JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What's for dinner?

MH wants poutine with a grilled burger but I don't know if I have the energy to make all that. So I may just do pan seared buttered carrot, roasted garlic potatoes from the freezer, then grill a burger patty, from the batch in the freezer I made up last week. Makes for a fast dinner. Not as gourmet as you other culinary geniuses but still tasty!

Now have to figure out what I'm gonna eat, MH eats totally different than me.

Ya know, sometimes I'm just so slow. As I was getting the burger patties and potatoes out of the freezer I thought "why not poutine, all I have to do is throw together gravy, it's all done!" So that's what's happening. Sheesh.

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

On 7/26/2020 at 8:11 PM, Mephibosheth said:

I may eat the unborn children of a land fowl and perhaps a few slices of an unclean animal belly fried in it's own fat.

If they worded the menus like that they'd be out of business...😁

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

• 5 weeks later...

Chicken meatballs over spicy pasta sauce and garlic knots (minced garlic, chopped basil and parsley sprinkled with Italian seasoning.)

20200916_052550.jpg

It's not so difficult sheltering-in-place, but it wouldn't be so bad if the kitchen was on lock-down for a couple of days, away from the rest of the house...lol.

Edited by Omoyeme

Oh my goodness, they're perfect!

Made pork "chicken fried" steak with mashed potatoes with bacon and sour cream topped with gravy and sliced heirloom tomatoes for MH last night. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

42 minutes ago, CouveBro said:

We had some friends over last night and had some lasagna, fresh salad and garlic knots. Yummy!!

Were your garlic knots as beautiful as Sandra's above? I think I'd frame a copy of that picture😁

• 4 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Nelly Michael said:

This is called Fufu and melon soup...Fufu is eaten with the fingers, and a small ball of it can be dipped into an accompanying soup

... Though some prefer to use cutlery. It is Very Very Tasty. Its my second favorite food. 😊

IMG_20201011_155115_284.JPG

I bought fufu mix from an international store but haven’t used it yet.  Got any suggestions?

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

I had a cooking day today, weather is awful. So this week Lew is having keto meatloaf and veg, pizza for a few lunches and some red beans and rice for dinners too. 

I can eat the meatloaf! This new recipe is shocking good.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/11/2020 at 11:50 AM, Nelly Michael said:

This is called Fufu and melon soup...Fufu is eaten with the fingers, and a small ball of it can be dipped into an accompanying soup

... Though some prefer to use cutlery. It is Very Very Tasty. Its my second favorite food. 😊

I'll have a dish of egusi soup please o! :D