JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting and JW.ORG Websites Merged

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1533 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

6 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

You must download them to play all in the JW Library app. 

The other option is to go to the music page on jw.org. Press on the headphones 🎧 and then press play. 

3206D563-2F23-43AC-8D05-0A80D2826ACE.png

20191014_080133.thumb.png.3bd4ee8ac6ab56591c29720cd88ae67c.png

Thank you very much, Brother Blake. Here how it looks like now on my tablet, but I'm shure there was no such an option some time ago.

"Absolute rubbish”

7 hours ago, campanula said:

Thank you very much, Brother Blake. Here how it looks like now on my tablet, but I'm shure there was no such an option some time ago.

No worries Sister. i forgot about that option, it was available before the merge.

On 10/13/2019 at 11:51 AM, rocket said:

In the past when there were changes to jw.org or tv.jw.org we had to do a restart back to original software getting rid of updates. This time that didn't work and any updates didn't help. Oddly enough jw.org is the only site we have problems with.

This is exactly what is happening with my mum too.  So, basically, we can no longer watch the broadcasting on an older unsupported browser on a Samsung "smart" tv.  Sad..... 😪

Just a thought, if we use a set-top box, does that circumvent the unsupported browser?

30 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Just a thought, if we use a set-top box, does that circumvent the unsupported browser?

I don't have that answer but I have a Roku ($25.00 US) and it still works fine with an older off brand smart TV.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

40 minutes ago, Bro Richard said:

I don't have that answer but I have a Roku ($25.00 US) and it still works fine with an older off brand smart TV.

Roku just announced that models older than Roku-3 will not support all of the new upgrades and some content.  I have a Roku-3 (it is getting close...)

Apple TV ?

AppleTV works but is not a budget solution. If you just need to to play JW Broadcasting, some other solution might be the right one for you. Other solutions are Amazon Fire TV or a Roku digital media player.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

43 minutes ago, jwhess said:

According to the Roku website, their name is a use of the Japanese word for six (sixth).  It was the 6th project the owner had started.

So...the Roku-3 is 666?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 1 month later...

For those who are a little Tech savvy you might be able to answer my problem.  I use a Lenovo tablet.

Since the change I go to do the daily bible reading and go to audio but:

instead of the chapter I nominate another chapter begins on the audio.

I have to nominate an earlier chapter in the hope that the one I want will come up.

Any clues?

Brother Merv Webster.  🤥

1 hour ago, bushbard said:

For those who are a little Tech savvy you might be able to answer my problem.  I use a Lenovo tablet.

Since the change I go to do the daily bible reading and go to audio but:

instead of the chapter I nominate another chapter begins on the audio.

I have to nominate an earlier chapter in the hope that the one I want will come up.

Any clues?

Brother Merv Webster.  🤥

did you try another bible book? or does it happen to all bible books?

• 1 month later...
My Roku still works... 

I have Roku on all sets in my house, plus one I have a loaded firestick and Roku from a brother who owns a Computer Store in upstate NY! I should hope those Roku’s continue to work. Else I’ll be out on a boat without a paddle!

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

• 1 month later...