JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower (Study) January 2020

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1583 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

We've always been told that this organization will be active right up to Armageddon.  So don't rely on what the organization has done to lull you into thinking anything conclusive one way or the other.  We will need study material in the new world as well and if magazines are printed right up until Armageddon, then we don't miss a beat at the meetings once Armaggedon has past.  The channel for spiritual food will NEVER stop.  

On a side note:  in other threads we have established that it seems as if Jehovah has favorite months and dates (like October, the number 14 [Nisan 14, 1914] and the number 40 figures into several bible accounts as well. ) With all this in mind - the date October 14, 2020 (20+20=40) seems like a favorable date for either the fall of BTG or Armageddon! haha!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

36 minutes ago, shali said:

We've always been told that this organization will be active right up to Armageddon.  So don't rely on what the organization has done to lull you into thinking anything conclusive one way or the other.  We will need study material in the new world as well and if magazines are printed right up until Armageddon, then we don't miss a beat at the meetings once Armaggedon has past.  The channel for spiritual food will NEVER stop.  

On a side note:  in other threads we have established that it seems as if Jehovah has favorite months and dates (like October, the number 14 [Nisan 14, 1914] and the number 40 figures into several bible accounts as well. ) With all this in mind - the date October 14, 2020 (20+20=40) seems like a favorable date for either the fall of BTG or Armageddon! haha!

You are not alone.. Most of Jw's here who are older than me in the organization think that way too. 

Of course, numerology isn’t something that we engage in, right?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

1914CE was 2,520 years after 607BCE...

2020 is a human number based on the wrong date of the birth of Jesus...

I would like it to be soon, but I don't think our calendar is necessarily in sync with the 'Gregorian' calendar...

But it's good to 'keep on the watch!'

Just Older

1 hour ago, Maʹher-shalʹal-hash-baz said:

1914CE was 2,520 years after 607BCE...

2020 is a human number based on the wrong date of the birth of Jesus...

I would like it to be soon, but I don't think our calendar is necessarily in sync with the 'Gregorian' calendar...

But it's good to 'keep on the watch!'

Just Older emoji3073.png

So is 1914 CE, but yes, good to keep on the watch!

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

18 minutes ago, Luigi62 said:

What is BTG?

Babylon the Great :)

8 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Brigette was just joking. That date of October 14 2020 seems to fit all the requirements. Of course, if we expect it to come on that day, it won't happen, because it comes at a date we don't expect it. :lol:

On 10/11/2019 at 12:32 PM, Thesauron said:

That is why I put the "haha" after my comment, so no one would take it seriously but rather as the joke it was intended to be. 

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

On 8/29/2019 at 2:17 PM, Musky said:

10/20/20!

This might, just might, be a clue emoji52.png

Hmmm Musky my old buddy

does 20/10/20 work just as well? (Since we and many other countries date ourselves with the day first and month second)

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

20 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

Hmmm Musky my old buddy

does 20/10/20 work just as well? (Since we and many other countries date ourselves with the day first and month second)

In math 20/10/20=.1 and you are #1!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Numerology...?????...PLEASEEEEEeeeeeeeee!
Brother Thesauron....perhaps, you over thought that reply.:wave:

Perhaps, but there was a time when some brothers were a bit overly interested in numerology and alike.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”