JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Peace and Security, Great Tribulation, Armageddon

2 hours ago, JennyM said:

Silicon Valley collapse.. The 16th largest bank in the US. 

This was why the world markets took a tumble on Friday.  They have been telling us to expect a recession this year and this could be the start. We have to wait till the US markets open later to see if it has caused a ripple effect and sent things down further.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

56 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

This was why the world markets took a tumble on Friday.  They have been telling us to expect a recession this year and this could be the start. We have to wait till the US markets open later to see if it has caused a ripple effect and sent things down further.

Im glad I have  knowledge about Jehovah. Its terrifying to think about it. Very soon. People will faint out of fear - Luke 21:26 

2 hours ago, JennyM said:

I mean the silicon valley bank. Financial system in this world will soon collapse. 

The Financial  system will collapse during the GT after they wept over the destruction of BT. Revelation 18:15-19. For now, the Financial system will take hits because of this failing system. Our Judgement message will come after the destruction of BT. The message will tell the Financial system and the nations that they are next to go the drain.

Edited by Dustparticle

20 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

The Financial  system will collapse during the GT after they wept over the destruction of BT. Revelation 18:15-19. For now, the Financial system will take hits because of this failing system. Our Judgement message will come after the destruction of BT. The message will tell the Financial system and the nations that they are next to go the drain.

Ok. Thats the major trigger point. Another Great depression in 1930s but worse than that.

9 hours ago, JennyM said:

I mean the silicon valley bank. Financial system in this world will soon collapse. 

Nothing in the Bible tells us to expect global financial collapse before Armageddon itself. 

A world financial collapse would be the opposite of peace and security. 

38 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Nothing in the Bible tells us to expect global financial collapse before Armageddon itself. 

A world financial collapse would be the opposite of peace and security. 

They might declare peace and security because of a nuclear war threat. At the moment, there are food shortages in the UK, in Australia and some part of US due to climate crisis + we dont forget the effect of ukraine war wherein  ordinary farmers cant bear the cost of fertilizers. 

Edited by JennyM

7 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Thanks for the reminder. I have nothing to worry then. I will still have money to use to serve. hmmm. But Sri Lanka and Venezuela, and Pakistan economy are already bankrupt. 

4 hours ago, JennyM said:

Thanks for the reminder. I have nothing to worry then. I will still have money to use to serve. hmmm. But Sri Lanka and Venezuela, and Pakistan economy are already bankrupt. 

Another bank failure https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/regulators-seize-signature-bank-in-third-largest-us-bank-failure-231404695.html

Zelensky and other Ukrainian leaders have accused the long-established Ukrainian Orthodox Church (UOC), itself under the ecclesiastical jurisdiction of the Russian Orthodox Church, of undermining Ukrainian unity and collaborating with Moscow.

Authorities ordered the church last Friday to leave its base in the 980-year-old Pechersk Lavra monastery complex, prompting Russian Orthodox Patriarch Kirill to ask Pope Francis and other religious leaders to help stop the crackdown.

Ukrainians, he said, had reacted positively.

"We will continue this movement," he said. "We will not allow the terrorist state any opportunity to manipulate the spiritual life of our people, to destroy Ukrainian shrines - our Lavras - or to steal values from them."

Kirill has strongly supported Russia's invasion of Ukraine. In his appeal, he urged religious leaders and international organizations to "make every effort to prevent the forced closure of the monastery."

The Security Service of Ukraine has since October carried out searches at UOC churches, imposed sanctions on its bishops and financial backers, and opened criminal cases against dozens of clergymen.

Church officials say it and its millions of worshippers are victims of a witch-hunt.

https://m.jpost.com/christianworld/article-734138/amp

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

2 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

That is highly unlikely. Banks are in competition with one another it would very hard for them to come together. 2 Timothy 3:1-5.

When I was in my 20s, I worked as a bank teller in my town‘s largest savings bank. I can tell you that they DO NOT COMPETE WITH EACH OTHER, in fact they work together. The checks that my bank cash each day we’re daily deposited into the bank across the street and vice versa. Cash was also exchanged.

It’s going to happen whether you want it or not.

Eze 7:19 will be fulfilled.

Edited by zoebarry

11 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

When I was in my 20s, I worked as a bank teller in my town‘s largest savings bank. I can tell you that they DO NOT COMPETE WITH EACH OTHER, in fact they work together. The checks that my bank cash each day we’re daily deposited into the bank across the street and vice versa. Cash was also exchanged.

It’s going to happen whether you want it or not.

