JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Getting Really Old in Satan’s World—Another shooting.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 753 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Many have been wounded and some died in a shooting in California. 
   According to the article:

The Sacramento Police Department announced in a tweet that officers at the scene “located at least 15 (now 16) shooting victims, including 6 who are deceased,” in the early morning mass shooting.

Lester said it wasn’t immediately clear if the victims were deliberately targeted or how many gunmen were involved.

https://www.lawofficer.com/16-people-gunned-down-sacramento-mass-shooting-6-dead/

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Oh my, that is just behind the Capital building, next to a rose garden that we like going to. It's also just a couple of blocks from where we use to have our Regional Convention.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Oh my, that is just behind the Capital building, next to a rose garden that we like going to. It's also just a couple of blocks from where we use to have our Regional Convention.

I was thinking about any California friends on this site while working on posting this.

Yiktes! That’s scary! 😳

2 minutes ago, Loopy said:

I was thinking about any California friends on this site while working on posting this.

It was at 02:00 in the morning and that area is primarily bars and nightclubs, so I don't think you have to worry about any California friends...:whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

It was at 02:00 in the morning and that area is primarily bars and nightclubs, so I don't think you have to worry about any California friends...:whistling:

It may have been gang related. 

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Ah huh! Right. 🥰

Someone apparently reported hearing automatic weapon fire. There are also reports of weapon fire in separate areas shooting at each other. 

When I first saw the title of the thread

Getting Really Old in Satan’s World

I thought it was going to be about age and dealing with the consequences of still being alive and of "special mightiness" ... until I saw the part about "another shooting"

Hotel Transylvania Reaction GIF

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

20 hours ago, Loopy said:

Yiktes! That’s scary! 😳

Glad that didn't happen back when we were in Sacramento for the Regional Convention, hey? :( 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Just now, Friends just call me Ross said:

Glad that didn't happen back when we were in Sacramento for the Regional Convention, hey? :( 

O my! Yes. Wish I could remember that far back where the place we had it was. 🥺 

Things sure have changed in he last what? 30-40 years. 

6 hours ago, Loopy said:

O my! Yes. Wish I could remember that far back where the place we had it was. 🥺 

Things sure have changed in he last what? 30-40 years. 

Well, come to think of it...we did come under a different kind of fire than gunfire, when our hotel had the brushfire burning in its back yard. 🤔

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

If I remember there was a chain link fence there in the back.

I don’t think they put it there to stop 🛑 any threat of fire of reaching the hotel. 🤣

The police have arrested two suspects. Dandrae & Smilely Martin. Fleshly brothers...