JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Coronavirus: How Jehovah Witness predicted the source of the outbreak since 2005

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1502 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

It was actually the 2003 medical journal 'Vaccine' that we quoted in that issue. They predicted it. But, it's still nice to get notice :D

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Sounds like:

accurate and convincing.jpg

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I agree, the only thing that can be achieved by posting these charts that project figures is to make people panic.  News agencies rarely verify their figures and even they cannot necessarily be TRUSTED.  Nothing reliable is coming out of China from anyone including the government agencies.  And I am wary of any experts telling me about its so called origins.  Bottom line its best to keep positive pray HARD for the brothers ( yes we have many brothers and sisters in China) and see how things pan out (no pun intended).

I personally don't jump on this kind of things the same way.. .we're not doing predictions in our magazines. It is just a coincidence as other things are not being predicted. The bible predictions are the ones that matter. We don't need this journals to enlighten us because we already know what's coming...

38 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

I personally don't jump on this kind of things the same way.. .we're not doing predictions in our magazines. It is just a coincidence as other things are not being predicted. The bible predictions are the ones that matter. We don't need this journals to enlighten us because we already know what's coming...

Exactly my thoughts on this Brother Joao.
Jesus indeed prophesied that at the conclusion of the system of things, there would be prestilences. (Luke 21:11) But we (our organisation) don't do predictions like these.
Our magazine just quoted another magazine... 

1 hour ago, jayrtom said:

Same idea. Like the article about the smartphone from 1920's... coincidence :D 

3 hours ago, Dages said:

Same idea. Like the article about the smartphone from 1920's... coincidence :D 

I know that sometimes it's hard to provide link to references, but if you have one, I would like to see one as this intrigued me.

Only if you can, no pressure...:D

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

25 minutes ago, New World Explorer said:

Amazing indeed, big thank you for providing reference.

It would be cool to have pdf version of that "Golden Age"

Found it

https://archive.org/details/1922TheGoldenAgeMagazine/page/n267/mode/2up/search/phonograph

9 hours ago, jayrtom said:

Jehovah can foretell the future and he can use the magazine of his organization.  Quoting from expert is not that bad.  Jehovah used Cyrus to destroy Jerusalem in 607 BCE.. He can also do the same... He can use Vaccine journal to quote and predict the future based on observation.. Most of Chinese eat wild animals that forbid by the bible so most likely the next pandemic will be coming from them. 

Well, it’s not called Awake! for nothing!

Jehovah’s people, and in particular, the Faithful and Discreet Slave, have kept awake to the significance of the times. Leave it to the spirit-directed slave to extract timely information that a comes off like a prediction, only because they understand and appreciate Bible prophecy and their role as watchmen, feeding God’s humble sheep and keeping them alert.

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

On 2/15/2020 at 2:17 AM, JennyM said:

Jehovah can foretell the future and he can use the magazine of his organization.  Quoting from expert is not that bad.  Jehovah used Cyrus to destroy Jerusalem in 607 BCE.. He can also do the same... He can use Vaccine journal to quote and predict the future based on observation.. Most of Chinese eat wild animals that forbid by the bible so most likely the next pandemic will be coming from them. 

Animals forbidden in the bible? Last i checked I didn’t find that statement there. 😆 sorry for derailing. But i’m really interested 

4 hours ago, Mickey said:

Animals forbidden in the bible? Last i checked I didn’t find that statement there. 😆 sorry for derailing. But i’m really interested 

You may eat any clean bird. 12 But you must not eat these: the eagle, the osprey, the black vulture,+ 13 the red kite, the black kite, every kind of glede, 14 every kind of raven, 15 the ostrich, the owl, the gull, every kind of falcon, 16 the little owl, the long-eared owl, the swan, 17 the pelican, the vulture, the cormorant, 18 the stork, every kind of heron, the hoopoe, and the bat. 19  Deuteronomy 14: 11-19... 

But chinese eat bat.. and I heard that it has corona virus. 

1 hour ago, JennyM said:

You may eat any clean bird. 12 But you must not eat these: the eagle, the osprey, the black vulture,+ 13 the red kite, the black kite, every kind of glede, 14 every kind of raven, 15 the ostrich, the owl, the gull, every kind of falcon, 16 the little owl, the long-eared owl, the swan, 17 the pelican, the vulture, the cormorant, 18 the stork, every kind of heron, the hoopoe, and the bat. 19  Deuteronomy 14: 11-19... 

But chinese eat bat.. and I heard that it has corona virus. 

Are u serious or you kidding me. I mean are u still holding on to the mosaic law

Gen 9:3 says otherwise. Also check 1cor 10:25. Matt 3:4 John the Baptist ate locust

4 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Are u serious or you kidding me. I mean are u still holding on to the mosaic law

Gen 9:3 says otherwise. Also check 1cor 10:25. Matt 3:4 John the Baptist ate locust

Kindness and respect are hallmarks of the new Christian personality that we all are striving for...