JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Instant Pot Favorites

Hello friends!

I'm looking for Instant Pot recipes (especially low-carb).  Down here in Belize it gets very hot and using the stove/oven adds to the heat so we try to use as little as possible.  I'd love to learn some new recipes that you have tried and enjoyed.  Really interested in the 1-Pot style meals.  Chicken is our preferred meat, for cost and quality reasons.

Thanks!

i just got an instant pot.  ive never used one previously but now i have a favorite recipe.  it is baby back ribs.   put one cup of water in pot.....put two tablespoons of vinegar into that....season your baby back ribs with powdered seasoning and salt.   coil the ribs around in a circle inside pot in order to fit them  in. shut pot and close vent.   set on high for 30 minutes.    slow release pressure when done.   then transfer to a big dish.  put barbeque sauce on top.    bake at 400 in oven for 10 minutes just to sizzle the sauce.   

We've had our instant pot for almost six months and used it to cook beans.  (Maybe it's just me, but this cooking apparatus is reinventing the wheel, so-to-speak.)  For those who have time as I do, crockpot, slow roasting/baking, braising is known as "time honoured" traditions.

But here is the website for instant pot cooking to give you some ideas. :)

https://recipes.instantpot.com/

20210115_155420.jpg

Edited by Omoyeme

I am so glad I got mine, and has changed the way I do cooking. Primarily way more efficiently, but mostly for the family, and mostly carb recipes for them. I have food allergies, so have my own separate menu. But instant pot has made my life in the kitchen far more easier with just one thing to clean up! I make soups, stews, meats, beans, potatoes, steaming of vegetables, yogurt, cakes and other dishes. YouTube has great ideas.

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

18 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

We've had our instant pot for almost six months and used it to cook beans.  (Maybe it's just me, but this cooking apparatus is reinventing the wheel, so-to-speak.)  For those who have time as I do, crockpot, slow roasting/baking, braising is known as "time honoured" traditions.

But here is the website for instant pot cooking to give you some ideas. :)

https://recipes.instantpot.com/

20210115_155420.jpg

I used to use my crockpot all the time but electricity is one the most expensive utilities here and the Instant Pot can cut the amount used significantly.

On 1/15/2021 at 5:52 AM, Musky said:

I got totally the wrong impression from the topic's title! The "instant pot" had me thinking in a different direction. emoji1787.png

I was thinking of how easily misunderstood the title is haha. 
To be fair, if English isn't your first language you may not know what "pot" is slang for in English speaking countries.
That being said, if someone had a recipes for brownies that could be made in a pot, I would have completely lost it!:lol1: 

I've had a dish called Tinolang manok. It has Chicken, ginger, onion, raw green papaya and seasoning of fish sauce or salt. Also you can have a Chicken Curry, it may be also simpler with coconut milk, onion, garlic, ginger and potato. You can also add carrots. The other thing that you can make is with pork. The pork has to be chunks and mostly fat. I usually boil them only with water and I will wait until the pork cooks in its own. The pork will produce a lot of oil that it get its chunks toasted. I wonder how this will work with you but I think it only works with open fire.

Edited by Alexa

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

I too have a new instant pot and learning to use. It is very annoying to find recipes on internet and then either print, copy or just cook off the website. Would like a cookbook, especially one that helps convert recipes to the instant pot. Any suggestions?

On 1/18/2021 at 9:23 AM, Alexa said:

I've had a dish called Tinolang manok. It has Chicken, ginger, onion, raw green papaya and seasoning of fish sauce or salt. Also you can have a Chicken Curry, it may be also simpler with coconut milk, onion, garlic, ginger and potato. You can also add carrots. The other thing that you can make is with pork. The pork has to be chunks and mostly fat. I usually boil them only with water and I will wait until the pork cooks in its own. The pork will produce a lot of oil that it get its chunks toasted. I wonder how this will work with you but I think it only works with open fire.

I would love to have the Tinolang Manok recipe, including the measurements of the spices.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2021 at 5:56 PM, Naruwa said:

Would like a cookbook, especially one that helps convert recipes to the instant pot. Any suggestions?

The instant pot I have came with a cookbook, within the box.  So your pot purchase did not include a recipe book?

Edited by Omoyeme

there is a site www.instantpot.com   where they have a lot of recipes.   i just tried one last night that didnt work....it was a recipe for a family sized pancake.  but my instantpot just said the food was burning the whole time until i gave up and opened it after 2 hours to see and it was only partially cooked on the bottom and raw on the top.   o well.  other things have turned out great......