JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

10 hours ago, Paulo said:

An interesting detail is that while Turkey and USA are both members of NATO, those kurdish rebels are backed, equipped and supported by the KOTS, and considered as terrorists by Turkey.

Now how can that be justified by KOS, without ruffling a few feathers!!! This is crazy but.....it is satans doing. 

On 1/13/2024 at 11:28 AM, Tortuga said:

I think that scripture is very interesting. We know how volatile the world is now, any act of injustice can cause a riot. Now imagine what will happen when false religion is outlawed and people feel their freedoms are restricted. I expect to see mass rioting around the world and many many deaths. Religious wars in the absence of religion will be brutal.

The mass rioting when religion is finally banned - I have thought of that many times about how potentially deadly it could become, some willing to "fight to the end" for whatever side they are on.   Some may just say "oh well" while others may resort to violence.   Imagine the chaos and confusion of people wondering - "Why did God allow this to happen?".   We know the true answer why, as the bible is clear.

When the SDF warns us that it is going to be very difficult, after the destruction of BTG, I think they are referring in particular to the violence that will actually result from the destruction. We can imagine that extremists of all kinds will make themselves heard and hatred will pour out on social networks. BUT Jesus warns us that this will not be a time of paralyzing fear for us. He said we were going to 'raise our heads', like when we see an island in the distance, when the boat and its crew are battered by a monstrous storm. Light at the end of the tunnel. So no matter what happens at that moment, the joy of the heart will prevail, even in the midst of global tumult or deprivation. Let's just be prepared to share and overlook the minor flaws, starting with our own, that might strain us. We are assured that a large crowd must survive. Then we will survive, with Jehovah's help, and if sleep falls on us, the next second we are in the NW. How exciting, what hope !

I love how the bible and our publications assure us that we won't have to worry about our group suddenly being fire-bombed, or attacked by a mob during that time

Armageddon Is Good News! — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY (jw.org)

God will not allow the nations to destroy his people. They proudly bear his name, and they have obeyed his command to flee from Babylon the Great. (Acts 15:16, 17; Rev. 18:4) They have also worked hard to help others flee from her. So Jehovah’s servants will not “receive part of her plagues.” Still, their faith will be tested.

It even shows that we'll escape notice, even though we'd be the last ones standing

Stay Faithful Through the “Great Tribulation” — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY (jw.org)

Jehovah has promised that he will “cut short the days” of the tribulation so that his “chosen ones” and true religion will survive. (Mark 13:19, 20)

2 minutes ago, Dolce vita said:

I'm not sure I understood what you mean in english but in french I see very well🤣🤣. My beloved brothers and sisters have corrected me, I am sure. Thanks Doug. It is very funny.

Note that in French, in my text, it is in the correct order : ' Lorsque le FDS '  I just hope it's not an English profanity.

7 hours ago, Desert Dan said:

The mass rioting when religion is finally banned - I have thought of that many times about how potentially deadly it could become, some willing to "fight to the end" for whatever side they are on. 

Annual meeting 2020: Kenneth Cook, Jr.: Will You Keep Standing Among the Righteous?

Said in his talk:

Many goatlike ones will perish early in the great tribulation when the governments of this world turn on and destroy false religion.

Many more will perish at the hands of other goatlike people.

Ezekiel 38:21 prophetically states that “every man’s sword will be against his own brother.”

3 hours ago, Doug said:

President Zelensky has requested Switzerland to organize a "high-level peace conference".   Daily Mail.

Yes, we have seen and continue to see world leaders and politicians push for this

https://www.reuters.com/world/china-calls-larger-scale-peace-conference-gaza-crisis-wang-yi-2024-01-15/

3 hours ago, Paulo said:

Reading Job for this week meeting, Job 37:22 remind us of Daniel 11:44.
Soon. Very soon.

Ahhh!! I though more about….

Dan. 11:45 when I read Job.34:20,24,25

but attention: that was my WILD imagination 🤣

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

The three major flashpoints of instability and war really have strategists worried. Mostly about international trade and the “small defence budgets” in democratic countries compared to the authoritarian ones. You can see these strategists can see something big coming, and there’s nothing hopeful on the horizon according to them.

“But 2024 will be far from normal. Setting aside climate change, there are an array of human security threats present which are trending towards even greater instability in the coming months.”

