JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Brotherly Love Prevails Amid Ongoing Crisis in Ukraine

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 728 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/ukraine/Brotherly-Love-Prevails-Amid-Ongoing-Crisis-in-Ukraine/

image.thumb.png.72eb2c93490c781e99afd5a5a2daa6b8.png

It's good that the Ukrainians Witnesses are remaining calm and still smiling despite the gravity of the situation they are facing. I'm sure they are all the more focused on meditating on God's word and appreciating the significance of Bible prophecies happening before their eyes.

Edited by happiness IS

The BBC & ITV this morning had a report from Poland similar to the photo on the post above. The reporter particularly mentioned JWs offering comfort and help and showed the JW.org signs 

telegram-cloud-photo-size-4-5843429012414773195-y.thumb.jpg.2deb97c3013134f80dbaeac4ff8d2624.jpg

Edited by Julie

Some minds are like concrete ...all mixed up and permanently set! 😁

56 minutes ago, pnutts said:

I remembered seeing this on Global National news the other day. Shows love in action.

JW Poland.jpg

I would have a hard time resisting that Ramen place

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

Update:

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/ukraine/UPDATE-Brotherly-Love-Prevails-Amid-Ongoing-Crisis-in-Ukraine-2/

UPDATE | Brotherly Love Prevails Amid Ongoing Crisis in Ukraine

In areas affected by heavy fighting, such as Mariupol, there is no electricity or heating, and telephone and Internet communication has been interrupted. The windows in many homes have been destroyed. Supplies of food and water are running short. More than 2,500 brothers and sisters remain trapped in Mariupol. In a few cities, such as Bucha, Chernihiv, Hostomel, Irpin, Kyiv, and Sumy, “corridors” were opened, allowing some people to evacuate. This has enabled dozens of our brothers and sisters to flee to safer places.

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 minute ago, Sofia said:

Update:

https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/ukraine/UPDATE-Brotherly-Love-Prevails-Amid-Ongoing-Crisis-in-Ukraine-2/

UPDATE | Brotherly Love Prevails Amid Ongoing Crisis in Ukraine

In areas affected by heavy fighting, such as Mariupol, there is no electricity or heating, and telephone and Internet communication has been interrupted. The windows in many homes have been destroyed. Supplies of food and water are running short. More than 2,500 brothers and sisters remain trapped in Mariupol. In a few cities, such as Bucha, Chernihiv, Hostomel, Irpin, Kyiv, and Sumy, “corridors” were opened, allowing some people to evacuate. This has enabled dozens of our brothers and sisters to flee to safer places.

Note to self : add kevlar plates in Go-bag

• 2 weeks later...

Just been published now: https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=702022160&srcid=share

Heartwarming ❤️ 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”