JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A New JW.org Homepage

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 922 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Here it is: https://www.jw.org/en/recent-feature-articles/

This article relates to it: https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/global/Timely-Home-Page-Articles-on-JWORG-Yield-Positive-Results/

If my number right, this site is being visited 584 Million times a year.

Edited by Dismal_Bliss

Fixed link

As far as I understand, the "Home Page" is the page you get when you visit https://www.jw.org/ - the one that is linked to the "Home" button

image.thumb.png.c3efbab7761ab34433ec7faad0907262.png

Which is where I end up when I go to jw.org

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Yes, the "See More" will take you to the "Recently Featured on the Home Page" link (the page linked in the OP) - but that is not the actual "Home Page" any more than the other links on the Home Page are .... if I understand the term "Home Page" correctly

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

37 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Yes, the "See More" will take you to the "Recently Featured on the Home Page" link (the page linked in the OP) - but that is not the actual "Home Page" any more than the other links on the Home Page are .... if I understand the term "Home Page" correctly

Yes. That is my understanding of "home page" too. It's the place you arrive at when you type "jw.org," without anything else, in the address bar. The link in the OP has lots of other stuff at the end.

Edited by Sheep

The technical aspect of the "home page" is diluted a little in the descriptive title of the new feature.

One, the new feature button IS on the "Home Page" just like all of the other "Home Page" items.

Two, the description that JW.ORG gives this select is "Recently Featured on the Home Page"

So it is not entirely inaccurate.  The selection is found on the "Home Page" and it opens to "Home Page" articles...💗

A few weeks ago, one of our Pioneer sisters was sharing how she used the main articles in her letters.  She wold select one and write about it and ask a question.  then she would direct the recipient to our website to read more.  But the articles change every couple of weeks.  So she reads one and studies it, selects the points she wants to use and then assembles her witnessing letter.

We meet early (6 am) for service on Wednesday.  It is conducted b our Service Overseer. I pointed out that by the tie she is online writing with us the article had been up for a week.  When she finished her letter and gets it mailed way out there in te rural area it takes a while to get it to the addressee.  Sometimes in our local postal system, the mail goes to several sorting location several hundred miles away.  Delivery times can be a week.  So by the time the housholder receives the letter, takes time to read it and eventually decides to go to our website, the cited article has been removed.

Our Pioneer sister was going to try to put in a note about using the "Search" box at the top of the page.  Now she can say, "Just click on the 'see more' button."

Problem solved.