JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Court Ordered to Free Dennis Christensen

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1343 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

36 minutes ago, The German said:

replaced his unexpired part of the prison term with a fine of 400,000 rubles

That is $5812.00 USD

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

From heaven you will thunder

and give forth your voice.

Your enemies will quake;
your servants will rejoice.

You prove to be whatever you need to be;

all will see

How you provide escape.

(CHORUS)

Jehovah provides escape for the loyal.

His servants will see what a mighty Crag is he.

So with courage and faith in our God,

we spread the fame

Of Jehovah, our Source of escape,

and praise his name.

9 minutes ago, Thomas Walker said:

Ten days. I know I'm a cynic, but that's enough time for a higher-level judge to recant. I hope not, but let's be honest: It's not like complying with the law has meant anything to them so far.

I understand the concern, but I’m sure they wouldn’t have posted this update if there was a big chance of this happening. 

Edited by runner92

48 minutes ago, boodles said:

Why is he fined if he didn't do anything wrong? 

We live in an unjust system ... but everything belongs to Jehovah and I'm sure he will move things to lessen the burden on this gorgeous couple.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

A new Breaking News Alert on the JW app!

BREAKING NEWS | Russian Court Grants Brother Dennis Christensen Early Release

On June 23, 2020, the Lgovskiy District Court in the Kursk Region granted Brother Dennis Christensen early release. At the prosecution’s request, the judge mitigated the remainder of Brother Christensen’s sentence to a fine of 400,000 rubles ($5,759 U.S.). The decision will take effect in ten days, after which he will be able to go home to his wife, family, and fellow worshippers. All praise goes to Jehovah!

Here is the secular newspaper coverage.

Washington Times

A Russian court has issued an early release for a Jehovah’s Witness who was convicted under the nation’s “extremist” law for his faith.

A judge in the Lgovskiy District Court in southwestern Russia on Tuesday released Dennis Christensen from prison, three years into a six-year sentence.

11 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

All 

Don’t forget that Russia part of the KOTN. It still hates Jehovah’s people. That campaign in November might be cancelled, because numbers of the virus is going up even in Russia. 

I agree. 

I am really happy for brother Dennis and his family!

But the court ordered to release him because he has served more than a half of his time. They don't say he is not guilty. Same can happen to other brothers, bu not very soon. 

He is exhausted,  half dead and fined but he is alive. And this is most important. 
Will he stay in Russia or go back home? 

His wife and her family are Russian. He has lived in Russia for many years. It is not certain he considers any other place ‘home.’

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”