JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Court Ordered to Free Dennis Christensen

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1342 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Jehovah will keep Br. Christensen strong and courageous. As one sister that's very dear to my heart put it so well: "He (Dennis) knows that he is having a major role in the outworking of Jehovah’s purpose for these last days. It has to be (kind of thrilling) for him and for the brothers in Russia to understand the significance of what Jehovah is allowing them to go through and why he is allowing it. This knowledge must really build their faith exponentially. To think about the demonstration of Jehovah’s power that is imminent and the revealing, in a new way, of what His name means, that Jehovah is about to display....WOW!! It’s too marvelous to comprehend!"💫

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/#newsAlerts                                                                                                          *UPDATE | Russian Prosecutor Halts Early Release of Brother Christensen*

On June 26, 2020, the Lgov prison authorities illegally placed Brother Dennis Christensen in a cell of a special punishment block (EPKT), typically used for malicious offenders. Given that his health has deteriorated, the move seems to be a calculated attempt to break him. The prosecutor's office may also be using new trumped-up charges against Brother Christensen to appeal his early release, a decision that the office supported in court just days earlier.

On 7/2/2020 at 8:15 AM, Skye said:

Jehovah will keep Br. Christensen strong and courageous. As one sister that's very dear to my heart put it so well: "He (Dennis) knows that he is having a major role in the outworking of Jehovah’s purpose for these last days. It has to be (kind of thrilling) for him and for the brothers in Russia to understand the significance of what Jehovah is allowing them to go through and why he is allowing it. This knowledge must really build their faith exponentially. To think about the demonstration of Jehovah’s power that is imminent and the revealing, in a new way, of what His name means, that Jehovah is about to display....WOW!! It’s too marvelous to comprehend!"💫

Sister Fae,

Your encouraging post made me reflect upon one of the broadcast (s) when the brother spoke about Bro. Christensen and he said smiling stated - Don't 

worry Br. Christensen is doing just fine - and something to the affect that we wish we could tell you more - but he is just fine.  So

we will continue to pray for our dear brother and all those ones around the earth that are being persecuted due to serving God, realizing that Jehovah has this!  

1 minute ago, Lieblingskind said:

Not to be pessimistic, but I hope it doesn't deteriorate passed the point of no return...🥺

I wondered about that too and I wonder if that is why they were planning to release him, perhaps they didn't want the blood of a dead martyr on their hands.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

They definitely do not want him to die in custody but they also dont want him out and giving interviews either.  

Brother Dennis is definitely the "Job" of our times and as has been said, there is no doubt Jehovah is allowing him and all the brothers and sisters  in Russia (and Eritrea) the privilege of showing Satan that with Jehovah we cannot be broken.  If his health was critical I think the brothers would tell us so we could all make that am matter of (more) prayer.  In any case one thing's for sure, Satan is counting on how heartbroken we would feel if he were to die at their hands.    I know we must accept what Jehovah allows whether in our own personal lives or for the brotherhood. Jehovah will keep him safe and spiritually strong whatever happens , our God does not disappoint.

And Jesus will settle accounts when he gets here.

Edited by sunshine

1 hour ago, Bluebell said:

I saw that too. It looks like it's "anything goes" in order to justify themselves for their persecution of an innocent brother!

However, on that same day, the Lgov prison extended his time in this cell five days, based on a new set of unfounded allegations, including tardiness.

However, what is to be expected from the King of the North? The Watchtower study articles for the next three weeks will prove to be "food at the proper time."

10 hours ago, Bluebell said:

The footnote is at least a little better news. 

It was previously reported that shortly after a court granted Brother Christensen early release, the ruling was appealed and he was sent to a special punishment block (EPKT), typically reserved for malicious prison offenders. The EPKT shares the same building with a different punishment wing, called the SHIZO, where prisoners are taken for minor violations. However, it is now known that he was actually in the SHIZO wing

Edited by Mykyl

jw.org

BREAKING NEWS | Brother Dennis Christensen Transferred From Special Punishment Block to General Prison Population

On July 11, 2020, the Lgov prison moved Brother Dennis Christensen to the general prison population. He was transferred from the special punishment block, where he spent the past 15 days. As previously reported, he was punished based on fabricated charges. However, he remains in good spirits. Brother Christensen’s defense team plans to appeal the latest charges, with the hope that they will not affect his request for early release.

• 2 weeks later...

Brother Dennis Christensen Placed in Special Punishment Block for a Second Time

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/russia/Brother-Dennis-Christensen-Placed-in-Special-Punishment-Block-for-a-Second-Time/

Pray that this unjust treatment doesn’t break his spirit.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

That despite all the difficulties Br. Dennis Christensen is still in a positive mood and good spirits is only further proof that Jehovah does truly give power beyond what is normal. I often worry about his deteriorating health but I’m convinced that Jehovah knows, Jehovah sees, he hears all our prayers and he’s with our dear brother (and his wife Irina). They are not alone. No, never!

It's clear from the report they intend to trump up a 3rd "offense" so he will be denied early release.  Jehovah hears our prayers regarding his health.  If is health gives in, I am confident his faith will not, so either way it will be a victory.

Edited by sunshine