JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Kanye West running for US Presidency in 2020. :(

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1537 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Little late to the party.  I doubt he will be on any ballot, let alone all US states and territories 

Phillipians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are of serious concern, whatever things are righteous, whatever things are chaste, whatever things are lovable, whatever things are well-spoken-of, whatever things are virtuous, and whatever things are praiseworthy, continue considering these things. 

Here’s the thing. Considering that he is running against two candidates that half the country oppose . He could actually win based on just the fact that he’s NOT them. The other option is, if he does well enough as the NOT them candidate. Trump could very well concede and endorse him. They are friends. 

Edited by BenJepthah

3 hours ago, BenJepthah said:

Here’s the thing. Considering that he is running against two candidates that half the country oppose . He could actually win based on just the fact that he’s NOT them. The other option is, if he does well enough as the NOT them candidate. Trump could very well concede and endorse him. They are friends. 

He can't win if he can't get on all the ballots.   It's July.  Way too late to start attempting to get on the ballots.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballot_access_in_the_United_States#:~:text=Anyone may obtain a spot,500 from each Congressional district.

Phillipians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are of serious concern, whatever things are righteous, whatever things are chaste, whatever things are lovable, whatever things are well-spoken-of, whatever things are virtuous, and whatever things are praiseworthy, continue considering these things. 

4 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

He can't win if he can't get on all the ballots.   It's July.  Way too late to start attempting to get on the ballots.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballot_access_in_the_United_States#:~:text=Anyone may obtain a spot,500 from each Congressional district.

He has lost out on 105 electoral votes. But what if he is a write in in the 6 or so states he cannot get on the ballot? 

3 hours ago, BenJepthah said:

He has lost out on 105 electoral votes. But what if he is a write in in the 6 or so states he cannot get on the ballot? 

At that point it's a matter of odds.  Something that is mathematically possible can still be considered impossible. 

Sure, he could be written in, but he won't be written in in any significant numbers to actually matter. 

He doesn’t have to win the election. He just has to split the vote. That’s when it gets interesting. If one of the other candidates realize THEY can’t win and concedes. Throws their constituents to him then...

2 hours ago, BenJepthah said:

He doesn’t have to win the election. He just has to split the vote. That’s when it gets interesting. If one of the other candidates realize THEY can’t win and concedes. Throws their constituents to him then...

It won't happen. It's too late.  He's just blowing hot air. 

On 7/6/2020 at 8:21 AM, Shawnster said:

It won't happen. It's too late.  He's just blowing hot air. 

He’s definitely full of himself. He’ll fit right in the political world. :lol:

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

West has proven to be all over the political spectrum over the years. It’s amazing seeing how both the right and the left in succession have embraced his positions. Or decried them. 
       This year , when it comes to the US election neutrality is not difficult. It is a choice of evils with barely a discernible space between them. The insane supporting the deranged in seeking authority in a Mad world. 

13 minutes ago, Nirex said:

I'm not sure why there's a reason to care? I mean it's funny and almost absurd to think about, sure. But other than shock value...

Why is there a reason to care who's running? 

I'm also always confused when I see this "political" discussions that seem to be always in the case of the USA. On other countries, particularly mine, we never even talk about anything related to political issues, namely who is running, who won, He is from the left, he is from the right... and whatnot

1 hour ago, Nirex said:

I'm not sure why there's a reason to care? I mean it's funny and almost absurd to think about, sure. But other than shock value...

Why is there a reason to care who's running? 

The absurdity of the candidates underscores the fragility of the system. A house of cards.

2 hours ago, BenJepthah said:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/07/kanyes-short-lived-attempt-to-get-on-the-2020-ballot.html
        Aaaaaaand it’s over. To bad, it looked like fun. 

Huh.  Who would have guessed?  I'm shocked.  Shocked I say!