JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What's for dinner?

8 hours ago, Qapla said:

I'll be having a spicy Italian Hoagie with thin-sliced salami and ham topped with Swiss cheese, cherry pepper relish, garlic aioli, spicy mustard, fresh slices onions, and tomato, all sandwiched between a classic sub roll.

so, you’re having a sandwich, then!

• 2 weeks later...

Today I made lunch.

Bone-in pork chops fried in butter, then put aside. Fried porcini mushrooms in the pan juices, then sliced chestnut mushrooms. Added cream (actually a cream substitute). Simmered awhile then added crushed garlic and thyme, simmer again, then returned the chops to the sauce and simmered some more.

Served with peas and fondant potatoes.

19 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

That is so similar to what I made Sunday. My recipe called it au gratin. I also added smoked white cheddar and broccoli. So good.

“au gratin” means ‘with scrapings’ - usually a topping of cheese and/or breadcrumbs to make a crispy topping.
Nice!

It was my first attempt at fondant potatoes - learned a lot.

Edited by bohemian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

You know, these forum threads at times have me working up an appetite. (lol) I was in the kitchen "pounding" some fermented dough and then,...voilà!

Cheesebread anyone?! :D

20210225_165100.jpg

Do you use a starter or just let the dough sit for a while to ferment naturally?

Peace...... Love...... &....... Paradise...... :heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

Last night I made pan fried hamburgers which is plain and simple.

But for toppings, in a separate frying pan,  I cooked (or sauteed for those who would rather use that term) 1/2 sweet onion, sliced cremini mushrooms , sweet curry powder, plum sauce, a touch of oregano, S&P,  a touch of olive oil,  and water to keep it from drying out. With a few sundried tomatoes and lettuce all crammed into an italian bun topped with mustard,  it was a sandwich fit to be call supper.   

Edited by Vinnie

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah

On 3/3/2021 at 5:33 AM, Vinnie said:

Last night I made pan fried hamburgers which is plain and simple.

But for toppings, in a separate frying pan,  I cooked (or sauteed for those who would rather use that term) 1/2 sweet onion, sliced cremini mushrooms , sweet curry powder, plum sauce, a touch of oregano, S&P,  a touch of olive oil,  and water to keep it from drying out. With a few sundried tomatoes and lettuce all crammed into an italian bun topped with mustard,  it was a sandwich fit to be call supper.   

That sounds perfect!!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

https://www.onlyfoods.net/types-of-onions.html

Sweet onions: Although these do not necessarily have high sugar content, they have a milder flavor because they have lesser sulfur than pungent onions. Due to their ‘sweet’ taste, they are used in salads or as a garnish.

Types-of-Onions.jpg

Had to look up the potato recipe, never heard about it. Another one of those things I'm definitely having in the new system as I can't eat potatoes now. Wow, it all looks great!

I made Asian eggroll in a bowl, made with cabbage, shread carrot, celery, onion, garlic and ground beef. Seasoned with sesame oil and liquid amino. MH even loved it!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Chinese people of Fujian descent make this delicacy. Called fresh spring roll. The skin can be bought at the market and it is sold even at stalls in the night market.

The star ingredient is turnips. I'm going to make the dish in the bowl minus the skin. 

Edited by Mclove

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

Dinner tonight: turkey cutlets, leftover spinach pie, roasted potatoes and carrots. 

🥲 that's not a very impressive drool emoji 😅

Edited by bagwell1987