JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What's for dinner?

That's funny, I made taco casserole for dinner. My daughter and I found a recipe for keto carrot cake, chocolate cake and she found one for chicken breast in white wine/heavy cream sauce. I showed her this pic of my dinner.....she's making it tomorrow!!

The recipe was so big I made a smaller one for Br. Chuck!

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/539657967858952893/  the recipe

1821009042_casserole(748x1331).thumb.jpg.a34543f432ac232f2a5c266b6b3784dd.jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I roasted butternut squash, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. Put a vegan sauce on top—the name of which cannot be said in polite company.  (If you know the sauce, you will understand. 😂)

It was delicious!

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

On 11/5/2020 at 8:44 PM, BLEmom said:

I roasted butternut squash, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. Put a vegan sauce on top—the name of which cannot be said in polite company.  (If you know the sauce, you will understand. 😂)

It was delicious!

I'm not familiar with that kind of sauce Sis and you've peaked my curiosity.  Can you pm me the name please?

Ouinoa is mainly boiled like rice. However, when I boil my quinoa, I use chicken stock instead of water for added flavor.  Now curry is a whole different flavor...lol. We're talking Indian curry, African and Carribbean curries as well as Asian.  I've prepared all of the aforementioned and my preference is 3 out of 4! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I have no picture, but we ate this before I had chance to take one!

Yesterday I made Cod, bacon, peas and lettuce.

STEP 1.  Heat the sunflower oil in a medium non-stick frying pan. Add the bacon, shallot or onion, and garlic. Cook gently, stirring, for 2 mins, then push to one side of the pan.

STEP 2.  Season the cod with ground black pepper. Fry in the pan for 2 mins, then turn over. Add the peas and stock, and bring to a simmer. Cook over a medium heat for a further 2 mins, then add the lettuce and crème fraîche. Cook for a couple mins more, stirring the vegetables occasionally, until the fish is just cooked and the lettuce has wilted. Serve with bread to mop up the broth.

Serves 2 and was delicious.

14 hours ago, momma said:

Can you share recipe?  looks yummy.

And what’s in it also please .... nephew been making Chinese meat buns ... these look similar but I want to try em

been cooking up a storm this past few weeks

and oh I made 3 types of meatballs....and Quesadillas with avocado/Monterey Jack cheese/ Tomato/ .garlic powder .....then I made Hamburger soup....and sausage/Beef chilI.....it’s been freezing in florida

went down to 40s and 50s....brrrrr

but today it warmed back up 88 @ lunchtime and probably hit 90 

of course it’s the day I’m on a roof doing a repair In the afternoon...... 90 in December gotta laugh

7 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

Oh Darin, share some of your recipes! Would love that!

I made a keto cheese burger green bean casserole,  separated into 6 dinners. Its wonderful. 

Here Are the Pinterest links I used ....I’m about 85-90% Keto so occasionally I have to substitute a Keto ingredient for pasta/bread etc

hamburger Soup - https://pin.it/2KnRXYU

Zucchini lasagna roll ups - https://pin.it/1rRDgYB

Also built cauliflower pizza and Keto apple pie and a beef goulash with a keto friendly type pasta

CB3DD7CB-0986-4111-9C03-91662794615B.jpeg

0713F3A3-4C60-4568-985A-DE99EAF70F7A.jpeg

77B3DFF7-BF80-49BC-B163-1C4DBD6C0284.jpeg

069FC0C2-6A3A-4544-B084-43453C7CBCEE.jpeg

Outstanding!

I made the keto ground beef/green bean casserole. I added cauliflower rice to the bottom of it for more texture. Be my new favorite for a while. I doubled the recipe so I have several dinners in the freezer.

https://kaseytrenum.com/keto-ground-beef-casserole-perfect-comfort-dish/

low carb ground beef casserole in a cast iron skillet fresh out of the oven

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Can you share recipe?  looks yummy.
The recipe is super super simple. I use frozen dinner rolls. 1.5 lbs ground beef browned and seasoned with salt n pepper and about 1.5-2 cups grated cheddar cheese. Just let the rolls rise, then cook the meat. Take a roll and stretch the Dough like your making a lil pizza. It's best to put the cheese first then the meat (if the cheese is put last it is more likely to leak out) then bring the sides up and seal the roll. Bake according to instructions for rolls. Sometimes I put ham n cheese or pepperoni n cheese and dip in pizza sauce.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

On 12/6/2020 at 10:32 PM, tracydawn said:

The recipe is super super simple. I use frozen dinner rolls. 1.5 lbs ground beef browned and seasoned with salt n pepper and about 1.5-2 cups grated cheddar cheese. Just let the rolls rise, then cook the meat. Take a roll and stretch the Dough like your making a lil pizza. It's best to put the cheese first then the meat (if the cheese is put last it is more likely to leak out) then bring the sides up and seal the roll. Bake according to instructions for rolls. Sometimes I put ham n cheese or pepperoni n cheese and dip in pizza sauce.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Thanks Tracy, I will give it a try. 

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, bohemian said:

Recipe please?

My black beans dish was adapted from this website and seasoned to my liking. (For six people I doubled the recipe.)  There are many conversion sites for cooking measurements as well.  

NB: I didn't have red wine vinegar, so I substituted apple cider vinegar instead. You can also soak your own dry black beans.

Very tasty indeed!

Edited by Omoyeme

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be having a spicy Italian Hoagie with thin-sliced salami and ham topped with Swiss cheese, cherry pepper relish, garlic aioli, spicy mustard, fresh slices onions, and tomato, all sandwiched between a classic sub roll.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~