JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Conversation starters for service📃🖊

Hello everyone. 

I am looking for Bible one liner jokes or interesting topics to start up a conversation in service. 

Sometimes people leave our service group because no one talks and I want something interesting everytime I go I service.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions :)

Yesterday in the early morning service group I used Bro Carlos' question as to why the concubine was not treated as a guest.  All 9 started talking at the same time.  I do use questions/conversation bits n pieces from this forum for conversation pieces when it gets too quiet in the service group.  Thanks for post.  

A sister recently told me that her mother's congregation has a lot of support for the midweek meeting for service. The brothers conducting will stop the group around 11 and play an original song for everyone. It's a mental break. Sometimes they do a quick game or riddle. 

I plan to try that next week and play a short funny video.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

14 hours ago, Tortuga said:

plan to try that next week and play a short funny video.

https://jwtalk.net/topic/1085-youtube-classics-post-a-video-any-video/?do=findComment&comment=854665

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

21 hours ago, Good-O said:

Yesterday in the early morning service group I used Bro Carlos' question as to why the concubine was not treated as a guest.  All 9 started talking at the same time.  I do use questions/conversation bits n pieces from this forum for conversation pieces when it gets too quiet in the service group.  Thanks for post.  

Ahhh yes, I'll do that. Thank you 👍

Hello everyone. 
I am looking for Bible one liner jokes or interesting topics to start up a conversation in service. 
Sometimes people leave our service group because no one talks and I want something interesting everytime I go I service.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions :)

Well this isn’t a Bible one liner but when we met for our Saturday morning FS, I had a banana and coffee. So I thought, why don’t I ask a general question to wake everyone up. I said “Friends, how do you open a banana?”

Of course, it was early, I don’t think anyone had coffee, juice or anything else before meeting! They just stared at me.

This one sister said, “You don’t open a banana, you peel it.”

Ok, I excused my error and said..Ok, peel a banana!

One of the Elders said….from the bottom! I said excellent and how did you know that? He said, I didn’t, my wife said that. Ok so his wife and I were the only ones that knew this, why?
We both agreed that we saw monkeys peel them from the bottom. I saw it on the Discovery Channel and i think she did also. I’ve been peeling my bananas from the bottom ever since I saw that episode!

I think that reflection about NOT OPEN, PEEL distracted everyone else that didn’t have a clue.

But anyway, it was fun for about 2 minutes!

Voni in NC

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

On 1/16/2022 at 11:47 PM, walkr2 said:

Well this isn’t a Bible one liner but when we met for our Saturday morning FS, I had a banana and coffee. So I thought, why don’t I ask a general question to wake everyone up. I said “Friends, how do you open a banana?”

Of course, it was early, I don’t think anyone had coffee, juice or anything else before meeting! They just stared at me.

This one sister said, “You don’t open a banana, you peel it.”

Ok, I excused my error and said..Ok, peel a banana!

One of the Elders said….from the bottom! I said excellent and how did you know that? He said, I didn’t, my wife said that. Ok so his wife and I were the only ones that knew this, why?
We both agreed that we saw monkeys peel them from the bottom. I saw it on the Discovery Channel and i think she did also. I’ve been peeling my bananas from the bottom ever since I saw that episode!

I think that reflection about NOT OPEN, PEEL distracted everyone else that didn’t have a clue.

But anyway, it was fun for about 2 minutes!emoji23.png

Voni in NC

That's funny! Thank you for sharing