JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting and JW.ORG Websites Merged

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1550 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

8 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

The link in WOL to JW.org is new 

No, it's not new! How come so many here didn't notice this link for years?!

I think it is just a social phenomenon raised up by @Brother Brother that said it was a new thing and all you there, that never noticed it before, just believed it to be true!

I repeat: there is nothing new about the wol - there was already a link in jw.org/publications pointing to it (now"Library") and there was already a link in wol pointing to JW.org for downloads

Example of a cache image of wol from 2014:

image.png.d244565891efa123d0105d5361fd6258.png

Edited by jayrtom

On 10/9/2019 at 9:39 PM, Bro Richard said:

I use Roku, so I wonder how that will be affected. 

I'm wondering also because I use Amazon Fire

13 hours ago, Thesauron said:

They are not third-party. They are produced completely by our organisation. They will not be affected by the sites merging.

Do you have any backing to guarantee this?

Do you have any backing to guarantee this?

The Governing Body has not sent us any such information. On the other hand, it could change after any Wednesday meeting.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Just now, Thesauron said:

The Governing Body has not sent us any such information. On the other hand, it could change after any Wednesday meeting.

Ok. You seemed to be certain when you said "They will not be affected by the sites merging."

So, it's just a supposition like saying they will be affected

Ok. You seemed to be certain when you said "They will not be affected by the sites merging."
So, it's just a supposition like saying they will be affected

Anything could happen, but as far as I have understood, they will not be affected. I have seen no info to that effect. They are no part of tv.jw.org, but only stream the material from the same source as always, using their own interface. Streaming from JW Library will not be affected either, as far as I know. But to be clear, the Governing Body has the right to adjust it at any time.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

All of the JW.ORG and JWBroadcasting merger topics have been...uh...merged...Some WOL related topics are included in the mix

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

16 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

Go watch part 2 of the 2018 AGM 25 minutes in bro lett talks about the merger 

12 hours ago, Intercore said:

Maybe I recall wrong... But wasn't it said in jw.org as the announcement a year ago about jw.org, tv.jw.org and wol.jw.org being merged (not that word was said but we understand now)? 

Here is the official announcement as it appeared on jw.org following last year's AM:

https://www.jw.org/en/whats-new/new-publications-revised-websites-apps/ (last paragraph)

The jw.org website will be redesigned to include the content and features of JW Broadcasting and Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY.

It doesn't use the word "merged", but that the new jw.org would include "the content and features" of both web sites. (That's almost the same wording Brother Lett used at the 2018 AM. https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODPgmEvtAnnMtg/pub-jwb_201901_3_VIDEO at the 23:30 mark.) Since JW Broadcasting is no longer online, I thought it would mean that WOL would go dark too. Or, does this mean something else that I'm not thinking of?

Thank you, Eric.

Governing Body has approved a significant revision of our websites and applications

I think if this word meant merging for 2 of 3 mentioned websites, it would be fair to hope for wol.jw.org being merged. This would be "significant" revision, not only small changes like icons or fonts, what we saw during this year, they're not that important to be announced. 

Samsung Smart TV ONLY question:

Is anyone besides myself having trouble getting video links to work in JW Broadcasting after the merge? For me the links don't work at all. They work just fine on my Samsung phone and Samsung Tablet but not my not so smart TV.  Besides that not all pics show on jw.org pages nor does audio files show such as in workbook or Bible but that was an issue starting a couple months ago. 

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

6 hours ago, rocket said:

Is anyone besides myself having trouble getting video links to work in JW Broadcasting after the merge? For me the links don't work at all. They work just fine on my Samsung phone and Samsung Tablet but not my not so smart TV.  Besides that not all pics show on jw.org pages nor does audio files show such as in workbook or Bible but that was an issue starting a couple months ago. 

Lynn, what links are giving you trouble? We could watch this month's broadcasting and several other videos without problem with a Samsung TV, but it was by going to JW.org > Library > Videos. But I think you mean links somewhere else.

On 10/9/2019 at 11:38 PM, Brother Brother said:

Just Ah-Mazing!!!!!!

It looks very professional.

Great job the many many brothers who have worked on the redesign and reconfigure

Absolutely amazing!! I love the new look too!! 

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25

On 10/10/2019 at 12:08 AM, Brother Brother said:

Little do they know that Jehovah's organisation can learn anything, get anything done, and then by thinking in a theocratic way- do it better

Well said. It's all possible with Jehovah's spirit. Jehovah's organization is simply wonderful!! And it's on the move!! 

As for your eyes, straight ahead they should look, yes, your own beaming eyes should gaze straight in front of you - Prov. 4:25

On 10/10/2019 at 1:57 AM, Brother Brother said:

Subtle changes have been made all year, including icon changes, font adjustments and subject reorganisation.

All in all, the improvements are amazing...

True, the changes have been subtle and gradual. One had to be keen to notice them. The overall result is great. 

As brother Sydlik used to say: "the best is yet to come! “

17 hours ago, carlos said:

Lynn, what links are giving you trouble? We could watch this month's broadcasting and several other videos without problem with a Samsung TV, but it was by going to JW.org > Library > Videos. But I think you mean links somewhere else.

No, I'm talking about the links to videos withing JW Broadcasting. I too go to jw.org/Library/JW Broadcasting. Clicking on the link to the October Program for example, nothing happens. The same for all video links within JW Broadcasting. The links in jw.org do work except some of the pictures do not show and none of the audio files play. The play bar does not even show, for example the Bible or workbook audio.

52 minutes ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

Samsung TV's have different versions of browsers. Some need an update. Some older ones are no longer supported, and no longer work.
A Google search on TV version may shed light.

Just Older emoji3073.png

In the past when there were changes to jw.org or tv.jw.org we had to do a restart back to original software getting rid of updates. This time that didn't work and any updates didn't help. Oddly enough jw.org is the only site we have problems with.

Edited by rocket

5 hours ago, Luigi62 said:

From TV.JW.org? You can still play all in the JW Library app. 

Sorry, Brother Blake but I can not find this option in the JW Library app either. Would you be so kind to make a screen shot  and show me how to play all audio files without downloading them on my tablet. I have Samsung Galaxy. Thanks in advance. ☺️

"Absolute rubbish”

4 hours ago, campanula said:

Would you be so kind to make a screen shot  and show me how to play all audio files without downloading them on my tablet. I have Samsung Galaxy. Thanks in advance. ☺️

You must download them to play all in the JW Library app. 

The other option is to go to the music page on jw.org. Press on the headphones 🎧 and then press play. 

75D4724B-6F70-45C8-8444-AD3563C0B76B.jpeg

B3537BB5-40E6-486D-9DFE-ED5440C2D02E.jpeg

3206D563-2F23-43AC-8D05-0A80D2826ACE.png

Wow, what a nice surprise, going to check for a Broadcast from 3 years back and a  message advising, this video will be directed to JW.ORG!  How beautiful!  Love everything Jehovah does through Jesus, and his F&D S., class.  This organization is truly CLASSY!