JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Implanting microchips in people as early as next year?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 838 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

8 hours ago, Michelle81 said:

I'm not sure I find it terrifying as long as it is not forced on people. :)

I don't understand very well what this chip does. As with all new technology, I guess it will be very immature and buggy at first, then it will gradually improved.

If it's true that this chip can restore full-body functionality in people with cord spinal injuries, then it's great news. If I were in that situation I would definitely be willing to try it. If you don't like it, it can always be removed easily. Even if that function doesn't work yet I guess the idea of controlling devices with your thoughts would be extremely useful for people who cannot move or even speak.

Actually, far from sounding terrifying, it actually sounds terrific.

From the article....

But, exactly why is this happening? 

Elon Musk refers to Neuralink’s implant as “profound” as it could possibly provide a solution to help individuals with spinal cord injuries revive their health by obtaining full-body functionality.

“We hope to have this in our first humans — which will be people that have severe spinal-cord injuries like tetraplegics, quadriplegics — next year, pending FDA approval,” Elon Musk said.

He continued: “I think we have a chance of being able to allow someone who cannot walk or use their arms to be able to walk again.”

So it could provide awesome medical benefits for those who need it. It would a niche-use device prescribed for a medical reason. Nothing to fear like the fancy fiction Christendom dreams up from misinterpreting certain Bible passages 😉

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

1 hour ago, carlos said:

I'm not sure I find it terrifying as long as it is not forced on people. :)

I don't understand very well what this chip does. As with all new technology, I guess it will be very immature and buggy at first, then it will gradually improved.

Article says the goal is to help paralyzed people get mobility back.  I imagine one could use a microchip neural port to operate an artificial arm or leg.  Or use the neural link along with the internet of things and turn on a light, control a TV, send text messages.... 

Some of us who are star trek fans may recall this scene about data (the android):

"Whenever I think about chip implantation in the brain, ‘Data’, the anatomically fully functional android of Star Trek, set in the 24th century, peeps into my imagination. An emotion chip created for Data was mistakenly implanted in Lore – Data’s brother, instead.

Data’s desire to achieve humanity, however, continues. After acquiring it from Lore, Data began using the emotion chip a few years later. And he would experience fear for the first time. Later Data even removed the chip completely in situations where emotions would be a hindrance. So, the possibilities are limitless!"

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/opinion/panorama/elon-musk-and-chips-in-human-brains-1063995.html

Edited by WilliamChew

1 minute ago, Thesauron said:

I thought they did that already when they vaccinated everybody…. emoji23.png

No, those were tracking chips. Now that the updated chip allows mind control a new variant was introduced to force booster shots with the updated chip...

:lol1::lol1:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

No, those were tracking chips. Now that the updated chip allows mind control a new variant was introduced to force booster shots with the updated chip...
:lol1::lol1:

Oh, right, those were tracking chips… Do I still need my phone to track me?

It also does its form of mind control, come to think of it.

Perhaps an implanted chip will do it better?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

11 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

But why to worry...? :whistling:The chip was tested on a monkey..LOL :lol1:

I'm a big Elon Musk fan.  I watched the demonstration of the neuralink chip live.  I've also worked in electronics, telecommunications, and IT, so I have somewhat of an understanding of the technology.  It was tested on a pig.  And it tracks the pigs neural signals as it walked on a treadmill.  It recorded those exact signals. so they could be mimicked on a pig that's paralyzed.  Theoretically, that's how you can help paralyzed people gain mobility.  Record a normal man walking, then mimick the correct neurons firing and make those neurons fire in a paralyzed man.  Theoretically, you could cause the correct neurons to fire for eyesight or hearing also.  But knowing what to do and doing it are 2 different things.  Elon stated that during the demonstration.

7 of 9 people think that neural networking is a good idea and will readily comply...comply...comply...

star trek voyager GIF

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

7 of 9 people think that neural networking is a good idea and will readily comply...comply...comply...

I am deeply infavor of these chips, even moreso now that I have one.

I get a report on my system every 30 days. The latest report says I am a male german shepherd, 7 years old, have had all my shots, answer to the name of Jerry, live in Omack Washington at XXXXX  XXst, phone 541555 1212. Reward for return.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

5 minutes ago, Old said:

I am deeply infavor of these chips, even moreso now that I have one.

I get a report on my system every 30 days. The latest report says I am a male german shepherd, 7 years old, have had all my shots, answer to the name of Jerry, live in Omack Washington at XXXXX  XXst, phone 541555 1212. Reward for return.

Aren't those firmware updates wonderful?  It's like a game guessing who or what you'll be next...

4 hours ago, Janet Hart said:

This is a funny topic. I love the Star Trek references. I must say....I am a little disappointed that the vaccine didn't make me magnetic. I was really looking forward to that. Seems helpful. Oh well...... (My attempt at being funny.....)

I would rather light up light bulbs with my injection site... 

20 hours ago, coolbrz731 said:

I'm a big Elon Musk fan.  I watched the demonstration of the neuralink chip live.  I've also worked in electronics, telecommunications, and IT, so I have somewhat of an understanding of the technology.  It was tested on a pig.  And it tracks the pigs neural signals as it walked on a treadmill.  It recorded those exact signals. so they could be mimicked on a pig that's paralyzed.  Theoretically, that's how you can help paralyzed people gain mobility.  Record a normal man walking, then mimick the correct neurons firing and make those neurons fire in a paralyzed man.  Theoretically, you could cause the correct neurons to fire for eyesight or hearing also.  But knowing what to do and doing it are 2 different things.  Elon stated that during the demonstration.

The idea sounds quite simple,factual and agreable.there are far more terrifying procedures in medicine actually.no wonder It is believed that only the brave can study medicine,i dont know how true that is because I think that passion and purpose are  the forerunners.

I think neuralink is an awesome breakthrough,no need to have any fears really.

Im only hoping that it gets sufficiently affordable.

As a trained Orthotist and prosthetist, I clearly understand the misery of patients living with various degrees of spinal cord deformities,so from my experience,I think what is actually terrifying is to be diagnosed with a disorder that does not have a cure.