JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What is your favorite workout?

10 hours ago, Michelle81 said:

I love long walks outside when the weather permits. 

Me too. I started doing that at the beginning of the pandemic, figuring I wasn't going to get much exercise isolating at home. So I just made a point to stay away from fellow humans (who might be contaminated with the virus), and walk. I never run though, or jog. But a good, brisk walk; moving along as fast as I can without breaking in to a gallop. That's enough to get the heart pumping faster than it normally would, and strengthen the legs and everything else.

However, I'm not so sure that eating chocolate is a good way to work off some pounds... pondering-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif.c175e9a1f7cd7cfa06a9657eedc93f4b.gif

Edited by Sheep

I like to work out in the yard, and I like to work out in the shop in my garage. I also work out in the storage shed in the back yard. I work outside a lot so it's probably my favorite place to work.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Spoiler

https://www.ted.com/talks/matt_walker_sleep_is_your_superpower?rid=ZtDHXYuKmNG2

At my age, getting 6 hours of sleep at night is a gargantuan exercise in futility. That is unless I go to a nearby recreation spot where I do a bit of incline walking. It helps to bring down my blood sugar as well as my cholesterol. I can't climb stairs on account of my bad knees so my doctor advised me to use a treadmill.

https://www.veincenteratiowaheart.com/blog/5-benefits-to-incline-walking/

1. Cardiovascular Fitness
   To get the most out of your cardio workouts, your heart rate should be about 60 to 80 percent of your maximum heart rate

Incline walking provides a stretch to the Achilles tendons and calves, which can benefit people with foot problems like plantar fasciitis. Walking at an incline can also aggravate lower back pain. People who are experiencing pain in this area should reduce the incline and build up their workout slowly as the back muscles begin to strengthen. 

For me weight lifting, pilates, going up and down 4 flights of stairs several times wearing headsets listening to music, HIIT workouts and am a fan of bike riding. Stretching is important too! I don’t mind going for a walk, but not on rainy days, and have to wear my hiking shoes.

- Read the Bible daily 

The chariot is moving ❤️‍🔥

Ps.86:11

19 hours ago, Michelle81 said:

I like Arnold  Schwarzenegger's workout. 

Looking and contemplating at the Bench press for 5 min ... then slowly turning away saying "I'll be back"  :lol1:(Just add Austrian accent) 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

16 hours ago, Lieblingskind said:

For me weight lifting, pilates, going up and down 4 flights of stairs several times wearing headsets listening to music, HIIT workouts and am a fan of bike riding. Stretching is important too! I don’t mind going for a walk, but not on rainy days, and have to wear my hiking shoes.

I enjoy weight lifting and HIIT also Brittany. :) I've never tried pilates.  I ran for years and recently quit.  I think it's bad for joint health long term so I've been doing a lot more cross-training.

Edited by Michelle81

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t like to work out but I prefer weight lifting over any type of exercise and used to be heavily involved in weight lifting/body building. I prefer the type of shape it gets me in verses the shape running or other types of cardio gets me in. I think resistance training is best for my body type, at least aesthetically.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...