JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Flooding in Germany

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1003 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Sorry this is happening in your area Fae. :(

But thanks for letting all of us know. How about you and your family, is the flooding near your home? 

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

Thanks @Beggar for the Spirit for asking. The flooding is happening very close to Bonn, where my family lives. We are safe, and grateful for Jehovah's care. We are situated in the higher parts of the river Rhein valley. Our fears are that if the rain continues, there could be a chance of mud/land slides. We hope the forest will prevent that from happening.

It is no longer raining at the moment, but there's more rain in the forecast from 18:00 CEST until tomorrow.

From the convention:

In recent years, disastrous storms are becoming more frequent and severe. What used to be considered extreme — massive floods, killer droughts, and monster snow storms — is the new normal. Many experts now put the blame on human activity that has affected the oceans and the climate. So, yes, men continue to ruin the earth today. But here’s the good news.

During the millennium, by means of his Kingdom, our wise Creator will undo all the damage done by humans. Everything will function in harmony with Jehovah’s principles, and we will learn how to properly care for this beautiful planet. And as we do, everything will be brought back into proper balance, including the climate and the oceans.

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

From one of the news reports Fae listed above:

Armin Laschet, the conservative candidate to succeed Merkel as chancellor and premier of the hard-hit state of North Rhine-Westphalia, blamed the extreme weather on global warming.

From the convention transcripts:

As we saw in our video, the oceans are essential to sustain life on the earth. Sadly, however, greedy men have trashed them with pollution. Global warming has caused ocean levels to rise, threatening coastal areas. Experts are concerned that the natural forces are so out of balance that soon the planet will no longer sustain life.

- Read the Bible daily 

27 minutes ago, Lieblingskind said:

From the convention:

Warmed my heart - thank you! Are you and your family safe?

At the meetings tonight, we were told that some of the friends’ homes were destroyed but none (so far) lost their lives. Pray it stays that way. Worried that the Steinbach dam could break…we’d be in trouble then.

Wow. Stay safe dear! We are on holidays at the moment, but the neighbors said our location is fine. We also checked our video cameras. We are also on higher ground up on the hills away from the devastated  towns. But I am getting lots of messages from friends everywhere, videos sent to me, and the FSGO are checking up on everyone. Last days for sure! Flooding has been hitting Europe quite a bit the past few years. Had my emergency bags recently updated. 

We pray for all those affected. 🙏💕

- Read the Bible daily 

12 minutes ago, Skye said:

Warmed my heart - thank you! Are you and your family safe?

At the meetings tonight, we were told that some of the friends’ homes were destroyed but none (so far) lost their lives. Pray it stays that way. Worried that the Steinbach dam could break…we’d be in trouble then.

Prayers on the way!! 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

I was reading about this on the BBC.  Germany is the worst - at least 70 have died so far. The Netherlands, Belgium and London have also been badly hit with floods.

Stay safe dear sister. My prayers are with all who are in the affected areas. 💜

Rev 11:18

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

These storms were reported In Shanxi China, last week.  Other kinds like these storms in Europe.  The pictures remind me of the bombardments of the 2nd WW, so much devastation everywhere.  Prayers for our dear brothers and their families and their neighbors, bible studies, and those hopefully who's hearts are broken, in all areas affected by the storms, earthquakes, and other disasters currently going on as I write.  

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/18/europe/western-europe-floods-sunday-intl/index.html   ( video )

Enormous scale of destruction is revealed as water subsides after historic western Europe flooding

At least 189 people are dead and hundreds more remain missing after catastrophic flooding hit large swaths of western Europe, with tens of thousands unable to return to their homes and many still left without access to power and drinking water.

First aid for flood victims in North Rhine-Westphalia and Rhineland-Palatinate: Jehovah's Witnesses organize first aid for victims of the flood disaster.

https://www.giessener-zeitung.de/2021/07/19/ersthilfe-fuer-flutopfer-in-nrw-und-rheinland-pfalz-jehovas-zeugen-organisieren-ersthilfe-fuer-opfer-der-flutkatastrophe-nach-tief-bernd/

Flut1-2.jpg?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_t

Over the last couple of days, social media is inundated with people setting up GoFundMe pages, asking where they can take water, feminine hygiene productions, clothes, shoes, shovels etc, with some being rejected….I must say that as JWs, we have a very organized system of passing funds through the worldwide work account and then the necessary help being channeled where it is needed the most.

It’s good to have a current (and local) article that I could use to answer this FAQ about JWs: https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=E&prefer=lang&docid=502013256&par=0.

On 7/15/2021 at 6:00 PM, Skye said:

Worried that the Steinbach dam could break…we’d be in trouble then.

This sounds very dangerous. Would it be possible for those in flood zones to temporarily move to homes of other brothers in non-flood areas...?

All Praises to our God Jehovah!!! 

Those comments of onlookers observing Jehovah servants is quite beautiful,

Who knows how many will perhaps turn to Jehovah because of taking notice of how 

truly loving and supportive Jehovah people are - tomorrow FS group will probably  

share these comments and thoughts - especially the Bethelites.  

Thanks for sharing the link Sofia - I would have missed this one - there are so many

wonderful things that change rapidly on the website!!!  It is ever so hard to keep up :yes: