JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

18 Witnesses sentenced.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1340 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

It is pretty much accurate and we can appreciate those who are releasing this have the guts to do so.

Ok thanks. According to the timeline, this is just another sign that very soon they will declare peace and security. 

Our site is not publishing any stuff from countries where JW is banned (Only from Russia so far)
Well, they did.

Russia, Eritrea, Egypt, Lebanon, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Singapore.

So this is why I wondered about China.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ELE-L29 met Tapatalk

On 8/20/2020 at 12:14 PM, Sepie93 said:

Well, they did.

Russia, Eritrea, Egypt, Lebanon, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Singapore.

They have been more or less silent on China which indicates to me how precarious the situation is for the friends there.  Amnesty Int.  has a pretty solid journalistic reputation but given the times we live in I think we all must learn to take any report (which may well be 90% accurate, but how to identify the other 10) with a grain of salt.  

The slave is both faithful  and discrete so they will make good decisions about what and how much to publish about those under bans and restrictions (our religion isnt banned in Russia, only the WTBS - of course we all know that's just ink marks on paper, as the "freedom of religion" promised under their constitution are just empty words). The Slave has the bigger picture of how any given piece if news will effect the brothers there and worldwide.  They must  know how anxious we are for news of our brothers and sister under ban but will not publish anything unless it has been confirmed as accurate AND will not have an adverse effect in the friends.

Edited by sunshine

19 hours ago, sunshine said:

They have been more or less silent on China which indicates to me how precarious the situation is for the friends there.  Amnesty Int.  has a pretty solid journalistic reputation but given the times we live in I think we all must learn to take any report (which may well be 90% accurate, but how to identify the other 10) with a grain of salt.  

The slave is both faithful  and discrete so they will make good decisions about what and how much to publish about those under bans and restrictions (our religion isnt banned in Russia, only the WTBS - of course we all know that's just ink marks on paper, as the "freedom of religion" promised under their constitution are just empty words). The Slave has the bigger picture of how any given piece if news will effect the brothers there and worldwide.  They must  know how anxious we are for news of our brothers and sister under ban but will not publish anything unless it has been confirmed as accurate AND will not have an adverse effect in the friends.

Point is well taken. Yes, accuracy and precarious has a role in it too. The situation in China has happened for the past two years and the friends are banned there,. In Russia, you see videos of friends clapping hands while friends are sentenced and they are banned there too. Does anyone think that the officials are eyeing these friends who are parading our brothers while they are getting sentenced? The adverse effect has a role here?

On 8/20/2020 at 12:14 PM, Sepie93 said:

Well, they did.

Sure, now when we have website. But 10 years ago our printed publication not mentioned more of what is going on in countries over ban. Today is different, but from China nothing much. Also Somalia, India, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia. There are lot of countries..