JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Catholic Priests are using gay hookup app

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 976 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I can't read the article except for maybe the first two lines. It wants me to subscribe. But here's what I see:

Grindr.PNG.e0fbadedbc6eb574d2026a942f4f69fa.PNG

:omg: I've never heard of that app. But after doing a simple search, now I know what it is. I never thought...

Edited by Sheep

Catholic Officials on Edge After Reports of Priests Using Grindr

·          

·          

Liam Stack

Fri, August 20, 2021, 8:11 AM

In this article:

·          

·         Priesthood in the Catholic Church

Main ordination status in the Catholic Church

Explore the topics mentioned in this article

The Cathedral Basilica of the Sacred Heart in Newark, N.J., on March 26, 2020. (Bryan Anselm/The New York Times)

The reports hit the Roman Catholic Church in rapid succession: Analyses of cellphone data obtained by a conservative Catholic blog seemed to show priests at multiple levels of the Catholic hierarchy in both the United States and the Vatican using the gay hookup app Grindr. 

The first report, published late last month, led to the resignation of Monsignor Jeffrey Burrill, the former general secretary of the U.S. bishops’ conference. The second, posted online days later, made claims about the use of Grindr by unnamed people in unspecified rectories in the Archdiocese of Newark, New Jersey. The third, published days after that, claimed that in 2018 at least 32 mobile devices emitted dating app data signals from within areas of Vatican City that are off-limits to tourists.

The reports by the blog, The Pillar, have unnerved the leadership of the American Catholic Church and have introduced a potentially powerful new weapon into the culture war between supporters of Pope Francis and his conservative critics: cellphone data, which many users assume to be unavailable to the general public.

Edited by Shawnster

Do not post entire articles. Excerpts inly

At 77 - Is he even still on TV? 

Personally, I never watched his show 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

10 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

It could be worse by being hook on Jerry Springer Show.

I watched his show.. Its funny. 

10 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

It could be worse by being hook on Jerry Springer Show.

I watched it when i was not jw back then.. its horrible .. maybe some of the stories are lies so that they can get good ratings 

7 hours ago, JennyM said:

I watched his show.. Its funny. 

I watched it when i was not jw back then.. its horrible .. maybe some of the stories are lies so that they can get good ratings 

Yes, some are lies and stage fights too. It is all about money sis. Nice hearing from you.

5 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

some are lies

I have a handful of former worldly associates that made up a story just to get on Springer. The whole thing was a lie. They had to practice it so that it even fooled the producers.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

1 hour ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

I have a handful of former worldly associates that made up a story just to get on Springer. The whole thing was a lie. They had to practice it so that it even fooled the producers.

Maybe I can go on there by saying that I was kidnapped by aliens from Mars.