope he gets it!  

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Even if they rule in his favor, can they do anything to make Russia release him?  Seems to me that Russia does whatever it wants no matter what the ECHR rules.  It's good to have a favorable ruling in the books though in case this gathers speed in the international community. I just sent a letter to Brother Christensen, I hope he gets it!  
how do send a letter to him?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, SheyZ said:

Sister Sheyz,

The prison address is shown its this link.

https://jw-russia.org/en/prisoners/christensen.html

From the above 

“Address for correspondence: 
Dennis Ole Christensen, born 1972, FKU SIZO-1, UFSIN, Oryol Region, ul. Krasnoarmeyskaya, 10, g. Oryol, 302040 

Emails are also accepted via the “FSIN-letter” system.

(Note: the letters must not discuss topics related to criminal prosecution; letters in languages other than Russian to the detention facilities are not accepted.)”

This was discussed in this thread

https://jwtalk.net/topic/40498-dennis-christensen/?tab=comments#comment-643317

On 6/20/2019 at 12:02 AM, SheyZ said:

You have to write the letter in Russian as well (any other language and they won't pass it on to him).  Also, don't use the name Jehovah, or quote scriptures from the NWT or discuss anything that has to do with his trial. I wrote the actual letter in Russian (after using a transalor) but addressed it in English since I was sending it from the United States. 

2 hours ago, cricket246 said:

Hmm... I cannot get the actual locations to translate, anyone know which location it is? 

Are you asking where you go to get a translation done? (Maybe not, but if it is...) there are several translation web sites:

Google Translate

Bing Translator

DeepL Translator

That should get you started.

4 hours ago, campanula said:

Brother Dennis has another address...😣

https://jw-russia.org/en/news/19061115-921.html

Thank you so much for this update. I'm terribly distressed to know that he is in a penal colony now, I thought that wouldn't happen till his appeals were over. I'm going to rewrite my letter in Russian and send it to him again at this address. 

I used a translation site that started with Z or Y and it did a really good job of translating English to Russian. I think Svetlana may of posted it a while ago and she was dead on!

Well my letter to Brother Christensen came back to me today.  The address posted on jw-russia website left out "Russian Federation" so they didn't know what country it went to, which is fine because he is somewhere different now.  So I'm readdressing it and sending it out again and hoping it gets to him this time.  The jw-russian website doesn't write the address out properly for those of us outside of Russia so I have no idea what goes on what line in order to send it.   Here is how I addressed it this time and I hope it gets there:

Dennis Christensen

Penal Colony #3 in the Kursk Region

Primakova Street, 23A

Lgov, Kursk Regtion 307754

Russian Federation

Thank you so much for this update. I'm terribly distressed to know that he is in a penal colony now, I thought that wouldn't happen till his appeals were over. I'm going to rewrite my letter in Russian and send it to him again at this address.  I used a translation site that started with Z or Y and it did a really good job of translating English to Russian. I think Svetlana may of posted it a while ago and she was dead on!

People have been sent to live in containers under the hot sun, overcrowded barracks, solitary cells, house arrest, among lions and people with lion-like personalities, even dropped off in the wilderness to fend for themselves. Jehovah is fully aware, and will take care of them just fine. Brother Christensen is joining those of us who have chosen to become a spectacle to the world rather than betray Jehovah God. And hopefully many more will join him taking the same firm stand.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

21 hours ago, Bluebell said:

They have corrected it......

https://jw-russia.org/en/news/19061115-921.html

Letters of support to Dennis Christensen can be sent to the Penal Colony #3 in the Kursk Region located: Primakova Street, 23A, Lgov, Kursk Region, 307754, Russian Federation

I'm pretty sure that is exactly what I posted.

14 minutes ago, shali said:

I'm pretty sure that is exactly what I posted.

yes you did..:thumbsup:..but you mentioned this:  "The address posted on jw-russia website left out "Russian Federation"

...so I checked and found that it was not left out......thinking that they must added it after you wrote your letter....

so maybe many others had the same problem like you : "Well my letter to Brother Christensen came back to me today"

:)

On 7/3/2019 at 10:16 AM, Bluebell said:

yes you did..:thumbsup:..but you mentioned this:  "The address posted on jw-russia website left out "Russian Federation"

...so I checked and found that it was not left out......thinking that they must added it after you wrote your letter....

so maybe many others had the same problem like you : "Well my letter to Brother Christensen came back to me today"

:)

I was talking about the address of the prison he was in before the Penal Colony, not the address of where he is now.  The address posted of the prison he was in before the penal colony did not include "Russian Federation".

Edited by shali

• 5 months later...

How should this address look on an envelope?

Screenshot_20191225_123313.thumb.jpg.98f20ff6fbbf613bf2bfcbd72d734366.jpg

Is this correct?

Dennis Christensen

Penal Colony #3

Primakova Street 23A

Lgov Kursk Region, Russian Federation

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

9 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

How should this address look on an envelope?

Screenshot_20191225_123313.thumb.jpg.98f20ff6fbbf613bf2bfcbd72d734366.jpg

Is this correct?

Dennis Christensen

Penal Colony #3

Primakova Street 23A

Lgov Kursk Region, Russian Federation

Maybe. I'm not sure what importance the order is, but see what Brigette wrote above. (But she wrote Kursk Region twice.)