JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Do we have any AFOL's here?

spacer.png

An Undulating Sculpture Recreates Hokusai’s ‘Great Wave’ in 50,000 LEGO Pieces

Japan-based artist Jumpei Mitsui is one of just 21 LEGO Certified Professionals in the world—this means his full-time job is to create artworks with the plastic building blocks—and is the youngest of the renowned group. He’s fulfilled this title most recently with a sculptural recreation of Katsushika Hokusai’s “The Great Wave off Kanagawa.”

Collosal.com 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

What is an AFOL? An Adult Fan of LEGO, which is an 18+ years old LEGO fan who actively participates in the community either online, through a LUG (LEGO User Group) and/or by going to community driven events. The term AFOL originates in the community and is not created by The LEGO Group.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I'm no part of a LUG or community, but I do enjoy Lego.

Since I was a child I enjoyed playing with Lego.  I had loads of sets.  Not an understatement.  My parents always knew what to give to me.  Town sets mainly, then got into the technic sets.  Of course as I got older, I stopped playing with it, and gave it all away.

But a few years ago I discovered that Lego makes set targeted for the adult market.  Normally bigger or more detailed sets, mainly designed for display not play.  In fact, the adult market is growing every year.   Some of the earlier sets are really sought after by fans and can sell for about £1000.   

I like the architecture / landmarks sets.  Nice way to relax and be creative.