JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

2 hours ago, Dhanyel said:

More details in aljazeera

UN secretary-general invokes Article 99 on Gaza

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/12/7/un-secretary-general-invokes-article-99-on-gaza

This action from Guterres is a clear message to USA. They hold the veto power that has prevented any action of the UNSC in this subject. Biden already phoned Netanyahu today.

Edited by Sofia

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

Chat gpt should be spanked!

Me : Jehovah’s witnesses say that religion as a whole will be destroyed by UN and its nations. What changes would be needed for it to happen in a hypothetical future situation?

Answer : 

The notion that the UN and its nations would destroy religion is not grounded in current international principles or practices. Any hypothetical situation where such a significant shift occurs would require fundamental changes that currently seem unlikely, considering the principles of international law and human rights. Here are hypothetical changes that could be needed for a situation where religion, as a whole, is targeted by the UN and its nations:

1. **Global Legal Changes:** There would need to be a radical transformation in international law, with new treaties and agreements explicitly targeting religions. This would be a departure from the existing framework that upholds freedom of religion and belief as a fundamental human right.

2. **UN Charter Amendment:** A significant amendment to the UN Charter would be necessary to grant the organization the authority to take actions against religions collectively. This would be a substantial departure from the current Charter, which emphasizes respect for the principle of sovereign equality of all its members.

3. **Global Consensus:** Achieving a global consensus among UN member states to support such actions would be a formidable challenge. Many nations strongly value freedom of religion and would likely oppose any attempt to undermine this fundamental right.

4. **Shift in Values:** A significant shift in global values and priorities would be required, with a widespread rejection of the principles of religious freedom and acceptance of an alternative worldview that views religion as a threat to be eliminated.

5. **Effective Enforcement Mechanisms:** The hypothetical situation would necessitate the establishment of effective enforcement mechanisms capable of implementing and maintaining the proposed changes globally.

It's crucial to note that the idea of the UN or its nations collectively targeting and destroying religion contradicts the principles of international law, human rights, and the foundational values of many nations. The protection of religious freedom is enshrined in various international agreements, and any move to undermine this right would face substantial legal, political, and ethical challenges. The scenario described aligns more with speculative fiction than plausible future developments.

44 minutes ago, Hotteok said:

Me : Jehovah’s witnesses say that religion as a whole will be destroyed by UN and its nations. What changes would be needed for it to happen in a hypothetical future situation?

Answer : 

The notion that the UN and its nations would destroy religion is not grounded in current international principles or practices. Any hypothetical situation where such a significant shift occurs would require fundamental changes that currently seem unlikely, considering the principles of international law and human rights. Here are hypothetical changes that could be needed for a situation where religion, as a whole, is targeted by the UN and its nations:

1. **Global Legal Changes:** There would need to be a radical transformation in international law, with new treaties and agreements explicitly targeting religions. This would be a departure from the existing framework that upholds freedom of religion and belief as a fundamental human right.

2. **UN Charter Amendment:** A significant amendment to the UN Charter would be necessary to grant the organization the authority to take actions against religions collectively. This would be a substantial departure from the current Charter, which emphasizes respect for the principle of sovereign equality of all its members.

3. **Global Consensus:** Achieving a global consensus among UN member states to support such actions would be a formidable challenge. Many nations strongly value freedom of religion and would likely oppose any attempt to undermine this fundamental right.

4. **Shift in Values:** A significant shift in global values and priorities would be required, with a widespread rejection of the principles of religious freedom and acceptance of an alternative worldview that views religion as a threat to be eliminated.

5. **Effective Enforcement Mechanisms:** The hypothetical situation would necessitate the establishment of effective enforcement mechanisms capable of implementing and maintaining the proposed changes globally.

It's crucial to note that the idea of the UN or its nations collectively targeting and destroying religion contradicts the principles of international law, human rights, and the foundational values of many nations. The protection of religious freedom is enshrined in various international agreements, and any move to undermine this right would face substantial legal, political, and ethical challenges. The scenario described aligns more with speculative fiction than plausible future developments.

Did you expect an answer that would make it seem plausible? 

Dance. Even if there's no music. 

