JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Is 5G network really bad?

There is a lot of controversy here in the U.S. as there are fears about how 5G produces much strong radiation and that 5G will apparently require thousands of new wireless antennas in large cities and smaller towns pumping out higher frequencies/stronger radiation. It is true that 5G will have higher frequencies/stronger radiation, for example, 3G and 4G use between 1-5 gigahertz frequency whereas 5G may use between 24-90 gigahertz frequency. That is quite a difference. So when we read this information, there appears to be valid reasons to be concerned. 

However, the reasons some scientists are not so concerned is because of this issue. There are 2 categories of "RFR"(RadioFrequency Radiation):

• Ionizing Radiation: This includes UV, visible light, infrared, and also such things like power lines, FM radio, Wi-Fi. These frequencies do not have the power to break apart chemical bonds. 
  • Non-ionizing Radiation: These are frequencies like X-rays and Gamma rays, which are ionizing and can break apart chemical bonds

So some scientists are saying that the public is being confused by using the term "radiation" which conveys to most people damage to skin, tissue, cells, DNA and that people need to be educated so that they understand that the 5G radiation is "Non-ionizing", similar to WiFi and visible light. So even if 5G produces higher doses of radiation, they say it doesn't matter because it is Non-ionizing. The majority of studies show that Non-ionizing radiation doesn't have a serious biological effect on humans.

The problem is that there is still much to learn about Non-ionizing radiation, similar to how scientists are still learning about Covid-19. For example, initially scientists said that Covid-19 cannot be transmitted via "air". But now there is debate as there appears to be some evidence indicating that it could be transmitted by air. It is interesting that now the CDC is recommending "masks". Some scientists say that there is not enough evidence to conclude that this virus can be transmitted by air, but other scientists are saying that gathering evidence could take years!

I mention this because it may be similar to the 5G issue in that there needs to be more evidence however the evidence needed could take years. But instead of waiting, the commercial world wants to push this out as soon as possible for the many profitable benefits that can come from having a much stronger network. But could 5G have some negative biological effects? Possibly, but likely people all over the world will be using 5G before there is any conclusive evidence. 

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

On 4/5/2020 at 11:40 PM, Beggar for the Spirit said:
  • Ionizing Radiation: This includes UV, visible light, infrared, and also such things like power lines, FM radio, Wi-Fi. These frequencies do not have the power to break apart chemical bonds. 
  • Non-ionizing Radiation: These are frequencies like X-rays and Gamma rays, which are ionizing and can break apart chemical bonds

Thanks for the explanation. It's educative. I think you may have swaped the definations and examples though; ionizing for non-ionizing and non-ionizing for ionizing. Just my observation. In any case, irespective of the cause, the pandemic further helps to confirm the reliability of bible prophecies about signs of "the last days"

2 hours ago, BEL said:

Thanks for the explanation. It's educative. I think you may have swaped the definations and examples though; ionizing for non-ionizing and non-ionizing for ionizing. Just my observation. In any case, irespective of the cause, the pandemic further helps to confirm the reliability of bible prophecies about signs of "the last days"

Hi Elias, 

Glad you joined us here on JWtalk. And thank you for noticing my mistake, yes I accidentally swapped the definitions, that is because my brain is backwards. :facepalmpo2:

So I will add a nice visual to try and make up for my mistake. :)

image.png.277df698f682a79edf92428be87b3bca.png

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

I remember back before cell phones. People clammored about high-voltage transmission lines and how hazardous they were. That even placing them away from where people lived they would kill animals, birds and plantlife. ... Now, with many such lines in existence, it is common to see them being used as perches for wild birds, casting shadows for cows to stand under and stretching through farmland and wooded areas without damage to the birds, animals and plants.

Then, when microwave ovens became "the thing" .... well, they were going to cause all sorts of deformities due to eating food that had been "irradiated". Of course, the food is not really irradiated - and the foretold problems never happened.

Along came cell phones - Ohhh ... the evils these would bring were endless. Brain cancer, birth defects, food being unsafe inside refrigerators because the cell phone waves would cook it, cooking people as they drove down the road and many more I cannot remember - none of which became the terrors people bemoaned.

With each new innovation in cell phone technology we hear it again. 2G, 3G, 4G .... and now,  all the gloom-and-doom that was forecast for the other incarnations are now bestowed upon 5G

Are there dangers? I'm sure there are. But, after the same claims being made with each advancement over the years never coming to fruition - what are we to believe?

I believe that Jehovah has the answer and we should not let ourselves be pulled into the fearmongering of this old system - it can detract us from the more important things.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~