JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower (Study) January 2020

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1572 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Previously, the digital formats were available to be download three months prior. If this continues into the first week of the November, I think that might mean this will be changed, and the publications will be available two months before from now and on.

Originally, we should be getting February 2020 editions in November 2019. At this point, have to see what happens until November.

I won't mind one bit if the releases are slowed down some.  

Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed.  Then I struggle to remember where, and when, I read, or heard, what.

Was that in this month's magazine?  Or next month's?  Or the magazine we will be using two months from now?

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

4 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I won't mind one bit if the releases are slowed down some.  

Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed.  Then I struggle to remember where, and when, I read, or heard, what.

Was that in this month's magazine?  Or next month's?  Or the magazine we will be using two months from now?

The downside is less time to read, study and meditate on the material before we have to use it in the meetings and ministry...❤️

20 minutes ago, Stee said:

Watchtowers been put up! 😁😄😃

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower-study-january-2020/

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Just now, Friends just call me Ross said:

There is also a 41MB update to the Pure Worship book!!! :D 

Another one? It seems that I have received several...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

There is also a 41MB update to the Pure Worship book!!! :D 

I have it downloaded in audio and cannot tell what is changed, if anything. :D

The last one said September 2018, this one says August 2019. Besides that...

Page 43, paragraph 5 uses the Read scripture Ezekiel 1:6, 10 instead of Ezekiel 1:6, 8.

Page 117, paragraph 13 says "42,360 Israelites" rather than "42,360 Jewish males."

I'd have to think about this for a bit... but maybe in a different topic.

Edited by Sheep

Off topic

How appropriate that one of the anointed reads us the articles about the anointed. :D 

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower-study-january-2020/the-spirit-bears-witness/

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/watchtower-study-january-2020/we-will-go-with-you/

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

On 9/16/2019 at 2:59 AM, Derek1956 said:

The watchtower study will keep our minds on the important things during the great tribulation and the things that come after it,  that is why the study articles are so far in advance, so there is no reason why we should think that this system will go on and on, it does not mean that because we have material to study going into 6 months in advance this system will go on. We have to keep on praying and keeping our faith strong that the God in whom we TRUST will bring His Kingdom sooner than we think it to be, So TRUST in JEHOVAH and His SON JESUS CHRIST to bring the KINGDOM on earth as soon as possible. KEEP YOUR FAITH STRONG MY DEAR BROTHERS AND SISTERS. 

I’ve sort of thought that way. We are taken care of, even as the system is going down. We need to keep our electronic devices updated. Jehovah’s organization will be going full force, but, I don’t know if that includes our site being online. We are being given the means to be set as the world goes into oblivion. Do everything to keep up with that chariot! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

On 10/23/2019 at 7:53 AM, Friends just call me Ross said:

Am I the only one that noticed those are word per word from other articles? I can't remember if it's a book, article, or questions from readers. But I know I've read those two word per word because I was researching how the anointed know they're anointed and those subtitles are identical. Huh 😕

.gnihtyna yas t'nseod ti tuo dnif uoy ,syas yllautca siht tahw ezilaer uoy emit eht yB

21 minutes ago, Nirex said:

Am I the only one that noticed those are word per word from other articles? I can't remember if it's a book, article, or questions from readers. But I know I've read those two word per word because I was researching how the anointed know they're anointed and those subtitles are identical. Huh 😕

Indeed, you may have these articles in mind:

The Spirit Bears Witness With Our Spirit (w16 January pp. 17-21)
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2016045

“We Want to Go With You” (w16 January pp. 22-27)
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2016046

7 hours ago, Nirex said:

I think the 2016 articles are the best ones yet, and so they felt a need to re-publish a slightly edited version of 'em.

Now I think the 2020 articles are the best ones yet.

On 10/26/2019 at 6:04 PM, YukitoMatsuzuki said:

Indeed, you may have these articles in mind:

The Spirit Bears Witness With Our Spirit (w16 January pp. 17-21)
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2016045

“We Want to Go With You” (w16 January pp. 22-27)
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2016046

The picture and nearly the same from the 2 articles in 2016 and the 2 in 2020. It is odd also they’re both January watchtowers?

1 hour ago, Luigi62 said:

The picture and nearly the same from the 2 articles in 2016 and the 2 in 2020. It is odd also they’re both January watchtowers?

The two articles from 2016 and also 2 from twenty corresponds to 4 articles.

Interestingly, there is a four-year difference from 2016 to 2020.

Edited by Immistic

On 10/27/2019 at 3:14 PM, Luezette said:

Yeah right. Lol. But hey...you just never know right? I mean, Jehovah said it's coming soon, and Jesus said to be ready. 

I think Nisan 14 [in a future year] will be a significant date—perhaps the date that the great tribulation will come to an end.

Edited by Immistic

32 minutes ago, Immistic said:

Interestingly, there is a four-year difference from 2016 to 2020.

There has always been a 4 year difference between 2016 and 2020...:whistling: