JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

First moments in heaven

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1331 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

5 hours ago, jayrtom said:

If you notice on the bottom, the tract image is cut on the woman's legs. the seller version is complete. So it is clear it was not a scan of that tract

Seller                                                                                                               Tract

image.png.c52af0630bfa6204ab8ab4d97ebcfa6f.png

Good point, worth a lot of thought. Some of our theocratic art work is used more than once. This may be printed somewhere else in our lit, in addition to this tract. The seller attributes it to an unknown photographer, which indicates that someone photographed it from another source. It certainly was not photographed in real life. When I go through Bethel, some of the pictures on the walls look familiar, and I seem to remember one of our tour guides mentioning where we could find a specific piece in out literature. Of course, I can't remember which print was mentioned. Kudos to the keen eyes that spotted this image and remembered the tract. 

4 hours ago, kejedo said:

Good point, worth a lot of thought. Some of our theocratic art work is used more than once. This may be printed somewhere else in our lit, in addition to this tract. The seller attributes it to an unknown photographer, which indicates that someone photographed it from another source. It certainly was not photographed in real life. When I go through Bethel, some of the pictures on the walls look familiar, and I seem to remember one of our tour guides mentioning where we could find a specific piece in out literature. Of course, I can't remember which print was mentioned. Kudos to the keen eyes that spotted this image and remembered the tract. 

This is where an illustrations index would come in handy.

4 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

This is where an illustrations index would come in handy.

I always hoped when a DVD version of Watchtower Library was released that it would include the images from our publications (perhaps going back to when we started using full color). 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 11:58 AM, Myew said:

I found that this article was in the Watchtower before it was made into a tract, so it [the image] might be there in the original if someone can look, the images for these older publications are not on JW.org or wol.jw.org.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2001521

Edited by Myew