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-01-16/taiwan-israel-gaza-ukraine-russia-2024-not-a-normal-year/103321734

Taiwan and China, Israel and Gaza and Russia and Ukraine, now the Houthis in Yemen arcing up their “battle with the West”, and Iran behind many operatives bent on destroying western hegemony. Others here have mentioned the situation in South America becoming more unstable as never before. African lands are also in the throes of loosening all ex-colonial remnants through violence and coups. The authoritarian way of rule is back.

We really thank Jehovah for helping us see where we are in the stream of time. 

45 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

“But 2024 will be far from normal.

One Op-Ed I read compared 2023 to the years before WWI.

"the past year has undoubtedly been one of the starkest periods of global turmoil since the run up to the first World War, and the historical parallels are uncanny. As a unipolar political order fragments with new challenger powers emerging, the world has descended into a security dilemma fraught with explosive regional conflicts, widespread struggles for influence, arms races and weaponization of trade. Following on from 2022, this has ushered in a new and less secure era."

Will 2023 be known as the last year of global US hegemony?

https://www.rt.com/news/589933-2023-us-hegemony-last/

Know this my beloved brothers, I am not a native English speaker.

Please be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger. (James 1:19)

2 hours ago, MChill14 said:

I see this as sensational news coverage. Russia is struggling with single no NATO member and yet they want to have war with whole NATO? Cannot see any of this … Daily Mail? 🤔 Edited: Airforce of NATO 20.000, Airforce of Russia 4000… it does not look good for Russia in terms of that single element. 

Edited by New World Explorer

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

3 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

“But 2024 will be far from normal. Setting aside climate change, there are an array of human security threats present which are trending towards even greater instability in the coming months.”

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-01-16/taiwan-israel-gaza-ukraine-russia-2024-not-a-normal-year/103321734

They might peace and security this year then.. 

I cant wait! I cant wait living the real life. 

I will admit, all the flashpoints seem to be happening at once.

Gaza in outright war. The US Election finally underway. Russia expanding against Europe. Taiwan electing an anti-China reformer. The mean temperature of the world flirting with a 1.5 increase. The 'KotN' attacks on JW's...

All the things that have been simmering for decades as 'what ifs' are on the boil, all at the same time, in 2024.

13 hours ago, MChill14 said:

Die Bundeswehr bereitet sich auf einen bewaffneten Konflikt gegen Russland vor.

(The Bundeswehr is preparing for an armed conflict against Russia.)

"Es ist ein Übungs-Szenario, das Schritt für Schritt, Monat für Monat skizziert, wie der russische Diktator Wladimir Putin vorgehen würde und wie die Nato sich wehren müsste. "

("It is a training scenario that outlines, step by step, month by month, how Russian dictator Vladimir Putin would proceed and how NATO would have to defend itself.")

https://www.bild.de/bild-plus/politik/ausland/politik-ausland/exklusives-geheim-papier-bundeswehr-bereitet-sich-auf-putin-angriff-vor-86752990.bild.html

And on the Russian media:

Moscow has ridiculed the claims, calling them a “hoax.” Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told journalists on Monday that he refused to “even comment on this report.” Meanwhile, Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova also brushed the claims off as a “last year’s powerful zodiac forecast.”

Germany comments on Russian attack claim

https://www.rt.com/news/590703-germany-comment-russian-attack-claim/

Could also be considered the possibility that this news were ordered to shift the attention of the German people.

There is nothing better than a nasty common enemy to unite disgruntled and angry people.

German economy is staling, heavy industry is closing and cost of living is increasing, while 64% of voters in the country believe Scholz should step down (INSA polling institute)

This week farmers blocked roads and highways, with truck drivers supporting them, in  a wave of protests after the government announced a cut in agricultural subsidies and exemptions to save €900 million.

This is to fill a hole of €17 billion in the 2024 budget, while increasing its support to Ukraine to €8 billion for 2024, to add to the €17 billion from January 2022 to October 2023.
A poll shows that 68% of german support the farmers (INSA/Bild)

Train drivers also had a major strike last week.

And there is a new anti-war party, with a poll indicating that some 27% of Germans would not rule out voting for it. (Bild am Sonntag)

Add to this the sentiment againts the Ukraine war feeding the far-right.

Polls give 19% to AfD and 20% to the Social Democrats of Chancellor Olaf Scholz’s. (wahlrecht)