JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

do you like beer?

8 hours ago, Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual said:

I’ve just put two small scoops of Hagendaz Vanila ice cream into a cup of beer of a local brand and it tastes heavenly..

not sure if this is the right recipe but it sure tastes good. 

So you evidently don't like beer!  how can you adulterate it like that?

2 hours ago, bohemian said:

So you evidently don't like beer!  how can you adulterate it like that?

It seems Covid and the isolation bring out many amazing abilities we hadn't known we possessed.

I'd advise caution, Brother Timothy. Or you could turn to @New World Explorer and @Dustparticle, who can't complete a sentence without donuts and chocolates 😂😂. Beer can do you worse, brother! 

37 minutes ago, GodlyDevotion said:

Or you could turn to @New World Explorer and @Dustparticle, who can't complete a sentence without donuts and chocolates 😂😂.

Do nut not reach that conclusion my brother, it's easier then you think LOL :blues-bros

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

On 8/15/2020 at 3:29 AM, Lee49 said:

Do I like beer - Yes! Coo

rs Banquet for me, if you can listen to this song until the finish, your probably drinking too much beer! - 

HAHAHA! I didn't listen to that song for even a minute. Maybe half. And I love Frydenlund bayer. A norwegian, german-inspired dark beer.

On 8/15/2020 at 3:45 AM, Lee49 said:

Ever try prosseco?   https://www.decanter.com/learn/advice/whats-difference-between-champagne-and-prosecco-372451/

We tried it for the first time for our 52nd anniversary ( yes, I'm that old )  

I love prosecco! Never champagne for me now. And thanx for that root beer & ice-cream tip. I love root beer. Maybe it will make the ice-cream taste better.

Matthew 6:22 - The lamp of the body is the eye. If, then, your eye is clear*, your whole body will be full of light*. 

(*footnote)

Do I like beer? Yes! I'm from the PNW (United States) and there is a large craft brew scene here. I love a thick stout (Irish Death) and a bitter IPA (all of them) any time... (well, not on a hike haha! I brought a can of IPA on a hike recently ... big mistake :D )

Will drinking a can a day make you an addict? hard to say. Generally, I'd say no. Especially if the can a day is only for the duration of the pack you bought. I know some cultures drink wine or beer with dinner every day, I doubt that could be considered alcoholism. While you're body might adjust to the daily intake of alcohol, making you chemically dependent to a small extent, you may not be psychologically addicted to it. 

There is a lot of addiction in my family, so I regularly exercise my ability to go without for a few days or to resist a craving, just to make sure I'm not letting anything get out of hand. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/25/business/dunkin-harpoon-doughnut-infused-beers/index.html

In the most Boston thing ever, Dunkin and Harpoon are making doughnut-infused beer

Harpoon Brewery and Dunkin' (DNKN) have decided to spice up their annual seasonal beer collaboration, and it's a pairing right up Homer Simpson's alley: doughnut-infused beer.

The Boston bosom buddies, which have teamed up the past two fall seasons on a Harpoon Dunkin' Coffee Porter, are expanding the breadth of their seasonal brews with a pumpkin spiced latte ale as well as two beers made with doughnuts. Yes, you read that right. Doughnuts.

2020-08-25_16h58_21.png

1 hour ago, bohemian said:

what is it about America that they eat and drink such gross products?
Rocket and I have discussions about the gross concoction of peanut butter and jello sandwiches! 

Doughnut infused beer?  NO!

Um, that would be peanut butter and JELLY sandwiches.  Never heard of peanut butter and Jello. 

Why do you have to make it personal, America, really. I think mixing foods together can be awesome. Come visit we will set you straight 😁

I'm worrying drinking a beer can a day may get me gout. Germany and Czech are the ones with the most gout patients. But a beer can(500cc) each day or once every two days hopefully won’t make a big difference I guess

Edited by Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual

11 hours ago, Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual said:

I'm worrying drinking a beer can a day may get me gout. Germany and Czech are the ones with the most gout patients. But a beer can(500cc) each day or once every two days hopefully won’t make a big difference I guess

If you're worried, the simple solution is just don't drink so often. Unless you're being forced to or feel you "have to"?

Edited by EccentricM

1 hour ago, EccentricM said:

If you're worried, the simple solution is just don't drink so often. Unless you're being forced to or feel you "have to"?

yeah that would probably be the best option.

But it’s a hard thing to think about how often I’m drinking beer.

I think I drank it maybe 2 times a week? but then I look back and I realize I drank it at least 4 times a week.

Anyway, I don’t drink more than a can so it’s just my needless worries I guess.. hopefully

On 8/25/2020 at 9:22 PM, Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual said:

On 8/26/2020 at 9:13 AM, EccentricM said:

On 8/26/2020 at 10:29 AM, Tryin'SoHardToBeSpiritual said:

yeah that would probably be the best option.

But it’s a hard thing to think about how often I’m drinking beer.

I think I drank it maybe 2 times a week? but then I look back and I realize I drank it at least 4 times a week.

Anyway, I don’t drink more than a can so it’s just my needless worries I guess.. hopefully

Actually another solution is also fairly simple. Drink more water with it. Dilution is the solution. 

• 2 weeks later...