JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcast December 2019

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1577 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Here is one answer:  It is specially for mobile phone use.

The 3GP video container format was developed with the intention to save on disk space, bandwidth, and data usage, which is why they're often seen created from, and transferred between, mobile devices.

3GP is the required, standard format for media files sent using Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) and Multimedia Broadcast Multicast Services (MBMS).

5 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Here is one answer:  It is specially for mobile phone use.

The 3GP video container format was developed with the intention to save on disk space, bandwidth, and data usage, which is why they're often seen created from, and transferred between, mobile devices.

3GP is the required, standard format for media files sent using Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) and Multimedia Broadcast Multicast Services (MBMS).

Thanks.  I downloaded it but the picture quality was so poor I couldn't watch.  Went back to 720MP4.  We have unlimited data and my tablet's  SD card is really spacious. :D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 minute ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Thanks.  I downloaded it but the picture quality was so poor I couldn't watch.  Went back to 720MP4.  We have unlimited data and my tablet's  SD card is really spacious. :D

Looks better on a small cell phone...😎

15 hours ago, Susan Cook said:

Brother Cothan’s ( hope I got the spelling correct ) use of visual aids, and his talks in general, are always such treat.

Sr. Sue, I got this information from the Watchtower report on the 138th Gilead Graduation.  It has the spelling of Br. Cauthon's name.  I wondered also.

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/activities/events/bible-school-of-gilead-class-138/

That was the theme developed by James Cauthon, an instructor in the Theocratic Schools Department.

19 hours ago, jwhess said:

Sr. Sue, I got this information from the Watchtower report on the 138th Gilead Graduation.  It has the spelling of Br. Cauthon's name.  I wondered also.

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/activities/events/bible-school-of-gilead-class-138/

That was the theme developed by James Cauthon, an instructor in the Theocratic Schools Department.

I always feel that he always provides the best talk.

Shaken but not forsaken

You can roll with change or be rolled over by it.

It our disposition that matters, not our position.

Small tasks reveal a big heart.

We are specially vulnerable if we define ourselves by our own natural skills and qualities or what others think of us, by our assignment or by our position. It is a deceptive filter that cause us to loose sight of who we are. It is like thinking: I am what I do or I am what others think of me

Change is just a scene not an entire movie. Just a chapter, not the book

So  many good quotes. I really love him :)

1 hour ago, Krusso said:

I always feel that he always provides the best talk.

Shaken but not forsaken

You can roll with change or be rolled over by it.

It our disposition that matters, not our position.

Small tasks reveal a big heart.

We are specially vulnerable if we define ourselves by our own natural skills and qualities or what others think of us, by our assignment or by our position. It is a deceptive filter that cause us to loose sight of who we are. It is like thinking: I am what I do or I am what others think of me

Change is just a scene not an entire movie. Just a chapter, not the book

So  many good quotes. I really love him :)

He's one of my very favorites, as well.  He did the "Sympathetic Strings" talk a couple of years ago.. it was too wonderful! ❤️ 

3 hours ago, Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual said:

To non-believers, the example of studying bacteria and that it is not beneficial may cause some misunderstanding..

The dead language example was good.

Many lives have been saved due to studies of bacteria.

Am I being too serious? I guess so! 

Note Bro Sanderson's quote: "Some study bacteria or insects, which is wonderful if you like insects. It may increase knowledge but it doesn't necessarily help anyone."

4 hours ago, Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual said:

To non-believers, the example of studying bacteria and that it is not beneficial may cause some misunderstanding..

The dead language example was good.

Many lives have been saved due to studies of bacteria.

Am I being too serious? I guess so! 

Misquoting people causes misunderstandings, too. 😊

I'm still trying to figure out what Brother Herd meant when he said (according to @WilliamChew's transcript above):

The Governing Body gets credit that we don’t deserve.

It belongs to Jehovah and Jesus, and we haven’t been able to close the mouths of over eight million bleating sheep.

(Page 16, last two paragraphs)

Is the Governing Body trying to close our mouths? I don't think that's what he meant. So, what was it?

:oops: I missed part of that. Here's how the whole quote goes:

The Governing Body gets credit that we don’t deserve.

It belongs to Jehovah and Jesus, and we haven’t been able to close the mouths of over eight million bleating sheep.

But we will keep trying.

Now I'm more confused. The Governing Body will keep trying... what? Close the mouths of us 8 million sheep? I still think I'm missing something. :shrugs:

I liked this part in the first talk

But remember that the brothers and sisters that you’re working with, the people that you’re trying to help, are wonderful people, and they will work with you, and they will support you.

🥰

Edited by Dages

12 hours ago, Sheep said:

:oops: I missed part of that. Here's how the whole quote goes:

Now I'm more confused. The Governing Body will keep trying... what? Close the mouths of us 8 million sheep? I still think I'm missing something. :shrugs:

The German translation says:

Jehova und Jesus haben es verdient und das werden wir auch weiterhin betonen.

Auch wenn es bei den über acht Millionen blökenden Schäfchen schon eine Herausforderung ist.

Retranslated into Englisch:

Jehovah and Jesus deserve it and we will continue to emphasize that.

Even if it's over eight million bleating sheep already a challenge.