JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Apples

We harvested some apples from our tree yesterday because very high winds were predicted for last night. The winds harvested more apples last night and I found this one hidden in the grass..

It must have been really cold..😁

20201026_080635.thumb.jpg.ef9b35bb54d3b59cf419a5f4d5db2ac6.jpg

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 3 weeks later...

We harvested the rest of the apples from our tree and found another set of cojoined apples.

20201126_060107.thumb.jpg.9b9f158c48ad0109e3cf5d37b404798d.jpg20201126_060032.thumb.jpg.298a38516be1e09ce90aba1d8f641a2a.jpg20201126_060043.thumb.jpg.133a1cd8783cc7af5bc1d1829aa5edf5.jpg20201126_060025.thumb.jpg.9a80c69daa8a60b83067a52c1f9e4271.jpg

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Just now, Friends just call me Ross said:

Looks yummy.

Great.  Now I have this sudden urge to toss some bread in the toaster. :D

Me too! A whole loaf..👍🤣

https://garden.org/frogs/view/14705/
A number of things can cause misshapen fruit. If the weather is cold and rainy during blossom, incomplete pollination can cause misshapen fruit. Apple scab, a fungal disease, can also cause the fruit to be less than perfect. Feeding from the rosy apple aphid can cause fruits to have a puckered appearance. 

If the foliage on the trees looks healthy, I'd guess the misshapen fruit is weather related

My wife made a huge jar of applesauce and this morning we are having pumpkin pancakes with homemade applesauce. Hmmm👍

51 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

My wife made a huge jar of applesauce and this morning we are having pumpkin pancakes with homemade applesauce. Hmmm👍

🤔Interesting combo...pumpkin and apple.

I shall have to try that the next time I make pancakes.

I cook my oatmeal with apple juice instead of with just milk, or water.

The apple juice/apple cider turns boring,

bland oatmeal into a downright yummy breakfast. :D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

12 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Interesting combo...pumpkin and apple.

Pumpkin pancakes with an apple compote is delicious. She use to make that for the SKE students when she was on the cooking team. One of the students used it for an illustration about self control..🤣

Was eating some grapes today and one looked like this. I didn’t want to eat it. The crazy thing was it was organic grapes.

A55569E7-FCB8-4967-9571-81A912ABCAA4.jpeg

10EC69C9-AC58-4043-BB53-4637F24C5157.jpeg

D4D42C2A-6E7A-4DAE-9977-D04ECA64ABDA.jpeg

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

• 11 months later...
On 11/26/2020 at 7:20 PM, Tortuga said:

the first time we have found deformed apples..

I had similar effects happen on figs in the N Georgia US area.   Since figs often show up before leaves I noticed what appeared to be bacterial wilt on the first ones and the following baby leaves.  Worried, I pulled as many off as I could reach but later (new ones seemed to be OK)  I fould smatttered among the regrowth figs with a similar issue but more like one large fig growing off the end of a smaller first stunted growth, but clearly a second fig!  All my fig bushes had similar issue with leaves but not total failure, whew!  First time in 30 years!  I use the leaves in tea and ferments as well so I was really was careful to pull off ALL the wilty darkened ones that first showed up!   Also when I dug up the sweet potatoes I found a hundred peach pits buried by squirrels in the ground near them and none of the pits had nutmeat in them!      Every year there is a noteable oddity, this year a few!  😵   

On 12/4/2020 at 1:00 AM, *Jack* said:

one looked like this. I didn’t want to eat it. The crazy thing was

These anomolies make me see where early farmers might have gotten the idea to plant the seeds from such ones to see IF that full bodied trait could be passed on to the next generation.   Those natural variations would be safe to grow and eat but doubtful in GMOs requiring chemicals to even have existence...   New system is gonna be fun for us farmer types!   And as a consumer I am thinking give me a bowlful of THOSE!   lol  I do grape fasts!  Those (if truly organic) would be wonderful!