JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JWLibrary needs an undo button.

It is so frustrating, you are highlighting comments in the WT and you make a wrong move and the whole article is suddenly highlighted.

And there isn't a button to undo it.

Has this ever happened to you?
Is there something you can do about it?
Is there an undo button that I might not know of?

Really hope one of the future updates brings such an option.

Not sure if this will help:

This is what I see when I go to highlight

image.png.e9ecb734c628ed55bf8ea2e2534de8bc.png

I select a color and it is highlighted

image.png.a44c320682d6bd6a5e4cf5c5198fa6c7.png

Now, if I want to turn the highlight off I simply click on the highlighted text

image.thumb.png.0faa7df2136c9f54febf7bd02c1f942c.png

If I select the trashcan it turns the highlight back off

image.png.8c8174612368e8225fe7d981220c0741.png

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

28 minutes ago, Qapla said:

Not sure if this will help

This sure is a good reminder.

The situation I'm referring to is where you highlighted this:

Screenshot_20220306-003622.thumb.jpg.268f382b67b73a4d775735160e925950.jpgNext, you make a bad move and the whole paragraph/article gets highlighted by mistake: 

Screenshot_20220306-003651.thumb.jpg.054d79ca02a59ed6375af497c208f71c.jpgAs far as I know there isn't a way to just undo it, and get the result of the first picture back. You would need to delete the entire highlighted paragraph and do it all over again. 😤😣

Just to be clear, if I have to do it over for 1 paragraph I really don't mind. But if I make a mistake and it covers the whole article, that is when I really feel the need for the undo button.

Now that you explained it - you are right ... as far as I know there is no way to get back highlights you cover up with a new color (or even the same color) if you actually highlight over something already highlighted

An undo button would be nice.

Edited by Qapla

• 8 months later...
On 3/5/2022 at 7:48 PM, Br. Ice said:

It is so frustrating, you are highlighting comments in the WT and you make a wrong move and the whole article is suddenly highlighted.

And there isn't a button to undo it.

Has this ever happened to you?

Yes. Last night I was adding a highlight after I had finished studying for the CBS, the entire lesson highlighted and when I deleted it, i lost all of my highlights.

WHQ, we really need an Undo button in JWL....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Yes. Last night I was adding a highlight after I had finished studying for the CBS, the entire lesson highlighted and when I deleted it, i lost all of my highlights.

A year old thread becomes much more important when it happens to you personally...😀❤️

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

My mom had that with Psalm 119... Oops 😬

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2022 at 5:11 PM, Tortuga said:

Not the highlights alone but the notes connected to the marked text, too. I backup my study project every week. So I can restore my highlights and comments no later than some days.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2022 at 10:08 PM, Qapla said:

Not sure if this will help:

John, sorry for hijacking this conversation, but this is the closest topic I could find to my question:

I know there must be a way to "undo" it when I've downloaded a Broadcast in 240 and really want to "delete" it so that I can download it in a higher resolution--like 720p instead.

I just can't find a way to do it. Do you know how?

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

If you look at the video thumbnail is should look something like this

image.png.5dfc607e65309572382b1434685bcaf5.png

See the three little dots in the upper right of the thumbnail

image.png.e655ecb22a84a1e645aa5636077a569e.png

if you click on those three dots, you should see a menu like this

image.png.84c70e140008524b19cb4a65c5eb0497.png

Clicking on "Delete" should delete the video and allow you to d/l the video again