JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Happiest People Around...

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1647 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Of course we are the happiest people on earth. Isa. 46:10 tells us," From the beginning I foretell the outcome, and from long ago the things that have not yet been done." Then Jehovah tells us what the future holds. Those who don't serve Jehovah have no idea what the future holds. All they have is present conditions with no hope for anything different. 

And I think too that we're very contented which baffles a lot of people. 

Yes, we have wants and needs that may not be fulfilled in this system, yet still we're contented which also causes us happiness because Jesus said that as long as we put his Father first, then all "these things will be added to you." 

What a life! Thanks to Jehovah!!!

12 hours ago, Luezette said:

Because of the conditions in the world (money, crime, immorality, diseases, etc, etc, etc) I say that WE are the happiest people around regardless of the environment we're all living in!!! 

Your comments please. 

Good comments sis. Just look around us and what do we see? A lot of unhappy people. Wait  until next year. People will  not be happy when they go against one another when people taking sides of coming  election and the results of it too. While this is going on we can rejoice because we have the truth and we know that Jesus our king will reign over the earth soon. Hence, our convention next year is "Always Rejoice", while the people will not rejoice.

When I was teaching in Maine, for some time, I was allowed to keep a Bible in my desk, "in case anyone had a Bible question." At some point, that policy changed. In a math class, a student once asked in a negative tone: "Jehovah's Witness! WHAT have you witnessed?" My answer: "I have observed that all the Bible prophecies up til now have been fulfilled as written, So I can correctly conclude that the rest of the Bible prophecies will be fulfilled."  Another time a student said, "As Jehovah's Witnesses, you have nothing to worry about. " I think he summed it up well. Certainly, we have the daily challenges that all face, but we know Jehovah's future plans. That is one of the things that keeps us content and renews our faith and joy.  

11 hours ago, JennyM said:

I learned how to be content when I started to serve Jehovah.. 

Less wants and filled needs. 

And that's great!! 

A few of my needs, as I'm sure is the same for the majority of us are needing, not purely good health but perfect health. I get mentally sick when and if I concentrate on my illnesses so I try not to. It makes my bipolar worse, at least that seems to me in that I get more depressed. So I try not to. 

Wants? Let's see...not much actually because I've literally never had much in the first place. So I wouldn't know how to label them. 

No wait...Yep, I want perfect health as much as or need it. 

No wait...again, lol. I want my own home, a husband (There. I said it). Finally. I admit it. And more children (I'm at an age where I can't anymore, at least according to medical journals). You should see me at the store and I'm passing children's clothing. I start with, in my mind "I want one!"

Edited by Luezette

I believe too that some in the world are jealous of us. Seriously! 

Maybe it's my imagination or perhaps I'm seeing things, but I do declare that there have been times when while riding public transportation I see people rolling their eyes at me! Seriously. Is it because its obvious who I'm representing? (They know from literature in my hand). I think not completely because even while not in service (wearing pants) they still cut their eyes at me). Are they crazy? (Wait before you answer because here in NYC we're known to have a lot of mentally ill riding public transportation). Or are they just jealous because though we too (JWs) are affected by the same conditions and problems as everyone else, we have the secret to not allow it to consume us. 

But really it's actually, literally no secret because Jehovah isn't hiding it. It's the Kingdom good news!! So all they have to do is accept a Bible study, and all their problems, well, won't be over (maybe a couple, a few, depending on what the problem(s) is), will be able to be dealt with. 

Oh well. You can take a horse to the water, but you can't make him drink it. 

Edited by Luezette

On 10/27/2019 at 9:53 PM, Doug said:

Agreed.  Especially when it comes to the holidays.  I'm sure many, or most, would rather get off that hamster wheel.

You're right. 

One particular year during the Christmas shopping season, and I'm walking home I heard a woman behind me said to another woman that she's tired of Christmas and all the shopping.

My suspicion is maybe that's why merchants are finding that the enthusiasm of holiday shoppers are dwindling, and that's probably what's behind the increased gimmicks to draw them in. 

Edited by Luezette

I like the following illustration :

2 families live in a very damaged apartment building. Imagine the squalor, the smell, the water leaks, horrible day to day survival in this infamous location. 

But one family is happy, the other is in despair. Why the difference? 

Because the happy family has received the notice that a brand new apartment has been prepared for them and they will move soon.

We are moving soon... Paradise is near. 

There are lots of happy people around us. Happiness according to many mostly flow from contentment with the things you have and some have learned to be content and happy in today's wicked world. But what makes us (jehovah's witnesses) really happy and joyful is the drive and purpose that moves us. The happiness from loving Jehovah, approved by him and being a fellow worker gives us the insurmountable happiness and Joy. We have a goal, one that we cherish and makes us jump out of bed early in the morning, 'Eternity under blissful conditions'. This future hope is a gift and a unique identity of True Christians. Many however, don't have this....