JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcast December 2019

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1577 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Interesting that the first couple was from the Solomon Islands.  That is one of the quaking-est locations on this entire planet.  My earthquake app shows quakes there all the time.  In fact, there was just a 5.5 there four hours ago.  Fairly deep and off land.

Screenshot_20191216_154909.thumb.jpg.e543e59086ea0ac876e92d18a05cbc89.jpg

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Didn't know where Solomon Islands is. Apparently situated within the Ring of Fire that includes Indonesia, Philippines etc. 

sbau.gif

Wow, so many countries! Didn't know that also. No wonder so many quakes in Kiwi Land. So same as in Japan,  Eastern parts of North & South America. About 90% of the world's earthquakes and about 81% of the world's largest earthquakes occur along the Ring of Fire. Fortunately this country where I hail from, narrowly escapes that deadly volcanic belt. The trade off is poor soil sans the volcanic debris. We do feel the tremors from a neighbouring country. Only recently was there a small earthquake in the Eastern part of the country. 

310px-EQs_1900-2013_worldseis.png

On 12/9/2019 at 10:21 AM, Sepie93 said:

But Jehovah knows what we need. And he is giving us a whole Gilead Graduation program to enjoy!
(That doesn't even fit under a tree.. So, it's so much better than the world's holidays in many waysemoji23.png)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

Who would have fathom long time ago, we would actually listen to the Gilead Graudation program!! To be at the same table as the graduates (virtually and months later) but to hear all the faith strengthening discourse- WOW!!! 

I loved all the children telling their experiences in the Trans-Carpathian region.

Some of our younger ones don't like to go into territory where their personal acquaintances know them.  In this territory, everybody knows them all of the time.  How wonderful that they wan to look nice for God and Christ.

Because I assist a Gilead sister on a study I have learned much from her, what a privilege. Also learned that Gilead students are now from Special Pioneers, Bethelites and the like. Will be invited by the brothers as opposed to applying for it. And what an educational privilege they get. I'm so grateful I can learn from her. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Part 3 of the broadcast should be up today.  This has been a full month of video blessings.  And the Annual Meeting video will start next month...❤️

https://apps.jw.org/TRGCHlZRQVNYVrXF?output=html&txtCMSLang=E&pub=jwb&issue=201912&langwritten=E

Should be up in a few hours

Just 39 mins. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

From meltvalue.com, regarding Brother Sanderson's part at the end.

Calculation 1: Value of silver metal
This calculation determines the value of silver metal based on the weight, purity, and bid price for silver metal.

Weight of silver
110,100 oz (t) (or 100 talents, 100 x 1,101 oz (t) )
Silver purity

99.9% pure silver
Silver price per troy ounce (oz t)
   USD
Live Price
Value of silver metal
$1,800,000.00

USDShow calculations 

* Unit weight conversions
1 avoirdupois ounce (oz) = 28.349523125 g    1 baht = 15.244 g    1 carat (ct) = 0.2 g
1 grain = 0.06479891 g    1 kilogram (kg) = 1000 g    1 masha = 0.97 g
1 milligram (mg) = 0.001 g    1 pennyweight (dwt) = 1.55517384 g    1 pound (lb) = 453.59237 g
1 ratti = 0.1215 g    1 tael (China - Treasury standard) = 37.5 g    1 tael (Hong Kong) = 37.7993638 g
1 tola (India) = 11.6638038 g    1 tola (Pakistan) = 12.5 g    1 tonne (t) = 1000 kg
1 ton (short) = 907.18474 kg    1 ton (long) = 1016.047 kg    1 troy ounce (oz t) = 31.1034768 g
Unit weight 1     Unit weight 2     How many gram (g) in a troy ounce (oz t) 

Edited by AH173

description

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

during the first 5 mins, the camera is subtly rocking back and forth. 😱

the background behind brother Losch is moving about and it's legitimately giving me motion sickness. i had to close my eyes and just listen for the beginning of this new video (part 3)

On 12/30/2019 at 1:19 PM, Brandon said:

during the first 5 mins, the camera is subtly rocking back and forth. 😱

the background behind brother Losch is moving about and it's legitimately giving me motion sickness. i had to close my eyes and just listen for the beginning of this new video (part 3)

I noticed the curtain behind Brother Lösch moving too, but it didn't bother me at all. It must be just air current in the auditorium, and can be visible at times in all Gilead Graduations and Annual Meetings. But there's nothing at all wrong with just listening to the talk.

I never noticed the camera rocking though, even after looking at it again. I checked at several points during Brother Lösch's talk, but didn't see anything. Are you sure it's not just the curtain that's moving more frequently in the first five minutes? The curtain seems to be a little more stable after five minutes... (?)