With all due respect, here is one of many articles. https://www.forbes.com/sites/miltonezrati/2018/06/15/competition-between-banks-and-alternative-lenders-the-public-wins/?sh=39feb7f8bf26

59 minutes ago, zoebarry said:

*** rr chap. 6 pp. 69-70 par. 17 “The End Is Now Upon You” ***

17 Ezekiel’s prophecy also reminds us that when the coming attack against religious organizations occurs, members of the churches will not be “going to the battle” to defend religion. Instead, as they begin to realize that their cry for help, “Lord, Lord,” is going unanswered, “their hands will hang limp” and they will be “shuddering.” (Ezek. 7:3, 14, 17, 18; Matt. 7:21-23) What else will they do? (Read Ezekiel 7:19-21.) Jehovah says: “They will throw their silver into the streets.” That statement regarding the inhabitants of ancient Jerusalem also vividly illustrates what will take place during the great tribulation. At that time, people will realize that money cannot save them from the coming calamity.

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=1102017166&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=25

The prophecy's fulfillment is people realizing their money cannot save them from Jehovah's anger. 

42 minutes ago, Dustparticle said:

It had a minor fulfillment against Jerusalem before 607 BCE and will have another one during the GT.

I think, this was mentioned in the Pure Worship book, here's the quotes: 😅

Chapter 6 Paragraph 14 and 15

14 At the time that Ezekiel received the prophecy of the 390 days and the 40 days, he may not have discerned the exact year of Jerusalem’s end. Nevertheless, in the years leading up to its destruction, he repeatedly warned the Jews that Jehovah’s judgment was coming. “The end is now upon you,” he proclaimed. (Read Ezekiel 7:3, 5-10.) Ezekiel had no doubt that Jehovah would prove to be an exact timekeeper. (Isa. 46:10) The prophet also foretold what events would precede the destruction of Jerusalem: “There will come disaster upon disaster.” Those events, in turn, would lead up to the breakdown of social, religious, and governmental structures.—Ezek. 7:11-13, 25-27.

15 A few years after Ezekiel proclaimed Jerusalem’s fall, the prophecy began to be fulfilled. In 609 B.C.E., Ezekiel learned that the attack against Jerusalem had begun.

End of quotes.

I had my comment on these paragraphs, that before we realized that the Great Tribulation already occured, we will see the fulfillment of it little by little, as what happened before the total destruction of Jerusalem in 607 B.C.E.

And now, we are seeing it being fulfilled little by little, by means of financial crisis, climate crisis, and other crisis. It's like a domino effects.

Edited by jrnievas

35 minutes ago, jrnievas said:

I think, this was mentioned in the Pure Worship book, here's the quotes: 😅

Chapter 6 Paragraph 14 and 15

14 At the time that Ezekiel received the prophecy of the 390 days and the 40 days, he may not have discerned the exact year of Jerusalem’s end. Nevertheless, in the years leading up to its destruction, he repeatedly warned the Jews that Jehovah’s judgment was coming. “The end is now upon you,” he proclaimed. (Read Ezekiel 7:3, 5-10.) Ezekiel had no doubt that Jehovah would prove to be an exact timekeeper. (Isa. 46:10) The prophet also foretold what events would precede the destruction of Jerusalem: “There will come disaster upon disaster.” Those events, in turn, would lead up to the breakdown of social, religious, and governmental structures.—Ezek. 7:11-13, 25-27.

15 A few years after Ezekiel proclaimed Jerusalem’s fall, the prophecy began to be fulfilled. In 609 B.C.E., Ezekiel learned that the attack against Jerusalem had begun.

End of quotes.

I had my comment on these paragraphs, that before we realized that the Great Tribulation already occured, we will see the fulfillment of it little by little, as what happened before the total destruction of Jerusalem in 607 B.C.E.

And now, we are seeing it being fulfilled little by little, by means of financial crisis, climate crisis, and other crisis. It's like a domino effects.

And that is where I got my info from.

7 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

Yes I saw it too. And now, its early morning and all bank stocks are in red. When the US economy sneezes, the whole world economy catch a cold. 

40 minutes ago, jrnievas said:

There will come disaster upon disaster.” Those events, in turn, would lead up to the breakdown of social, religious, and governmental structures.—Ezek. 7:11-13, 25-27.

End of quotes.

This is neat! Our annual meeting supports that view. Our situation now is liken to 66CE. There are divisions and things get harder.

Have we noticed that our WT lessons are more on endurance then prepare for possible protests, disaster, then economic crisis? 

Its gonna be hard. Things will get worse before they will get better. Thanks to Jehovah for viewing me as worthy of the coming paradise. I cant endure on my own but I know Jehovah will help me. 

15 hours ago, JennyM said:

It has been suggested by the brothers that you keep some cash on hand in case the banks fail and you can't get your money out, like what happened in Venezuela, and in other countries where there has been hyper-inflation and bank failures.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

16 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

It has been suggested by the brothers that you keep some cash on hand in case the banks fail and you can't get your money out, like what happened in Venezuela, and in other countries where there has been hyper-inflation and bank failures.

Good thing. I dont have much savings. I only have extra for emergency and I know where to get money when on emergency. I have little money but I am able to survive and live practically and simply. 

8 hours ago, JennyM said:

Good thing. I dont have much savings. I only have extra for emergency and I know where to get money when on emergency. I have little money but I am able to survive and live practically and simply. 

I think I have enough chocolate store up for now.