JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Fix & repair-procrastinators unite! A thread that aspires to inspire

Tronora

Wow our list would be soooo long. Really need the hubby to read this thread.  😜

We removed a partial wall several years ago and he still hasn’t finished off the ceiling where the wall was. 🙄
I always procrastinate on getting the vehicle inspected. I have one that needs inspection now.  Let’s see if I can do it before having to pay the late fee….

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

How to Overcome Procrastination

• Make a to-do list: To help keep you on track, consider placing a due date next to each item.
  • Take baby steps: Break down the items on your list into small, manageable steps so that your tasks don’t seem so overwhelming.

https://www.verywellmind.com/the-psychology-of-procrastination-2795944

I'm a habitual procrastinator and at present I'm putting off my reviews of the 3 lodgings I had stayed in last month. I should do a mind map and do 1 property at a time. Or do bit by bit with paper and pen. Arggghhh it's not going to happen. 

Spoiler

image.png.252cb558a06aedfb099884de714e4c21.png

My sea-facing room on Penang island for USD 8. Stayed 4 nights in a King room all by myself on 17 July. The review is not going to see the light of day.

• 1 month later...

I am happy to report that drawers 1 & 3 in the commode, and bureau drawer 2 have been fixed!

Woo-hoo!

However, bureau drawer 3 now needs my attention ... one day

Edited by Tronora

Matthew 6:22 - The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is clear*, your whole body will be full of light*. 

(*footnote)

4 minutes ago, Tronora said:

I am happy to report that drawers 1 & 3 in the commode, and bureau drawer 2 have been fixed!

Woo-hoo!

However, bureau drawer 3 now needs my attention ... one day

Congratulations on fixing the respective drawers 1 & 3, and drawer 2.

Are you going to share pictures of your result and hard work?

...It is how it is... 😊  I love long walks, special when you do the walking. A long answer is not short.

2 hours ago, IceBreeze said:

Congratulations on fixing the respective drawers 1 & 3, and drawer 2.

Are you going to share pictures of your result and hard work?

Thank you! And no, no pictures. You'll have to take my word for it :D

Matthew 6:22 - The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is clear*, your whole body will be full of light*. 

(*footnote)

1 minute ago, Tronora said:

Thank you! And no, no pictures. You'll have to take my word for it :D

I will make exception for you @Tronora. If it is your camera or phone being broken, you can put that as number 4 to fix...  ...soon...   lol

...It is how it is... 😊  I love long walks, special when you do the walking. A long answer is not short.

On 7/7/2020 at 7:03 PM, Tronora said:

This thread is meant to be encouraging for procrastinators. You are not alone! (Am I alone? :o )

I have items in my home that needs fixing. You too? And they keep slipping out of sight? Because they are still 'working'.

Write your list here. Maybe it will help? I wrote mine in a spreadsheet. That did not help.

I like lists. Particularly when I can strikethrough :ok:

My list:

Drawer 1 & 3 in commode (chest drawer?)

Desk drawer 2 & 4

Bureau drawer 2

Food cabinet door, lowest hinge

Corner cabinet door, topmost hinge

If you don't have a problem with procrastination, lucky you :thumbsup:

I must say you managed to speed this up a lot since July 2020! Sorry, I could not resist to say this. 😊 Maybe you forgive...lol

This girl has inspired me. I have already completely redone a buffet with sanding and paint, also a wardrobe, painted the room, and were getting new carpet installed tomorrow. Everything before the new service year since I had some wiggle room in August to spend on renos. :D 

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

8 hours ago, Imagine said:

image.thumb.png.8769fb19f647efd572d3ad34222b47c1.png

Well done, Sister Tronora. How long did you take to clear the clutter?

Thank you @Imagine for sharing @Tronora's commode on here...lol. I think the quality of her work is great! State of the art...lol

I have always been a sort of procrastinator.  It just seemed that there was more to do than I could do sometimes.  Maybe it was more a matter of priorities,  Fix the most important things and let the minor things go for a while.

My problem today is not procrastination so much as ability.  At my age,I cannot safely climb a ladder to fix a problem with a light or ceiling fan.  If I get on the floor to fix something down low, someone would literally have to lift me off the floor.  (Not an easy job at all.)

I would tell alll the younger people not to procrastinate.  Someday, you may wish you could do things like that again.

Edited by Witness1970

corrected spelling of procrastination

1 hour ago, Witness1970 said:

I have always been a sort of procrastinator.  It just seemed that there was more to do than I could do sometimes.  Maybe it was more a matter of priorities,  Fix the most important things and let the minor things go for a while.

My problem today is not procrastination so much as ability.  At my age,I cannot safely climb a ladder to fix a problem with a light or ceiling fan.  If I get on the floor to fix something down low, someone would literally have to lift me off the floor.  (Not an easy job at all.)

I would tell alll the younger people not to procrastinate.  Someday, you may wish you could do things like that again.

It doesn't matter if you edited "procastination", or "procastinate", or not. Our "pro" on here @Tronora understands it anyways...lol.

On 8/31/2023 at 1:38 AM, Imagine said:

image.thumb.png.8769fb19f647efd572d3ad34222b47c1.png

Well done, Sister Tronora. How long did you take to clear the clutter?

No clutter to be cleared :D  Just lacked glue. Or something.

(*footnote)

1 hour ago, Tronora said:

No clutter to be cleared :D  Just lacked glue. Or something.

Now I hope (and pray) that @Tronora didn't use Wood glue to lacker her commode...lol. Special since I took note of the "Or something"