JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Robert Luccioni: Strengthen Your Spiritual Core (2 Tim. 3:13)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1252 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

31 minutes ago, MikeyRo said:

Based on the theme text, it appears to have been recorded on Friday, October 4, 2019, the day before the 2019 annual meeting.

Thanks. Good detective work.

Morning worship on Friday, October 4, 2019 Transcript:    Robert Luccioni, Strengthen Your Spiritual Core (2 Tim 3.13)  (10:09)

Robert Luccioni, Strengthen Your Spiritual Core (2 Tim 3.13).pdf

Robert Luccioni, Strengthen Your Spiritual Core (2 Tim 3.13).docx

Robert Luccioni, Strengthen Your Spiritual Core (2 Tim 3.13).epub

48 minutes ago, halfspanishlee said:

Wow if the talk was done last October 2019 why did we just receive it?😅😁what a fantastic talk though

Because most of the time the morning worship talks that are selected to be released publicly on JW.org are taken from several months back based on what the faithful slave wants us to learn at a given time. In rare cases, there are morning worship programs that are more urgently beneficial for the worldwide brother and are released very soon after they are recorded. You can notice those by the fact that they are available only in English at the time they become visible on our web site.

Indeed Brother Luccioni's talk was very encouraging and so timely! It helps me personally appreciate more fully the theocratic arrangements that are in place for us to be spiritually strong.

Although I've heard the term "core muscles" many times by fitness enthusiasts, I've never understood how important there are in a physical sense. So although I go to the gym 3 time a week, I've never done core strengthening exercises. Looks like I'll have to start doing them.

These reasons in the introduction explain what the core does well:

• And a strong core will keep you standing if something knocks against you.
  • Having a strong core will allow you to carry a heavy weight.
  • And if you fall, a strong core will help you to get back up on your feet.

As the morning worship says, good for older ones too.

2 hours ago, WilliamChew said:

Although I've heard the term "core muscles" many times by fitness enthusiasts, I've never understood how important there are in a physical sense. So although I go to the gym 3 time a week, I've never done core strengthening exercises. Looks like I'll have to start doing them.

These reasons in the introduction explain what the core does well:

• And a strong core will keep you standing if something knocks against you.
  • Having a strong core will allow you to carry a heavy weight.
  • And if you fall, a strong core will help you to get back up on your feet.

As the morning worship says, good for older ones too.

calisthenics exercise is good for the core, I think . 

• 2 weeks later...

That was a real scotcher of a Morning Worship!  O my!!

What do we do, for example, if the lights go out on JW Broadcasting®? What happens, perhaps, when we don’t have theincredible conventions, the touching videos, the catchy music, the beautifully-written (well-written) Watchtower articles, the exciting annual meetings? They’re gone.

I never thought we would have to do without the Watchtower...what does this mean?

Edited by sunshine

On 12/4/2020 at 3:52 PM, sunshine said:

That was a real scotcher of a Morning Worship!  O my!!

I never thought we would have to do without the Watchtower...what does this mean?

I took it to mean that the great tribulation may disrupt the flow of some of our spiritual provisions.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

2 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

I took it to mean that the great tribulation may disrupt the flow of some of our spiritual provisions.

We expect that. The OD chapter 17 has some encouragement in case that happens.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 12/10/2020 at 3:18 PM, carlos said:

For example, we might be in prison and not have access to any publications.

Think about that for a second; even if you are allowed to get a Bible, it would likely be one produced by one of Christendom’s churches AND you have to physically find the books, chapters and verses! :lol:

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29