Dance Dancing GIF by binibambini

52 minutes ago, Hotteok said:

Answer : 

Actually, those are something that I revisited the book of Revelation many times. Gladly, I am happy that there are something in details how the Wild Beast will act soon. First, the Ten Horns will hate the Harlot along with the Wild Beast. Also, Ten Horns will give their power and authority to the Wild Beast. It means, these Ten Horns are not simply nations without influence since Rev. 18 tells us that some of the kings will weep because of their close relationship with Harlot.

Most of these nations will weep are Islamic Nations were founded based on Islamic principle like Shariah Law.

I sense the major pressure will be coming from the most influential and powerful nations that already hate the Harlot, we already know who they are. The devastation of the Harlot is so swift, means no need for Wild Beast to change th UN Charter. This can be done on immediate and collective decision of Security Council (I expect major change of UN SC structure soon).

In addition to Harlot, she is a mother of the harlots who is the only one sitting on the Wild Beast. So, it makes me think that only all major religions with UN access and privileges will receive a direct attack from the Wild Beast. All other harlots will suffer later.

Well, they are only my ideas that come to my mind... never mind it. Still Jehovah will carry out His thought.

Edited by Richie

37 minutes ago, Dages said:

Those who still use and take chatgpt seriously should be spanked :D

Well, then I guess I should pick my cane because chatGPT is my Dr. Nefario and my coding buddy. 😁😁

I use it for EVERYTHING school related!!!

Edited by Kwabena

57 minutes ago, Dages said:

I appreciate ChatGPT, it's saved me a lot of $$$'s (coding an app that I use to pay a monthly fee for) and it has simplified my work flow.

Also, I find it good for summarizing or explaining long winded whitepapers and technical documents.

You just have to work within its limitations and expect hallucinations. Check and check again. 🙂

42 minutes ago, Kwabena said:

Well, then I guess I should pick my cane because chatGPT is my Dr. Nefario and my coding buddy. 😁😁

I use it for EVERYTHING school related!!!

Amen brother.  I just used chatgpt to solve the problem of why a customer's SQL statement was getting an error.  In plain english, he had bad data.  Non numeric values in the date field.  This allowed me to bypass the bad info and get the script working

image.png.3f38bf8490b5c0a237a16e389f0e776a.png

Back on topic...

I think everything AI and human will be dazed and confused trying to figure out how what happened to religion happened.  It'll be sudden and caused by Jehovah.

Edited by coolbrz731

This is why Rev. 16:15 mentions that true Christians should keep awake. Keep their garments.

BTG destruction seems impossible specially after the frog like propaganda.

Its Jehovah that puts in their minds His own will at the proper time. 
There are already ideas at UN going in backstage. Nothing is leaking to media. So the end of BTG will be sudden and unexpected at Jehovah s time. Not before. 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

29 minutes ago, SteveAus said:

You just have to work within its limitations and expect hallucinations. Check and check again. 

I think in the great tribulation we're going to see how people will be using some of these AI tools for propaganda. They've even started. People are not making AI depiction of war crimes in the israel-Palestine war and spreading it as facts. 

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

3 hours ago, Dages said:

Yesterday I read someone saying that chatgpt is where C students gets D papers that they think are A+ papers.

Besides, all models have shown that AI is as biased as its programmers.

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

21 hours ago, Niel said:

Interesting. How did you learn the truth @Paulo?

I read something like “Proving to an atheist that God exist is like proving that the Sun exists in broad daylight”. Which reminds me of Romans 1:20, “For his invisible qualities are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made … so that they are inexcusable”.

:offtopic: Sorry for the off-topic

Yes, I did not learn the truth from the Bible.

It is pointless to use the Bible with someone that thinks that all religious books are man made fairy tales to fool the sheeps (sheeps in a pejorative meaning and not as we JWs use the term)

I become an atheist at 8 years of age when abandoned my mothers religion, a catholic, because of all the things done over the centuries. And understood all the religions were the same thing with a different smell, and used to control mankind.

And in the process I made a mistake, I confused God with men religion and killed God.

And went deep into science, and into what now call pseudo-science, the evolution.

