JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

One Year of No Knocking for Jehovah's Witnesses: What's the Impact?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1126 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

If this has been posted already, please delete - I didn't see it.  However, this is a fantastic interview - I'm sharing it with everyone!  

Is Casey a sister?...I will say imho yes

Did you listen to the music on the site? ... some of the lyrics could be questionable

My Zoom Chat is Live 9 PM EDT tonight , April 1 - right now

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

7 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Did you listen to the music on the site? ... some of the lyrics could be questionable

My Zoom Chat is Live 9 PM EDT tonight , April 1 - right now

She doesn't seem to be the program director. Many Witnesses work places where everything produced is not exactly Christian- they may even have high rank. Everyone's conscience is different regarding their employment and how much they're involved or have "say so" about what goes on. If she is a sister and produces segments for air, I think she did a great job with this one.. 🤷🏽‍♀️

7 hours ago, Hope said:

She was very respectful in her interview.  She may or may not be a sister... I see no reason why a sister *couldn't* be an executive producer of a media outlet... 

I agree. From noticing the way she interacted with Bro Hendricks, she comes off to me as a very respectful, concerned and professional woman of color. 

The only thing in which a knowledgeable witness would know is that a fleur-de-lis is a French version of christendom's cross. Which seems to be hanging in her kitchen wall in the background. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

5 hours ago, AH173 said:

I agree. From noticing the way she interacted with Bro Hendricks, she comes off to me as a very respectful, concerned and professional woman of color. 

The only thing in which a knowledgeable witness would know is that a fleur-de-lis is a French version of christendom's cross. Which seems to be hanging in her kitchen wall in the background. 

I did a quick search on the internet as well  in our publications and find nothing on fleur-de-lis representing the cross. Do you have a document for this?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

5 hours ago, AH173 said:

Fleur-de-lis is also part of the symbol for the NOLA Saints football team, too. It may be part of the set up for her home office 

2 hours ago, Old said:

I did a quick search on the internet as well  in our publications and find nothing on fleur-de-lis representing the cross. Do you have a document for this?

I did a more in-depth search on the Internet, but I find nothing linking the Fleur-de-lis with the symbol of the cross. Although there are a couple of pictures that definitely make the link...

Spoiler

fleur-de-lis-cross-9s_X.thumb.jpg.11091d2e0fc03f42d94084d72c7cf690.jpg

hollow-scrolled-cross-wall-decor.thumb.jpg.468a99931ff98b7d0c46f63c781093c0.jpg

…most of the references I see link it with French royalty, not with religion.

I am not French (perhaps @Dages or @jplcould intervene here), but I do live in a predominantly French city, and I served for many years in a French congregation. But I never heard of anything that ties a Fleur-de-lis with the cross.

Edited by Sheep

3 hours ago, Hope said:

Fleur-de-lis is also part of the symbol for the NOLA Saints football team, too. It may be part of the set up for her home office 

I am relying on information that I believe was told me my by high school French teacher 3+ decades ago when I was learning the truth. (hearsay) 

If I am incorrect, I apologize. 

Edited by AH173

update

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

17 hours ago, Hope said:

As usual, please avoid the comments section on the video. 

This is no surprise :D 

But an interesting interview. I wish there were more of these than just complaining about apostates about how they are treated. 

No matter how the wind howls the mountain cannot bow to it. 

19 minutes ago, AH173 said:

I am relying on information that I believe was told me my by high school French teacher 3+ decades ago when I was learning the truth. (hearsay) 

If I am incorrect, I apologize. 

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/library/r1/lp-e/all-publications/awake/awake-1976/december-22

fleur-de-lis .jpg

Better link to article. 

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/101976923

1 hour ago, AH173 said:

I was just curious, hadn't heard that before. I see that the heart shape was included in Hislop's book. Many of us oldtimes are still confused by the fact we can use the heart symbol without burning in hell, oops! I guess that was Hislop's idea too.

1 hour ago, AH173 said:

Better link to article. 

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/101976923

Anytthing that cites the Two  Babylons book is a bit behind the times, which is my current speed. :lol: 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Here’s an article concerning Jehovah’s witnesses on the same website.

https://talkdatnola.com/news/spirituality-finds-a-place-in-the-new-school-house-amid-year-long-global-pandemic-981

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.