JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

First moments in heaven

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1331 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

4 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

Not mine, but I swear: I found this on a Star Ward board...

163e2b52191ed13221efb2626f9f3947.jpg

Is it me, or did someone stumble onto one of our images, and decide to make a funny joke?

It looks like one of our images but is it really so?

9 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

Not mine, but I swear: I found this on a Star Ward board...

163e2b52191ed13221efb2626f9f3947.jpg

Is it me, or did someone stumble onto one of our images, and decide to make a funny joke?

That image is available commercially, I found it on several sites, here is one of them. https://warriorjohn.com/collections/all-items/products/first-moments-in-heaven-first-day-in-heaven-jesus-christ-print-painting

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Mephibosheth said:

That image is available commercially, I found it on several sites, here is one of them. https://warriorjohn.com/collections/all-items/products/first-moments-in-heaven-first-day-in-heaven-jesus-christ-print-painting

Interesting, could have sworn it was one of ours.

1 hour ago, EccentricM said:

Interesting, could have sworn it was one of ours.

The faces look familiar, the dress and grooming is modest, there are no crosses on the grave stones. Yes, it looks it may have come from the Branch, however it may not have.

Edited by Mephibosheth
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

When I saw the topic title I thought it was along the lines of, "How awesome for one of the 144,000, when they arrive in heaven" How long is it before they appear before Jehovah, do other anointed ones greet them, or does Jesus greet them? What kind of schools do they have to attend? Stuff like that.

Do they have the School for Kings and Priests? (SKP)

This picture looks familiar, but it would be hard to pinpoint (although, I believe someone on here will find it) what publication it was printed out of.

5 minutes ago, Mephibosheth said:

The faces look familiar, the dress and grooming is modest, there are no crosses on the grave stones. Yes, it looks it came from the Branch. 

If it isn’t  from one of our publications, it sure looks like it was inspired from one of them. 
Poor souls, no matter how bad they try, this does not make any sense.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

4 hours ago, Mephibosheth said:

Illegal copies, these are. Begun, the clone war has...

1 hour ago, Myew said:

Illegal copies, these are. Begun, the clone war has...

:lol1:

Other images from our brothers have been used by churches. It is difficult to prove illegal use due to public domain laws and the internet. Also, many copyrights expire, in time.  Another instance I know of is our Sister, who is a photographer, sold one of her image in a private sale.  She later became aware of its being used on a church calendar.  Y( against infringement)S

3 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

Poor souls, no matter how bad they try, this does not make any sense.

Some people are going to be saying: "Why do they have grounds and the grass if you are in the heaven? I thought you should be up in the sky. And why would there be needs for stairs if you will have wings like angels?"

1 minute ago, Hinata said:

Some people are going to be saying: "Why do they have grounds and the grass if you are in the heaven? I thought you should be up in the sky. And why would there be needs for stairs if you will have wings like angels?"

Tomb stones in heaven seems rather odd. Perhaps the giant hailstones are tombstones falling from heaven. :lol1:

It’s always funny to me how the world imagines heaven: with green grass and other earthly things present. Why would there be tombstones in heaven? It doesn’t make any sense.

Side note: I once had a conversation with a man who believed death, in any form, did not enter the world until Adam sinned. That means that even animals didn’t die. He believed the animals that died were all in heaven. I asked, “What about whales? Where are they swimming in heaven? What about mosquitos?” I think he realized how stupid the whole thing sounded put that way but upfront he insisted on his belief. I couldn’t help him.

26 minutes ago, McKay said:

It’s always funny to me how the world imagines heaven: with green grass and other earthly things present. Why would there be tombstones in heaven? It doesn’t make any sense.

Side note: I once had a conversation with a man who believed death, in any form, did not enter the world until Adam sinned. That means that even animals didn’t die. He believed the animals that died were all in heaven. I asked, “What about whales? Where are they swimming in heaven? What about mosquitos?” I think he realized how stupid the whole thing sounded put that way but upfront he insisted on his belief. I couldn’t help him.

I can understand why some like to believe in an "animal heaven".  It doesn't make sense, but as an animal lover myself, I am uncomfortable with the idea of animals dying.  I won't even kill a spider; I wrap it up in a little kleenex and just go outside to place it on a bush somewhere.  

It is comforting, however, that animals don't appear to have a sense of their impermanence.  

My Adventist relatives believed that they would stop and pet the animals on their way to the 'first sabbath' in heaven. It has been said that man is the only flesh and blood creature who has a conscience. He is also the only creature that needs one. Obviously, the animals died in Eden. Adam certainly knew what death was. I do kill flies, spiders, and such in my house. I also kill grasshoppers in my garden and aphids on my roses.  Jehovah created a need to worship in humans, but obviously not in animals.

42 minutes ago, tucker said:

It has been said that man is the only flesh and blood creature who has a conscience. He is also the only creature that needs one.

I believe that Mark Twain said that man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. That's a very similar thought. 

On 8/22/2020 at 2:32 PM, Mephibosheth said:

Since on this site they're selling high resolutions of the image and even with a signature of the author, could it be that it was the brother that painted it originally that is selling? (hard to believe though)