JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting and JW.ORG Websites Merged

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1533 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

Oh, I thought he said within 6 months.

Isn't today within six months :D

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Since the Ruke and the Apple TV uses "apps" - the app accesses wherever the content is located and uses its own interface - they are not part of the jw.org website.

There should not be any reason for the Roku and Apple TV apps to be discontinued unless it is costing us (The Organization ... not us as individuals) to have those services available.

I'm sure we will be notified by announcement to the Congregation and/or on the website before anything drastic would happen to these apps.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

10 minutes ago, Old said:

Isn't today within six months :D

I’m talking about from the time of last years annual meeting until now. 12 months.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

7 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

I’m talking about from the time of last years annual meeting until now. 12 months.

Got it, I am not slow like some consider slowness just.................................................................................................................................................:)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Just now, Old said:

Got it, I am not slow like some consider slowness just.................................................................................................................................................:)

:lol:

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

36 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

Oh, I thought he said within 6 months.

I checked the video...

It's under-

Annual Meeting 2018—Talks and Announcements

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODPgmEvtAnnMtg/pub-jwb_201901_3_VIDEO

Go to 23.24 @ 23 minutes 24 seconds and the announcement says (in part)...

"A significant redesign of the jw.org and the jw.library app to unify the design and make it more user friendly."

"Planning and Design work has already begun."

"You should see certain improvements in the next few months""

And then a cryptic comment about "less than 6 months does apply"

My sense is that the changes have been happening under our noses and todays is the major one so far.

merge.jpeg.4d95efe09820c8dcc9d902258b009903.jpeg

Edited by Brother Brother

The Best Life Ever Is Here, and the Very Best Life Ever Is Coming Very Soon.

It was still working for me a few minutes ago

:confused:   I have lost track of which of the many threads about the merger I have commented in and which ones I have not   :confused: 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

25 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

Is ROKU affected if so how...app removed?

My Roku is still accessing JWBROADCAST. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

8 minutes ago, Sheep said:

At the 2018 AM, wasn't it announced that wol.jw.org was also going to be merged into jw.org? Or (more probably) am I getting mixed up?

I believe it was. In due time.

1 hour ago, Old said:

.........................................Really slow? :D

Edited by digital_dreamer

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

Yes, I expect tv.jw.org to disappear completely. It’s only reasonable.

As for how long it will remain as a redirect page, I wouldn’t know.

Additionally, I wouldn’t expect any of the third-party apps, like the Roku, Apple TV, and Amazon Fire TV to be affected.

Edited by digital_dreamer

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

1 hour ago, Brother Brother said:

If you are tech savvy, cant you access the source code and determine what language it's in?

For the basics like HTML, CSS, and Javascript, yeah. But the underlying framework like PHP, Ruby, or other languages is usually server-side and hidden. Since it looks like it's Web 2.0.. I'm assuming it's Ruby on Rails. But I was curious if they used a framework or coded everything from scratch.

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

44 minutes ago, Sheep said:

At the 2018 AM, wasn't it announced that wol.jw.org was also going to be merged into jw.org? Or (more probably) am I getting mixed up?

I checked the video...

It's under-

Annual Meeting 2018—Talks and Announcements

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/VODPgmEvtAnnMtg/pub-jwb_201901_3_VIDEO

Go to 23.24 @ 23 minutes 24 seconds and the announcement says (in part)...

"A significant redesign of the jw.org and the jw.library app to unify the design and make it more user friendly."

"Planning and Design work has already begun."

"You should see certain improvements in the next few months""

And then a cryptic comment about "less than 6 months does apply"

My sense is that the changes have been happening under our noses and todays is the major one so far.

merge.jpeg.4d95efe09820c8dcc9d902258b009903.jpeg

Edited 1 hour ago by Brother Brother

The Best Life Ever Is Here, and the Very Best Life Ever Is Coming Very Soon.