Interestingly at the time, still in elementary school one of my colleagues was from a JWs family and I spent an afternoon in their home and found that they were a completely normal family. A bit of information very useful 12 year later.

Along the years I had several JWs knocking on my door and trying to talk to me.

My girlfriend, now my wife, had an JW aunt, and mentioned a will to study.

Jumping to later, her aunt tried to reason to me but she couldn't. She did not have the academic knowledge for that.

Then she quit, and a bit upset. But before leaving she left me a book: Life—How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation?

And I read it. And yes, Jehovah´s invisible qualities are clearly seen and inexcusable. :yes:

Of  course for chatGPT will not seem likely that religion will be destroyed. If that would be possible, Jehovah would not need to intervene and put in minds of leaders for this to happen. And GPT of course cant take Jehovah's future actions into account, right? :)

Interesting to see which prerequisite steps it sees would be needed, but I don't think this will happen at all. Probably they will forget about international law and declarations at this point :)

Or say it is needed to maintain P&S they just declared.

Edited by Osprey

19 hours ago, Sofia said:

It seems that Daniel prophecy is being fullfilled till verse 43.

Maybe, but the majority of energy resources are within KOTN and its allies lands.

And they did not capture it or ever refused to sell or trade them.

It is the KOTS and its allies that refuse to use them, and in the process ruin themselves.

And if Daniel 11:43 is the same as Ezekiel 38:5, that part is still to happen, although all pieces are in place, and all those countries are already beans counted for the KOTN side.

And in March last year, the land were both Kings are head to head against each other was priced to be distributed, but the KOTN did not allow that to happen at the time.

With money and options running out, war fatigue in the West, and new wars soon to start, maybe in 2024 both kings will distribute the land for a price. (39)

Of course only my thoughts

3 hours ago, Kwabena said:

I think in the great tribulation we're going to see how people will be using some of these AI tools for propaganda. They've even started. People are not making AI depiction of war crimes in the israel-Palestine war and spreading it as facts. 

Google has lauched it´s own AI : gemini.

It´s scary what´s available now

https://deepmind.google/technologies/gemini/#introduction

2 hours ago, Paulo said:

:offtopic: Sorry for the off-topic

Yes, I did not learn the truth from the Bible.

It is pointless to use the Bible with someone that thinks that all religious books are man made fairy tales to fool the sheeps (sheeps in a pejorative meaning and not as we JWs use the term)

I become an atheist at 8 years of age when abandoned my mothers religion, a catholic, because of all the things done over the centuries. And understood all the religions were the same thing with a different smell, and used to control mankind.

And in the process I made a mistake, I confused God with men religion and killed God.

And went deep into science, and into what now call pseudo-science, the evolution.

Interestingly at the time, still in elementary school one of my colleagues was from a JWs family and I spent an afternoon in their home and found that they were a completely normal family. A bit of information very useful 12 year later.

Along the years I had several JWs knocking on my door and trying to talk to me.

My girlfriend, now my wife, had an JW aunt, and mentioned a will to study.

Jumping to later, her aunt tried to reason to me but she couldn't. She did not have the academic knowledge for that.

Then she quit, and a bit upset. But before leaving she left me a book: Life—How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation?

And I read it. And yes, Jehovah´s invisible qualities are clearly seen and inexcusable. :yes:

Your  life story looks like something one would talk about in the talk in this week's CLAM meeting. (1 Corinthians 3:6,7)

AI sometimes needs to hear a repremind

Spoiler

Me :

I’ll give you a scenario. The Bible foretells that nations and UN someday will destroy religion as a whole. And it’s Jehovah who will make that happen. How do you think it will unfold?  

Gpt :

It's important to note that interpretations of religious texts can vary widely. The scenario you describe isn't a universally accepted interpretation of the Bible. Different religious traditions and individuals may have diverse views on the meaning of prophetic passages. If you have specific verses or details in mind, we can discuss them, but predicting future events based on religious texts is subjective and depends on personal beliefs.

Me : 

Don’t tell me I’m being dogmatic. I’m just talking about a possible scenario. When did I tell you to have faith of any kind? Just write a scenario.

