JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Highlighting/Marking content using JW App

Good morning

Good afternoon and Good evening from where you're located 😊

I want to highlight content in the JW App. 

When looking up the Gems for example, I am unable to highlight.

I've attached the screenshot here.**

Thank you for taking the time to help me. 

**Can't add the screenshot 😥

Maybe this video will help you — "Tips for Using JW Library"
https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=share&wtlocale=E&lank=pub-mwbv_202109_3_VIDEO

If you feel it's an app error, you can make a backup of your bookmarks and then reinstall the app. That might fix the problem.

My English is not very good, so if you see my mistakes, please tell me in the DM

Thank you for your feedback. How can I attach the screenshot here? The "Add Files" doesn't allow me..

Thank you 

2 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Good morning

Good afternoon and Good evening from where you're located 😊

I want to highlight content in the JW App. 

When looking up the Gems for example, I am unable to highlight.

I've attached the screenshot here.**

Thank you for taking the time to help me. 

**Can't add the screenshot 😥

1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

Thank you for your feedback. How can I attach the screenshot here? The "Add Files" doesn't allow me..

Thank you 

Since a screenshot is a form of "picture" (usually a JPG, PNG or BMP file), you can select the box at the bottom of the page (the one that says "drag files here" and either select "choose files" and locate the file name and click it or you can make the JW Talk screen into a half age size and find the file on your computer desktop and "drag" it with your mouse to place in the gray box.

I choose a file for a sample.  It is a JPG file. then click submit.

I went and made a screenshot of this page and then added it to the box below. It is a PNG file.

tips.JPG

Screenshot (52).png

Screenshot_20211222-132721.thumb.jpg.a81a65ae176507c2e958d93be4b09748.jpg

I managed to attach the screenshot!!!

It was the phone's permission settings 😂 

So this is what happens when I try to highlight directly from the Gems section. What is directly visible from the Gems (not clicking the actual displayed publication yet)

Otherwise when clicking the publication directly, it will allow me to highlight. 

But the highlight won't show in the Gems section..😔

Edited by Twinkle

Layout/Phrasing

1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

So this is what happens when I try to highlight directly from the Gems section. What is directly visible from the Gems (not clicking the actual displayed publication yet)

Otherwise when clicking the publication directly, it will allow me to highlight. 

That's the "right pane" that Karin referred to...

3 hours ago, MCTDonna said:

You can only highlight in the left pane not in the one on the right

On a PC, highlighting can only happen in the left pane. You cannot highlight in the right pane.

On mobile in portrait mode, it switches between left pane and right pane, but on Android you can turn your phone sideways and the app will reorient itself and show both left and right panes. Maybe your Apple device will too. You still won't be able to highlight in the right pane, but this might help illustrate what we are talking about. 

The right pane is basically a "quick reference" pane. They are supplemental to the publication that is currently open in the left pane.... such as the Ministry Workbook. If you want to highlight the scripture or publication in the "quick reference" pane, you will have to click on the heading above it to be taken to the publication directly, as you've already figured out.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

10 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Not to go too far "off topic", but what ever happened to Underlining?

Highlighting doesn't work very well when I invert colors for print clarity with my bad eyes.

I hope underlining is reintroduced, and if more options could be added would also be nice.