JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What's for dinner?

Simple as that.

Today, I have halibut with wholegrain couscous, red & yellow pepper, corn and champignons.

What's for dinner at your place?

Matthew 6:22 - The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is clear*, your whole body will be full of light*. 

(*footnote)

18 minutes ago, Tronora said:

Simple as that.

Today, I have halibut with wholegrain couscous, red & yellow pepper, corn and champignons.

The same thing you are having. What is your address?  😁

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, Mephibosheth said:

The same thing you are having. What is your address?  😁

North-East of you 😁

Halibut should NOT be overcooked, or, in my case, overdone. Actually, I'm hitting the kitchen & frying pan NOW 👩‍🍳

Matthew 6:22 - The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is clear*, your whole body will be full of light*. 

(*footnote)

I may eat the unborn children of a land fowl and perhaps a few slices of an unclean animal belly fried in it's own fat.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I haven't had bacon & eggs for some time. Love it – but never for breakfast, dinner or evenings. Lunch however!

Cackleberries :D

Today's dinner; making something with turkey. Tomato-based. The turkey is already done, now thawing. Adding it at the end. Not sure what else to put in. Carrots? And spices? Tomorrow I'll be grocery shopping.

(*footnote)

On 7/28/2020 at 11:29 AM, Ludwika said:

We're having a fish called john dory, with mushrooms, mashed kumera, broccoli, and a nice sauce. 😀

I love John Dory. 

https://www.vegetables.co.nz/vegetables-a-z/kumara/

Sweet potato. 

There are different varieties of kūmara, however, only three main varieties are commercially available in New Zealand. The most common is the red-skinned, Owairaka Red, which has a creamy white flesh and is sold as Red; gold kūmara, sometimes sold as Toka Toka Gold, has a golden skin and flesh, and a sweeter taste than red; orange kūmara is sweeter than than both red and gold. 

14 hours ago, bobby said:

Being lazy pie and ice-cream

I had ice-cream for dessert today. Verrrrrry hotttt day indeed! Too hot for the veranda even. Dinner? Some leftovers later.

(*footnote)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2020 at 3:36 PM, Tronora said:

Tonight the family and I are having roasted chicken, carmelized rosemary potatoes with carrots well-oiled with olive oil. I wanted to add a green vegetable but tired out...lol. Maybe I'll throw in some petite peas on top of the potatoes. :)

20200809_184201.jpg

20200809_184253.jpg

I am having fried  barramundi in chilli sauce, with fresh Greek salad, and baked garlic ciabatta bread.

Glass of red wine ..and no desert. 

I am still negotiating "desert" with my wife, so nothing is solid ...but I am bad negotiator :facepalmpo2:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

On 7/29/2020 at 10:40 PM, Wanda Hill said:

I'm a country girl, so we had fresh green beans with new potatoes, a nice heirloom tomato and fresh corn on the cob..and corn bread fritters..

Hmm, I've had cornbread throughout the years, but corn bread fritters? I had to look up a recipe and see a few photos. Much of what I see are "corn fritters." Are these the same Sis. Wanda? I'd love to give these a try since I always keep cornmeal in my pantry. 

Edited by Omoyeme

LOL.. I had to look up the recipe for corn fritters to see what they are..no, in my family they're also called corn flitters, it's simply a thick corn bread mix poured into hot oiled skillet and fried till done, (about the size of a small pancake), it's a faster recipe than regular cornbread...I've eaten them all my life but I don't know anyone else that fixes them..try it!..we especially love them them pinto beans and tomatoes..

22 hours ago, Wanda Hill said:

it's simply a thick corn bread mix poured into hot oiled skillet and fried till done, (about the size of a small pancake), it's a faster recipe than regular cornbread...I've eaten them all my life but I don't know anyone else that fixes them..try it!

LOL! Ok Sis, I'm sold on this idea! I'm always trying new recipes so I'll give it a try! Thank you for the recommendation.  :)

Dinner this evening: garlic shrimp garnished with parsley over basmati rice and small side of veggies. 

20200722_182622.jpg

Edited by Omoyeme

^ Yummy!

Today, dinner was leftovers from Friday's. Had friends over.

Rosemary-seasoned minced lamb, salad w/misc vegetables, chickpeas, feta cheese and focaccia w/sundried tomatoes. Dark beer to drink: Bayer.

(*footnote)