Gpt :

Certainly, let's explore a fictional scenario based on your premise:

In this hypothetical scenario, tensions rise among nations and the United Nations, driven by various geopolitical, economic, and social factors. A charismatic leader emerges, proposing a global unity movement that advocates for the dissolution of organized religions to promote world peace and harmony.

Gradually gaining support, this leader convinces nations to adopt policies restricting religious practices and dismantling religious institutions. The United Nations, under the guise of fostering global unity, enforces these measures, leading to a significant decline in organized religions worldwide.

Amidst these changes, some individuals resist the movement, holding onto their faith in the face of increasing pressure. Meanwhile, others embrace the new order, viewing it as a path to a more harmonious world.

According to this speculative scenario, it unfolds as a complex interplay of political, social, and ideological forces, with the ultimate outcome shaped by the choices and reactions of people around the world.

Chat gpt is a collection of people’s thoughts so it can be very wrong and avoids controversies.

Edited by Hotteok

7 hours ago, Kwabena said:

I fully expect to see deep fake videos discrediting the GB. Can you imagine seeing a video of Brother Lett parking an expensive car in front of a mansion? 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I asked ChatGPT:

Write a short story that explains how we go from where we are today to the point of all religion being banned. In this story, at some point, there must be a declaration of "peace & security". Suddenly after this declaration, the nations decide to ban religion. Imagine how we get to that point.

Here's the results:

In the not-so-distant future, the world experienced a series of unprecedented events that would reshape the political and social landscape. Climate crises, economic instabilities, and the rise of authoritarian regimes became the backdrop for a shift in global dynamics.

The story begins with a series of devastating environmental disasters that heightened tensions among nations. Scarce resources and mass migrations led to increased competition and conflicts. In response, a global summit was convened to address the mounting crises.

At this summit, world leaders declared a groundbreaking agreement—an era of "peace and security." Nations pledged to work together for the collective well-being of humanity, promising to prioritize stability and order above all else. Citizens across the globe, weary from the turmoil of recent years, welcomed the prospect of a more secure future.

However, the declaration of "peace and security" marked a turning point that few anticipated. Authoritarian leaders, seizing the opportunity to consolidate power, began implementing surveillance measures on an unprecedented scale. Advanced technologies, originally intended for environmental monitoring, were repurposed to keep a close eye on citizens and their activities.

As the world became increasingly interconnected, governments argued that religious beliefs were a potential source of division and dissent. The narrative shifted, framing organized religions as threats to the newfound global harmony. Governments, motivated by a desire for absolute control, initiated a series of measures to suppress religious practices.

Initially, it started with strict regulations on religious gatherings and increased monitoring of religious institutions. Governments justified these actions by citing the need to maintain social order and prevent the resurgence of old conflicts. As time went on, the restrictions escalated, and the freedom to practice religion eroded.

In the name of "peace and security," the world witnessed the unthinkable—a coordinated effort by nations to ban all organized religions. Religious institutions faced severe consequences for non-compliance, and individuals who resisted faced persecution. The global population, once hopeful for a better future, found themselves living in a world where the freedom to worship was a distant memory.

😁

2 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

Write a short story that explains how we go from where we are today to the point of all religion being banned.

That's an amazing story, I like it. How long do you think it would take for that series of events to actually happen? I think it would take many years for something like that to happen. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

8 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

imagine seeing a video of Brother Lett parking an expensive car in front of a mansion? 

Students have shown me deep fake videos from brother Morris

😞

its already happening 😩

2 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

That's an amazing story, I like it. How long do you think it would take for that series of events to actually happen? I think it would take many years for something like that to happen. 

I don't like the answer, but it seems reasonable...

image.thumb.png.de6212bb4fa95d13e3197529b524f7f3.png

I would like to think we're somewhere in the middle of #2, maybe?

2 minutes ago, computerwiz said:

I don't like the answer, but it seems reasonable...

image.thumb.png.de6212bb4fa95d13e3197529b524f7f3.png

I would like to think we're somewhere in the middle of #2, maybe?

I agree, if world events play out similar to this story, I think the timeline is accurate but we are still in #1.