JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Progenitor, by one of Jehovah's Witnesses

I thought at first it may have been when the canopy, as we thought existed at that time, burst open and fell initially at that spot and caused the huge canyon and thereafter became drops of rain as we know it, but if there was no canopy then that theory would not hold water 😝

it may be something we’ll never know the answer to in this system, but it’s always been a question in my mind of how that could have happened. Not something manmade for certain….

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

9 hours ago, Bruceq said:

There is evidence as presented in the book that a very large fragmenting comet affected the Arctic Circle and the collapse of the atmosphere in that particular area of temperatures under -200 degrees [which is closest to the earth at the North Pole] would have very rapidly freeze not just mammoths but many fauna in that area. The comet in question has remnants around today known as Encke and the Taurid meteor stream which main section affects earth at November 3rd. the approximate time of the Biblical Flood. Scientist {Clube and Napier and others} have stated that the comet had a major breakup as it approached earth about 4400 years ago {cirra 300 yr.} which also corresponds to the date for the Flood. {And of course the holiday Halloween at the same time a memory of the flood} Of the over 500 flood stories many do mention a celestial phenomena or a comet associated with the onset of the flood. And ancient historians also mention what they call the "flood comet". All the evidence for this and much more is in the book.

That does sound like a much better explanation than other ideas I've heard, so I'll have to look into that further, though if the comet that caused the freeze was on the date of the flood, then the mammoths who froze wouldn't have adapted their woolly coats yet, as the pre-flood world was also what Scientists are calling the "greenhouse" world.

The post-flood world conversely is called the "icehouse" world, where we have had many adapted species suddenly appear such as polar bears and musk ox (and for a time, woolly mammoths).

34 minutes ago, bohemian said:

I’m not being critical here, but I would genuinely like to know how the author is qualified to make the claims? Does he have a background in relevant disciplines or is it mostly personal opinions?  🤔

Sorry i am just unlettered and ordinary like most Witnesses. I do not make claims as I was not there and I never went to college but I have studied the Bible and I think I know something about the subject matter. Of course most of this is conjecture but it is fun to study it and the evidence to me seems quite compelling as is the timing and many other evidence all focusing on the Flood as mentioned in the book and it is the compelling evidence that motivated me to want to share it with others. And I have always like having books in print from other authors who are Jehovah's Witnesses to back up our beliefs or give a different slant to whatever the subject matter is. I do have about 200 books dealing with the Global Flood and I have read them all and many of the references in my book are from these sources.

Edited by Bruceq

5 minutes ago, Bruceq said:

Sorry i am just unlettered and ordinary like most Witnesses. I do not make claims as I was not there and I never went to college but I have studied the Bible and I think I know something about the subject matter. Of course most of this is conjecture but it is fun to study it and the evidence to me seems quite compelling as is the timing and many other evidence all focusing on the Flood as mentioned in the book and it is the compelling evidence that motivated me to want to share it with others. And I have always like having books in print from other authors who are Jehovah's Witnesses to back up our beliefs or give a different slant to whatever the subject matter is. I do have about 200 books dealing with the Global Flood and I have read them all and many of the references in my book are from these sources.

Another point of interest that i go into depth in the book is the fact that as for eyewitness accounts all we have is the survivors of the flood. It is their stories that were passed down that resulted in the over 500 stories that are all over the world. What i did in the book is take those stories according to the location of each of the survivors and where they migrated to and then compare each of them with each other and found some very interesting conclusions. {Think of the Chinese whispers game}. There are commonalities in every one of the stories and some of them are extremely interesting as i go into in the book.

10 minutes ago, Bruceq said:

Another point of interest that i go into depth in the book is the fact that as for eyewitness accounts all we have is the survivors of the flood. It is their stories that were passed down that resulted in the over 500 stories that are all over the world. What i did in the book is take those stories according to the location of each of the survivors and where they migrated to and then compare each of them with each other and found some very interesting conclusions. {Think of the Chinese whispers game}. There are commonalities in every one of the stories and some of them are extremely interesting as i go into in the book.

Just one example is the Bible says there was a window in the ark. Now if you were in the ark when the flood began would you be just a bit curious as to what was happening since no one had ever seen a deluge before? I would. And could they perhaps had even seen a comet approaching earth perhaps even days before but they did not know what it was? And what a coincidence that many of the 500 stores for some reason do reference a comet coming and "then" the flood! Is this just a coincidence? A comet would account for many of the mysteries surrounding the deluge including the tilt of the earth, the damage topographically you can see everywhere, the mid-oceanic ridge, and much more such evidence is put forth  related to these questions in a logical coherent matter that seems quite interesting. And i referenced over 200 sources in detail regarding answering many of these questions. 

Edited by Bruceq

4 hours ago, Bruceq said:

A comet would account for many of the mysteries surrounding the deluge including the tilt of the earth, the damage topographically you can see everywhere, the mid-oceanic ridge, and much more 

So possibly that could account for the Grand Canyon. It would take something as powerful to cause that much damage to the earth...

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

• 2 months later...
On 7/22/2021 at 10:32 AM, Friends just call me Ross said:

So, you feel a comet caused the global flood, but Jehovah caused the comet?

On 7/22/2021 at 10:37 AM, Bruceq said:

i have found evidence that he used a comet by perhaps nudging it into an earth crossing orbit. I simply present the evidence for others to ponder.

But doesn't the Bible say that Jehovah opened the floodgates of the heavens? (Gen. 7:11)

Edited by M.J.