JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting and JW.ORG Websites Merged

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1532 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The changes to JW.ORG and JW Broadcasting announced at last year's annual meeting have finally started. What do you think of this new graphic design of the JW.ORG home? Since the contents of the two sites JW.ORG and JW Broadcasting have been merged, do you think tv.jw.org will disappear completely?

(MOD NOTE: All of the JW.ORG and JWBroadcasting merger topics have been...uh...merged...Some WOL related topics are included in the mix...)

Edited by Bro Richard

It's Here!

It is slick and professional.

Just Ah-Mazing!!!!!!

It looks very professional.

Great job the many many brothers who have worked on the redesign and reconfigure!

Here is the quote from the 'What's New' Section...

The Publications section of jw.org has been renamed Library, since it now includes many audio and video recordings. All videos—including those that previously appeared only on tv.jw.org—are now found on jw.org in the section LIBRARY > VIDEOS.

There is no longer a separate Streaming section, as there was on tv.jw.org. Instead, each video category (channel) now includes an option to Stream This Channel. Choose this option to play all videos in the category in random order.

Its a little bit slow,with a couple seconds lag when you click through to a video.

But amazing optics. Great new icons. and very logically set out!

Does anyone know what will happen to the Broadcasting App on Roku, Apple TV etc. Was is mentioned when it was announced in 2018?

Edited by Brother Brother

The Best Life Ever Is Here, and the Very Best Life Ever Is Coming Very Soon.

Yep.

It looks great. Easier to manage when you have one website instead of two. I will miss tv.jw.org. I liked how they were separated, but its better for the public to get everything in one place. 

This also makes the organization much more transparent. Anyone can see everything. 

1 minute ago, Bob said:

Yep.

It looks great. Easier to manage when you have one website instead of two. I will miss tv.jw.org. I liked how they were separated, but its better for the public to get everything in one place. 

This also makes the organization much more transparent. Anyone can see everything. 

Good Point on the transparency!

I have heard that the Brothers get requests weekly (almost daily) from other groups/companies to have a similar website designed by the people who are managing ours.

Little do they know that Jehovah's organisation can learn anything, get anything done, and then by thinking in a theocratic way- do it better!

1 minute ago, jwhess said:

If you go to the JW Broadcasting site is gives this message:

tv.JPG

That's amazing, that happened in the last 7 minutes!

History in the making.

Our Apple TV app is still the same...for now?

Hm, did they make it from scratch or are they using something like bootstrap? Just wondering what language they decided to go with.

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

18 minutes ago, Brother Brother said:

Good Point on the transparency!

I have heard that the Brothers get requests weekly (almost daily) from other groups/companies to have a similar website designed by the people who are managing ours.

Little do they know that Jehovah's organisation can learn anything, get anything done, and then by thinking in a theocratic way- do it better!

Wow, I hadn’t heard that. But I am not surprised... our website is by far and away the most frequented religious site for a reason.

The design appeals and is user friendly. 

This is nice but I thought, according to brother Lett at last years annual meeting, these changes were supposed to have been here a long time ago. Were there other changes made that I missed?

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

9 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

This is nice but I thought, according to brother Lett at last years annual meeting, these changes were supposed to have been here a long time ago. Were there other changes made that I missed?

Yeah, but I think the changes were done months ago, but they were waiting for the AM to reveal the changes. After all, the AM is were these sort of changes are introduced. 

29 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

He said at the AGM 18 “more then 6 months” and he was correct it’s been 12 months.

Edited by Luigi62

19 minutes ago, Bob said:

Yeah, but I think the changes were done months ago, but they were waiting for the AM to reveal the changes. After all, the AM is were these sort of changes are introduced. 

I think he announced it would start to change 3 months after the 2018 AGM, which it has. 

Subtle changes have been made all year, including icon changes, font adjustments and subject reorganisation.

All in all, the improvements are amazing...

2 minutes ago, jwhess said:

JW Broadcasting (TV.JW.ORG) is off the air. The website is closed.  If you go there is says "site closed" and redirects you to JW.ORG.

😥

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

54 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

He said at the AGM 18 “more then 6 months” and he was correct it’s been 12 months.

Oh, I thought he said within 6 months.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.