JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Coronavirus: How Jehovah Witness predicted the source of the outbreak since 2005

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1502 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

5 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

I was trying to gently suggest to you that you could have been a bit kinder to your Sister.

I am not trying to be rude. 

Oh no! You must have misunderstood my comments. I never intended to make fun or be mean to her. I was only trying to bring a point out for her.

I’m trying to edit my post but unfortunately it won’t let me. Network issues probably 

Edited by Mickey

14 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Are u serious or you kidding me. I mean are u still holding on to the mosaic law

Gen 9:3 says otherwise. Also check 1cor 10:25. Matt 3:4 John the Baptist ate locust

It’s a principle of the Law, not holding on to the Mosaic Law. 
I understood what Jenny had in mind. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

44 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Are u serious or you kidding me. I mean are u still holding on to the mosaic law

Gen 9:3 says otherwise. Also check 1cor 10:25. Matt 3:4 John the Baptist ate locust

Locust is clean... I need to do more research on  that... but as of me, I would stick to what people commonly eat not to wild animals.... 

The mosaic law talked about quarantine and that still important until today... The properly disposal of human waste in that law is still applicable today... 

@JennyM all scriptures is inspired and the principle of the law still applies today. However some laws like clean and unclean animals no longer apply anymore. This is quite different from quarantine. I do understand you very well. But remember do not use your strong conscience to judge others. Brothers and sisters in different countries eat animals that you may have never thought of eating. 

Bottom line all meats are clean before Jehovah 😋😁

I wonder if the FDS knows (or has reports) of any of our brothers and sisters in Wuhan who've died from the coronavirus.

The source is said to be "wet markets" where all manner of animals, birds and insects (gross!) are for sale for human consumption.  

On 2/21/2020 at 9:09 AM, JennyM said:

I thought some in the mosaic law is still applicable today. 

The whole law has been done away with and is not binding on Christians. Christians are under the law of the Christ, not the law of Moses.

Generally speaking, if a one of the old covenant laws has been repeated in the Christian Greek scriptures, then it is still applicable - not because it was in the old law, but because it exists in the new covenant today. The law of the Christ contains more principles than it does explicit lists of do this don't do that. 

So I can have bacon and shrimp with a clean conscience today, and thank God for that :) as these would be forbidden in the old law.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

7 hours ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

The whole law has been done away with and is not binding on Christians. Christians are under the law of the Christ, not the law of Moses.

Generally speaking, if a one of the old covenant laws has been repeated in the Christian Greek scriptures, then it is still applicable - not because it was in the old law, but because it exists in the new covenant today. The law of the Christ contains more principles than it does explicit lists of do this don't do that. 

So I can have bacon and shrimp with a clean conscience today, and thank God for that :) as these would be forbidden in the old law.

Pigs are ok I know.. But my common sense told me not to eat bats.. Bats are forbidden in  mosaic law. 

it is not wrong to eat animals that are considered exotic like snakes, bats since we are no longer under the Mosaic law.

The existence of a market that sells wild animals is not only in Wuhan China. Indonesia also has a similar market called Tomohon whose existence is well known in several countries.

Among the animals for sale are dogs, mice, pythons and bats.

Even on Saturdays or Sundays, animals for sale will be more diverse than usual, for example cat meat, pythons, and black monkeys.

Many people here often eat bats and there have never been cases of disease.

it's just that wild animals that are sold at Tomohon Market are also not the result of long-breeding in cages. not all wild animals, including bats, are sold every day. Because, catching bats is a seasonal thing.

And since Indonesia is a tropical country with blazing sun for most of the year it is difficult for a virus or other disease to mutate so that it can infect humans here.

2017071919_juli_173.jpg

13 hours ago, JennyM said:

Pigs are ok I know.. But my common sense told me not to eat bats.. Bats are forbidden in  mosaic law. 

I understand. There is no food forbidden for a Christian now though, not that I can think of, as long as it doesn't contain any blood (or rather, has been bled properly).

My common sense, influenced by my North American culture, keeps me from considering bats also. Same with rats, mice, etc.... yuck! I would have to be VERY hungry and starving before I gave it some consideration.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

4 hours ago, Dages said:

Snails and frogs are fine, though

Some edible frogs , yes... same with snails.  

5 hours ago, tuntun said:

Among the animals for sale are dogs, mice, pythons and bats.

humans here.

When you roast dogs and bats, they smile at you.. I can't eat something that smiling at me. 

35 minutes ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

I understand. There is no food forbidden for a Christian now though, not that I can think of, as long as it doesn't contain any blood (or rather, has been bled properly).

I have eaten some insects but I couldn't eat them now. they look scary. 

https://twitter.com/i/redirect?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fi%2Ftopics%2Fnews%2Fe-797394453%3Fcn%3DZmxleGlibGVfcmVjc18y%26refsrc%3Demail&t=1+1582034073023&cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjc18y&sig=2482b512768922224949ba84d5119bdc81f937a0&iid=5c5f902dd3b146e1bff77d5cdf7b3018&uid=353336732&nid=244+272830464

Has anyone seen this Awake article. This link only shows the Picture of our  awake and I was wondering if you guys could get the text for this awake for us all to read. And by the way it was December 22 2005 awake.

Edited by Buddy

23 hours ago, JennyM said:

When you roast dogs and bats, they smile at you.. I can't eat something that smiling at me. 

What I'm saying is that the wild animal market is not unique only in Wuhan.

But there are in various parts of the world. It's just a way of breeding that is not hygienic, direct physical contact with these animals cause an outbreak occurs.

Any meat if cooked or fried at high temperature will destroy all living organisms in the meat.

I myself have never eaten food like that. But many Chinese farmers choose to leave their fields for selling meat from wild animal because it is far more profitable, especially because of the great interest of mainly foreigners to enjoy that exotic Chinese food.

Have you seen the movie 'Contagion' which was release at 2011? it will tell you why the outbreak could happen.

092e58487c8245bcc30a04f007fa7cccb6a467314a336fc5d50feac745ed3f4f_1.jpg

On 2/22/2020 at 2:56 AM, Barbllm said:

I wonder if the FDS knows (or has reports) of any of our brothers and sisters in Wuhan who've died from the coronavirus.

The source is said to be "wet markets" where all manner of animals, birds and insects (gross!) are for sale for human consumption.  

Just watching a documentary on all of this - they have concluded that bats started it, based on genetics, but that does not mean they were eating the bats (although there are reports they do in some cases) - but rather it's been transferred to an intermediary animal that was at the wet markets (It looks like an armadillo) ... and then they said that eating them was not necessarily the means of infection that merely handling them could be the mode of tranferrence.  But in either case, it's about hygiene ... it was lacking.

https://youtu.be/ycrqXJYf1SU

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Just now, Stormswift said:

Just watching a documentary on all of this - they have concluded that bats started it, based on genetics, but that does not mean they were eating the bats (although there are reports they do in some cases) - but rather it's been transferred to an intermediary animal that was at the wet markets (It looks like an armadillo) ... and then they said that eating them was not necessarily the means of infection that merely handling them could be the mode of tranferrence.  But in either case, it's about hygiene ... it was lacking.

I wonder if that's a pangolin.