JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcast December 2019

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1575 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

In French, the sentence (about bleating sheep) is : 

Nous n'avons encore réussi à empêcher la plupart des frères et soeurs de rendre gloire aux membres du Collège Central. Mais on va continuer d'essayer.

Meaning : 

We have not yet been able to stop most of the brothers and sisters from giving glory to the members of Central College. But we'll keep trying.

I love this humble talk.

Yeah, I got that part. But what about closing the mouths...?

The brothers are doing their best not to turn into superstars. They are servants, and do not wish celebrity status. There have been a number of wt articles dealing with this.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

19 hours ago, Sheep said:

I'm still trying to figure out what Brother Herd meant when he said (according to @WilliamChew's transcript above):

(Page 16, last two paragraphs)

Is the Governing Body trying to close our mouths? I don't think that's what he meant. So, what was it?

The impression that I had after watching the broadcast was that people fall all over themselves lavishing thanks and praise onto the governing body whenever they talk to one of them.  Brother Herd said that while it's fine and appropriate to thank a governing body member for all the work they do, the praise and honor really belongs to Jehovah and Jesus.  The men on the governing body are just men that follow the direction of Jehovah's spirit.  You would have done just as well if you were sitting in their seat.  You would follow Jehovah's direction.

One of the best talks I've ever heard brother Herd deliver.  Much better than his turns at the monthly broadcast.  

12 hours ago, Dages said:

In French, the sentence (about bleating sheep) is : 

Nous n'avons encore réussi à empêcher la plupart des frères et soeurs de rendre gloire aux membres du Collège Central. Mais on va continuer d'essayer.

Meaning : 

We have not yet been able to stop most of the brothers and sisters from giving glory to the members of Central College. But we'll keep trying.

I love this humble talk.

Ah! Of course! (Now, why didn't I see that?) The GB isn't trying to shut us up from preaching the good news, which is what I was thinking, but to shut us up from giving them glory! (Okay, now I feel really dumb.)

Interesting how the French translation is a bit more clear on that point. Merci, David, d'avoir porté cela à mon attention!

Edited by Sheep

7 hours ago, Sheep said:

Ah! Of course! (Now, why didn't I see that?) The GB isn't trying to shut us up from preaching the good news, which is what I was thinking, but to shut us up from giving them glory! (Okay, now I feel really dumb.)

Interesting how the French translation is a bit more clear on that point. Merci, David, d'avoir porté cela à mon attention!

You're welcome bro. 👌

7 hours ago, jwhess said:

Do we know, suppose or guess that the next installment (Gilead Part 2) will be tomorrow?  Hope so.

I hope so too, but it may be spread evenly over the month Dec 16th and Part 3 Dec 23rd.  What a blessing to end, what might be, the penultimate decade of the last-of-the-last days. 🙏

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

9 hours ago, jwhess said:

Do we know, suppose or guess that the next installment (Gilead Part 2) will be tomorrow?  Hope so.

This video is out meaning part 2 should be out next week.

Video: Theocratic Construction—“Taste and See”:

https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_periodical/63/jwb_E_201912_02_r720P.mp4

https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_periodical/f0/jwb_E_201912_02_r480P.mp4

https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_periodical/3b/jwb_E_201912_02_r360P.mp4

https://download-a.akamaihd.net/files/media_periodical/05/jwb_E_201912_02_r240P.mp4

13 minutes ago, The German said:

It looks like this :

Part 2 16th

Patrick LaFranca 23rd

Part 3 30th

Wow, its a busy final month of the decade.  The world's last 10 years has decayed, but Jehovah's organisation has gone from Silver to Gold. 💛

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

I love the idea that while the world is celebrating their holidays, we are feasting at a spiritual banquet this month.

For me personally, I really feel the pressure of this month. Somehow I'm very tired. And a lot of brothers and sisters are.
But Jehovah knows what we need. And he is giving us a whole Gilead Graduation program to enjoy!
(That doesn't even fit under a tree.. So, it's so much better than the world's holidays in many ways)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Sepie93 said:

For me personally, I really feel the pressure of this month. Somehow I'm very tired. And a lot of brothers and sisters are.
But Jehovah knows what we need. 

I've been experiencing the same thing. Many of us are so tired of this system, weary. And we feel, especially after the recent 'Love' assembly. We all need to be rescued. We pray to Jah to be rescued. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

On 12/6/2019 at 2:46 AM, Sheep said:

Ah! Of course! (Now, why didn't I see that?) The GB isn't trying to shut us up from preaching the good news, which is what I was thinking, but to shut us up from giving them glory!

I think the point's clear now, but just the same, you might find the Italian translation interesting:

State attenti però a non glorificare gli uomini ma Dio. A noi membri del Corpo Direttivo vengono attribuiti meriti che non abbiamo. Tutto dipende da Geova e da Gesù, e noi vorremmo che gli oltre 8 milioni di fratelli in tutto il mondo comprendessero questo punto. Non è facile ma continueremo a provarci.

Retranslated:

Be careful not to glorify men but God. We members of the Governing Body are given credit that we don’t deserve. Everything depends on Jehovah and Jesus, and we’d like the more than 8 million brothers around the world to understand this point. It’s not easy but we’ll continue to work on it.

Use your ears to gain understanding and your tongue to heal. -w13 5/15 p. 22

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

Hhmm... No song in this one... (or, did I miss it?)

Yes. You're right... no song this time... Winderful experiences anyway.

I wonder what the tererè drink is made of...

Update: I found this about that drink (on Wikipedia):

"Tereré or Terere (of Guaraní origin[1]) is an infusion of yerba mate (botanical name Ilex paraguariensis), similar to mate but prepared with cold water and ice rather than with hot water,[2] and in a slightly larger vessel. It is originally from PARAGUAY,[3] and is found also in northeastern Argentina and southern and western Brazil. The Guaraní people call this infusion ka'ay,[4] where ka'a means herb and y means water....

Some of the more popular juices and fruits to use in tereré are lime, orange, lemon, mango, peach, or grapefruit. Some of the more popular herbs to use in tereré are peppermint, boldo, lemongrass, or lemon verbena. Of course, any herb or juice could be added, even beer and lime cola have their supporters.[8]"

Hmmm...sounds very...delicious!  :)

Edited by Daniela

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.”