JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

QUESTION: Does anyone remember this experience.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 827 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I’m trying to find an experience from Russia, I think, where the authorities had planted literature in an oven in a publisher house. A friend had came in the back door to leave a cake, opened the oven and saw the literature, took it and left.  Authorities were shocked not to find the literature when they went to kitchen to do their search, but found a cake in the oven instead of the literature.  Another sister and I were sharing this with others but cant recall where we heard it. 

I remember hearing this I think in a zone talk (or some other big link-up at least, maybe even an annual meeting) and it was related as being in an unnamed Eastern European country (implied to be Russia) and the literature was a bible teach book. I’m very dubious of experiences like this unless they are in print (which I hope someone finds that this one is). 

Turns out I’d asked this same question and forgotten I’d even asked it: 

3 hours ago, A Witness Of Jah said:

I remember hearing this I think in a zone talk (or some other big link-up at least, maybe even an annual meeting) and it was related as being in an unnamed Eastern European country (implied to be Russia) and the literature was a bible teach book. I’m very dubious of experiences like this unless they are in print (which I hope someone finds that this one is). 

Turns out I’d asked this same question and forgotten I’d even asked it: 

Maybe Sr. Connie is quoting you? (from 2 years ago)...🙂

I am thinking it might prove difficult to find a confirmed source for this experience in our publications. I remember hearing this in one of the good ol' circulated talks, too. My understanding is that this incident was mentioned to have happened in Poland while the country was behind the Iron Curtain.

Skimmed through yb94 that considers the Polish theocratic history, but didn't immediately find anything remotely similar (https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/301994018?q=poland&p=par).

Edited by LoneWanderer

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29